Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Have an odd issue after 2.8.1. I get a GPS with a line through it or a cloud with a line through it on my Nav screen. I am looking for a setting that may have been upset by the update. I know I have to re set my driving screen preferences after each update.
Sponsored

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I realize I am preaching to the converted, but my truck (just now) alerted me that I now have 2.7.3. The truck was built in March of '21 and delivered in April of '21. What is the holdup?
It was just about 10 days for me to get from 2.7.3 to 2.8.2 and to have blue cruise active. That was this last Wednesday. Today while driving 3 hours I got 2.8.3 and can now have the bed camera in while driving at any speed, as well as having it in the side panel of the display.

cihakp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid
I keep getting a message telling me blue cruise is active and to be prepared to resume control but it is not active. There is no indicators and the driver’s assistance page has lane centering but not lane centering hands free.
My vehicle was at the dealership for three weeks and they told me everything was successful. It is not. I have the same messages that you have. I get a notification that Blue Cruise is on. I also get alerts to keep my eyes on the road but if I go hands free it warns me to put my hands on the wheel. It is like the vehicle thinks it has Blue Cruise but it doesn't. The vehicle icon never changes from green to blue. I drove I-95 up and down the east coast and no where was blue cruise active. My VIN is 1FTFW1EDXMFB68077. Jessie, if you have the time I would appreciate you running a check on the VIN. My update details screen shows me at version 2.6.0. I am having a difficult time understanding which version actually provides blue cruise. Also, why are some people getting updates to 2.8.x and I am still at 2.6.0.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Have an odd issue after 2.8.1. I get a GPS with a line through it or a cloud with a line through it on my Nav screen. I am looking for a setting that may have been upset by the update. I know I have to re set my driving screen preferences after each update.
The Cloud with a line means no comms with the TCU. So things like traffic, weather and your online destination search will not work.

Does that show every time you start your truck or was it a one time issue

DougS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Marketing
Hi Jesse
I have 2.7.? Says next update is 2.8.1 i can get it to start the update but it stops and on Ford Pass it says Update Rescheduled because precautions not met. I checked them and believe all met. Also put a charger on battery. 1FTFW1E86MFA24884 Can you take a look?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi Jesse
I have 2.7.? Says next update is 2.8.1 i can get it to start the update but it stops and on Ford Pass it says Update Rescheduled because precautions not met. I checked them and believe all met. Also put a charger on battery. 1FTFW1E86MFA24884 Can you take a look?
I would suggest you leave the charger on overnight. This update is a big one. S the battery has to be at high state of charge

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 1656531238753

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Is 2.7.3 a large update? It has failed / attempted to update 3 times at random times that were not scheduled.
1FTEW1C59MKE39337

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
The Cloud with a line means no comms with the TCU. So things like traffic, weather and your online destination search will not work.

Does that show every time you start your truck or was it a one time issue
It is not there anymore. However 2.8.2 loaded last night so I don't know if it was still an issue that or just temporary.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It is not there anymore. However 2.8.2 loaded last night so I don't know if it was still an issue that or just temporary.
Its still there. If you look at the time that as of today.. so just charge the battery and it will install

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
It took a few weeks, but I got all the OTA updates finally for BC. Just sharing some observations and theories I had from the process. Mine went smoothly - I have my updates scheduled at 11pm and all days picked. I don't believe any update individually took more than an hour, I usually would get a message around 11:20 or a bit earlier that updates were successful each time, one took nearly an hour. For me, I was only getting an update 1 time per week at first, and I only took one decent longer trip each week which probably got the battery recharged enough to allow the next to be sent. The last few updates, I got much faster as I was using my truck about every other day for a decent trip, and I'd get the update right after. I got all of them up to 2.8.1 during schedule time and 2.8.1 took longest to update (50 mins), 2.8.2 happened while at dinner or within 5 mins of driving after dinner one night, 2.8.3 happened during a scheduled update slot. I never put on charger, but assume if I did, or if I would have driven the truck more, the updates would have rolled a bit faster to me.

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I realize I am preaching to the converted, but my truck (just now) alerted me that I now have 2.7.3. The truck was built in March of '21 and delivered in April of '21. What is the holdup? I was really hoping to use BlueCruise this coming week. I'll be logging about 2,000 miles over the course of 7 days and it sure would be nice to have. My local dealer has a zero percent success rate pushing the update through, so I am waiting on the great Ford in the sky to beam me down the good stuff.
Not sure if you got more updates, but I found that I was getting them one update every 6 days or so which aligned with when I drove my truck the most. I found the more I drove it, the faster the updates came. Didn't have to be much, but driving around town for 20 mins in tow mode or sport seemed to get the battery charged up well and I'm assuming that helped meet a requirement to push the next update. I also had my updates scheduled for all days at 11pm.

DougS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Marketing
I would suggest you leave the charger on overnight. This update is a big one. S the battery has to be at high state of charge

1656531238753.png
I charged battery all night. Its an auto charger at 15 Amps now the green light is flashing full charge. Tried to run update this am and again just now. Still saying rescheduled.
Sponsored