Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
OK. It updated after charging. Just need 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 now. Hopefully it is released sooner then 10 days between updates.
2.8.1 is in que. Time to put the charger back on. Does it care if I leave the hood up ?
Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I keep getting a message telling me blue cruise is active and to be prepared to resume control but it is not active. There is no indicators and the driver’s assistance page has lane centering but not lane centering hands free.
If you hit the cruise control button. it will always say that, regardless, whether you're on a BlueCruise mapped road or not. Have you tried it on an interstate (or Canada 400 series highway)? I have recently driven to Findlay OH, from Windsor, ON, via Detroit tunnel. Ontario 401, and I-75 have both worked for me. IPC turns vivid blue and tach is replaced with image of steering wheel, with "Hands Free" inside it. If you have attempted on an interstate, then I'm uncertain why it's not activating.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
2.8.1 is in que. Time to put the charger back on. Does it care if I leave the hood up ?
I’d button everything up. Watch the progress thru the window on the screen.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
If you hit the cruise control button. it will always say that, regardless, whether you're on a BlueCruise mapped road or not. Have you tried it on an interstate (or Canada 400 series highway)? I have recently driven to Findlay OH, from Windsor, ON, via Detroit tunnel. Ontario 401, and I-75 have both worked for me. IPC turns vivid blue and tach is replaced with image of steering wheel, with "Hands Free" inside it. If you have attempted on an interstate, then I'm uncertain why it's not activating.
I have 2..8.2 update and the option to select hands free is not available.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So I received 2.8.2 tonight just as I was starting a 5 hour drive back to my vacation. With blue cruise functional the drive was so much better.

For those stating that they are getting the “blue cruise is active, be prepared to resume control, you will get that with 2.8.1, but you must have 2.8.2 to,actually use blue cruise.
i have 2.8.2 but still no hands free

Sponsored

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I have 2..8.2 update and the option to select hands free is not available.
There is no selection. Once you have 2.8.2 and you turn on adaptive cruise control with lane centering, if the highway has been mapped by ford for BC, it will automatically activate.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I can't find it in the service manual right now, but I'm certain I read that OTA will not install if the hood is open. There's a whole list of parameters that will prevent OTA's from installing. I'll try to post it when I find it.

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
I can't find it in the service manual right now, but I'm certain I read that OTA will not install if the hood is open. There's a whole list of parameters that will prevent OTA's from installing. I'll try to post it when I find it.
I found it...It is in FordPass under Preconditions.
Parked
Not running
All light off
All doors closed
Foot off the brake
EV not fast charging.

KirkBay

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FX4 PowerBoost, 64 El Camino, 65 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's very finicky on mine. The other day it told me blue cruise was active, then took about another mile or so before the indicators changed color and said "hands free". Hasn't worked since, so time will tell.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I could Larry but they won’t. At this point you either need a different dealer or do it at home. Honestly I could fix it with Forscan but fdrs is preferred so it updates the servers with the correct data. Your ipc config is wrong and is the only thing holding back. Tel them to run a PMI. When asked if original module installed select no. It will 100% fix it! I can’t promise a lot this I can promise
Jesse, I live in the Dallas area. Would you be willing to take a look at my 2021 F150 Limited and see if you can tell why it does not have Blue Cruise? I have updates up to 2.8.2. Thanks.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, I live in the Dallas area. Would you be willing to take a look at my 2021 F150 Limited and see if you can tell why it does not have Blue Cruise? I have updates up to 2.8.2. Thanks.
Yea. Absolutely.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Took our 21 to the dealer last week. For an oil change, recall and for them to get BC working. Wanted the BC more than anything as we are leaving for a 10.5hr road trip on June 28th.

Recall - they had to order parts from Ford. ugh!
BC - After 4 days of messing around they replaced the battery, and magically everything updated and we now have BC. Tested it on the way home and it works!

I still do not know what Power Up Version we have. I think we are at version 2.8.3 as the Sync Version is now - 22095_PRODUCT Revision: 421 . Plus yesterday it received an OTA update for recall 22S17 fixing trailer relay module.

If not for this forum I would not have known what to say to the Dealer to get them doing the right things.
Thank you all.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I took my 21 F150 Limited to Jessie-infotainment to look at and he was phenomenal in his knowledge. He was able to get my truck updated and now the Blue Cruise function works properly. He is a very nice man and I much appreciate his help.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I took my 21 F150 Limited to Jessie-infotainment to look at and he was phenomenal in his knowledge. He was able to get my truck updated and now the Blue Cruise function works properly. He is a very nice man and I much appreciate his help.
Thanks for the words. Glad to meet you and help you get everything updated.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I realize I am preaching to the converted, but my truck (just now) alerted me that I now have 2.7.3. The truck was built in March of '21 and delivered in April of '21. What is the holdup? I was really hoping to use BlueCruise this coming week. I'll be logging about 2,000 miles over the course of 7 days and it sure would be nice to have. My local dealer has a zero percent success rate pushing the update through, so I am waiting on the great Ford in the sky to beam me down the good stuff.
Sponsored