Sponsored

Can’t seem to get the power running boards to deploy on approach? What am I missing?

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Picked up my ‘22 Platinum this afternoon…gorgeous truck(antimatter blue metallic with the Carmelo leather), and I can’t seem to get the running boards to deploy on approach? I went in to the running board section on the settings, set it to approach, and when I shut the vehicle off and get out and lock it and walk away(fob in hand), and then walk back to see if they will deploy as I approach, they won’t.

If I stick my hand in the door handle, the welcome lighting comes on, and the boards will deploy…but they won’t deploy as I approach with the fob in my hand??? Boards are set to auto, and approach is turned on… What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Nobody has any ideas/info?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
You need to get into your menu and find section that welcomes you on approach. Your lights will turn on as well as the boards deploying. Not near the truck to tell you what section it is.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I'll check mine when I get in my truck again to see my settings.

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
You need to get into your menu and find section that welcomes you on approach. Your lights will turn on as well as the boards deploying. Not near the truck to tell you what section it is.
i did all that already..still doesn’t deploy on approach. If I unlock from fob,both boards will deploy and lights all come on. But won’t do it as I approach.
But thank you for the response. 👍. I’m sure it’s something silly I forgot to do or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I'll check mine when I get in my truck again to see my settings.
Thank you RedTXV. I can’t seem to figure it out lol.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Here are my settings. I turned it off and tested, they did not deploy until I touched the handle like you describe.

I turned it back on and they worked properly upon approach.
IMG_7833.jpg

Just for grins, try your other key fob and see if it works.

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Yes, I have that turned on as you do. (Blue button means on I take it). I will try my other fob..good idea. That possibility did cross my mind, and I will try the other fob.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Yes, I have that turned on as you do. (Blue button means on I take it). I will try my other fob..good idea. That possibility did cross my mind, and I will try the other fob.
If your other fob works, change the battery in your original. I know you shouldn't have to change it so soon, but it's worth a shot.

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
Once you get it to work you will most likely hate it and turn it back off. It makes being in the proximity of your truck with the fob in your pocket very annoying to you and others.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Once you get it to work you will most likely hate it and turn it back off. It makes being in the proximity of your truck with the fob in your pocket very annoying to you and others.
This is how I feel about the welcome lights. If I'm just walking around the front of the house they turn on and of all the time and it's annoying. I've kept them on because I like the feature when I'm out and about. I normally keep my truck across the street, but when I don't it's definitely annoying.

*I know, I could just not carry my keys on me at home, but I'm a creature of habit. Phone, wallet, keys always in my pockets even if I don't go anywhere that day

OP
OP

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Ok…so I go out to the truck, and I walk up and still nothing. I start putting some of my belongings in the storage area, shut the door and walk away, try the other fob and it works. Then I leave the other fob that it worked with aside, and try the original fob, and that worked too….now it works!?🤷‍♂️. Last night it wouldn’t work for anything. Who the f#*% knows?? Lol.

Thanks gentlemen for the suggestions…guess the truck has a mind of its own.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
This. I thought I would love it, but its annoying to see the boards go in and out as you walk around your garage or driveway /w the Fob in your pocket. It sounds like a great feature until you use it.

Now the Kick Switch on the running boards to deploy them? Thats amazing for when you have to grab something out of the bed of the truck.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Would be nice if it could be based on geographic location. I.e. don't do this when at my house, but otherwise do it. Trucks have GPS and report it back to fordpass, so should be easy to do geofencing on the feature (though they may not have the space to program for that)

I don't have a foot in this game though. No power running boards for me.
Sponsored