Bluecruise OTA Status?

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Just got 2.8.1 installed OTA. Today I deleted the scheduled download times since that worked last time. About an hour later I saw that it was queued in the Widget. Went out to the truck and saw that the Update Now button was highlighted. Pushed it, connected my trickle charger and shut the doors. Screen said it'll be about 143 minutes. I checked the screen every 15 minutes thru the window to watch the progress. At 45 mins it showed about 62% done. Overall it was done after about an hour. After starting her up I can see that the 2 IR windows have faint red lights. Getting real close!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I ended up getting 2.8.1 next. Seems like next update is officially getting BlueCruise.
how many days passed between the Bluecruise updates? I have 2.7.4 scheduled for tonight and I believe that’s the first of 3 to get Bluecruise .

jhenke78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
how many days passed between the Bluecruise updates? I have 2.7.4 scheduled for tonight and I believe that’s the first of 3 to get Bluecruise .
Still sitting on 2.8.1. So close. The truck is parked at the airport. Was really hoping to have it when I get home but not looking good. The middle ground of having BlueCruise warnings with the cameras but not the functionality is annoying. Can’t believe they bring you so close but don’t close it out.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Very random. Some lucky ones get in days. Mine took 6 weeks. Now another six waiting for 2.8.3.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Very random. Some lucky ones get in days. Mine took 6 weeks. Now another six waiting for 2.8.3.
Oh man. That’s what I’m worried about and I’m not typically on of the lucky ones.

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Running a config will take less time than them getting set up. It takes a few mins. If they do run it let me know as soon as they do and I can take a look and tell you if it was successful.
Dropped truck off

they said that the config is not the problem. I think the guy obviously isn’t as strong on knowledge

they are working on it now so I’m assuming after a few days they will realize that config was the problem

very frustrating

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got it and took a look. Youa re actually in good shape. They need to run a COnfig on the IPC. The issue looks like the IPC update was done at the dealer and it failed. THe OTA came through in May and loaded the half that didnt load.

SO what needs to happen now that the IPC is updated they need to run a Config on it.
Just heard from the dealership still no success and ticket opened with engineering..his guy claims its not what we told him.. .
Whats involved or parts needed for me to do the ipc config myself? Or is anyone in south east florida that can help me as im now at 4 trips to dealership and no success and my confidence in them completing it is near zero….

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Just heard from the dealership still no success and ticket opened with engineering..his guy claims its not what we told him.. .
Whats involved or parts needed for me to do the ipc config myself? Or is anyone in south east florida that can help me as im now at 4 trips to dealership and no success and my confidence in them completing it is near zero….
It would be so much fun to have Jesse remote in on the techs laptop and perform the fix right in front of him.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It would be so much fun to have Jesse remote in on the techs laptop and perform the fix right in front of him.
I wish I could just to do it. Their egos wont allow it. One guy told me he made a suggestion to the dealer what I told him and they told him they cant help him to pick up his truck. Can you believe how utterly pathetic and fragile they are.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's exactly why I recommend never mentioning the word internet or forum at a dealership. An informed customer is immediately viewed as a threat.

To be as fair as I can be, I see something familiar in the IT industry. (how I have provided for my family for decades) Some "techs" will be quick to make jokes about how little a customer might know or understand, but those same techs will roll their eyes if their customer is tech savvy. When I witness it, I nip it real quick. I'm friendly about it, but it's made clear that isn't going to be our culture. But more importantly I ask what exactly is it that you are uncomfortable with if the customer knows more than you expected?

Humans can be so territorial. Lol

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well I looked at the logs.. And I want to reflect on what I recommended yesterday he tell the dealer.
2.7.4 failed last night. I tried the update manually and it failed too. Crap....
What is your vin. Ill look to see what the reason of failure was. Most likely low battery

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Well I looked at the logs.. And I want to reflect on what I recommended yesterday he tell the dealer.

What is your vin. Ill look to see what the reason of failure was. Most likely low battery
I have it on the Noco now and started another manual update.
1FTFW1E87MKD23274

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have it on the Noco now and started another manual update.
1FTFW1E87MKD23274
Ok this is IPC(Cluster) Update step 2 and yes it failed due to low battery

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 1655661427480
Sponsored