Sponsored

Water leaking in engine bay

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
tape and caulk, this thread is going to end up on a chevy forum lol.

The water in the engine bay is normal. All the wiring connectors have o-rings/seals and considered water tight. The engine cover is there to keep the water out of the V.
Sponsored

LCMM55

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
My truck does the same thing, I haven't had time to take it apart and check how it was assembled to see if there is an easy way to stop this.
If it is under warranty, bumper to bumper 3yr/36mo, go that route first so we can get more records of this happening and becomes an issue. Ford may creat a Technical service bulltin after enough complaints. Feel free to download the pics I took. My neighbor has the 3.5L turbo and is checking his as we type. We will see. No one really lifts the hood of new cars today because only dealers and qualified mechanics can fix anything complicated anymore.

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
If it is under warranty, bumper to bumper 3yr/36mo, go that route first so we can get more records of this happening and becomes an issue. Ford may creat a Technical service bulltin after enough complaints. Feel free to download the pics I took. My neighbor has the 3.5L turbo and is checking his as we type. We will see. No one really lifts the hood of new cars today because only dealers and qualified mechanics can fix anything complicated anymore.
My truck has an appointment at the dealer at the end of the month for the recalls, I will have this water leak concern added...

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
tape and caulk, this thread is going to end up on a chevy forum lol.

The water in the engine bay is normal. All the wiring connectors have o-rings/seals and considered water tight. The engine cover is there to keep the water out of the V.
Water in engine bay is definitely NOT normal on a brand new truck

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Water in engine bay is definitely NOT normal on a brand new truck
Sorry but given the design of the plastic and the rubber seal, it's going to leak something. Given a hard rain or washing you are going to have a little bit of water that works it's way past. The engine bay is not water tight and is not sealed that way.

Sponsored

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry but given the design of the plastic and the rubber seal, it's going to leak something. Given a hard rain or washing you are going to have a little bit of water that works it's way past. The engine bay is not water tight and is not sealed that way.
No, it does not.

They are designed to 1. seal, and 2. pitch water to the drain towards the edges at designated drain points and NOT directly onto the engine cover...

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
These were taken today after 15mins of downpours. No water

Ford F-150 Water leaking in engine bay 20220718-155452_p0

Ford F-150 Water leaking in engine bay 20220718-155452_p1

Ford F-150 Water leaking in engine bay 20220718-155452_p2

LCMM55

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Looks like any water on the V8 may just fall into the top of the motor.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems to be happening with the V6 twin turbo.
I dont think Ford would make 2 different cowls for V6 and V8 engines.

My money is on an improper install

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
Was at the dealer to get the leak stopped. They would not because Ford says there is no fix and they will not pay for it. The dealer even did it with other f150sand it leaked. I took some PROFLEX RV CAULK CLEAR Ane ND sealed the entire seam between the wiper schroud. Be sure to unhook the clips holding the driveers side and lay in the caulk on the passeger side all the way to the engine side lip. Cauking the entire length. Lower the drivers side panel clicking it into place. Then lay in a bead along the channel between the panels. Use painters tap to keep the caulk off the top of the panels and making a mess. Use rubber gloves. Let the caulk dry for a few hrs before removing the painters tape. It rained a couple of hrs after i did this. Not a drop of water on the engine cover. Photos attached

20220715_161735.jpg

20220715_161243.jpg

20220715_161223.jpg

20220715_161212.jpg
Oh my, this looks awful
Sponsored