Sponsored

Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different".

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Are the shocks supposed to be offcentered? This is my third suspension install and I have never seen anything like this. Seems like the springs energy is going to blow out the shock. It should be all vertically aligned otherwise the lateral forces seem like it’s going to destroy the shock…maybe under weight it corrects?

and The tops are angled as well. Is this to help alignment?

Also, the factory shocks/springs seems like a better built system vs this fox. The factor has protective covers over the chrome tube, and the springs are much beefier.

stage3s website doesn’t show the coil overs misaligned like mine.

Ford F-150 Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different". image

Ford F-150 Called Fox again, new 2.0 kit engineering is done, manufacturing next. "Vastly different". image

Sponsored

Last edited:

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost

Hanger51

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 raptor
Occupation
Construction
Are the shocks supposed to be offcentered? This is my third suspension install and I have never seen anything like this. Seems like the springs energy is going to blow out the shock. It should be all vertically aligned otherwise the lateral forces seem like it’s going to destroy the shock…maybe under weight it corrects?

and The tops are angled as well. Is this to help alignment?

Also, the factory shocks/springs seems like a better built system vs this fox. The factor has protective covers over the chrome tube, and the springs are much beefier.

stage3s website doesn’t show the coil overs misaligned like mine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Is there a left and a right ? Hardware on the fox looks cheap compared to your factory mounts..looks like they will rust easily

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
Is there a left and a right ? Hardware on the fox looks cheap compared to your factory mounts..looks like they will rust easily
no left/right as both shocks are the same part number.

Agreed. This is a cheap set of shocks. I was expecting MUCH better build quality. Hardware is something you would get at lowes, and overall just eeks of someone looking at pennys instead of putting together a quality suspension kit.

compared To the Old Man Emu setup I put on my 4runner, this seems like a Chinese knockoff suspension.

maybe I’m being too harsh.

Last edited:

Hanger51

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 raptor
Occupation
Construction

Agreed. This is a cheap set of shocks. I was expecting MUCH better build quality. Hardware is something you would get at lowes, and overall just eeks of someone looking at pennys instead of putting together a quality suspension kit.

compared To the Old Man Emu setup I put on my 4runner, this folike a Chinese knockoff suspension.
Interesting that the bottom mount is that much different hopefully its better in some way

Sponsored

Hanger51

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 raptor
Occupation
Construction

compared To the Old Man Emu setup I put on my 4runner, this seems like a Chinese knockoff suspension.

maybe I’m being too harsh.
Did u get them installed?

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
Did u get them installed?
yeah, I said to hell with it, yolo. Plus if they fail after following their instructions, I should get new shocks, and paid for damage to the truck.

truck is sitting at the dealer waiting for it’s 5k service, a recall, and a full alignment. I removed the lower control arms to swap out the coil overs, so it needs and alignment BAD.

Last edited:

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Mine were similar, but it seemed like when I torqued them down, they centered up. maybe it eyes my eyes playing tricks on me. I did the same thing, I couldn't get them out without pulling lower control arms. Scheduled for an alignment in the morning. Also it seems like one side sits a little higher than the other. Maybe the "high" side needs to settle more, not sure!

LT1_Hawk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Mine were similar, but it seemed like when I torqued them down, they centered up. maybe it eyes my eyes playing tricks on me. I did the same thing, I couldn't get them out without pulling lower control arms. Scheduled for an alignment in the morning. Also it seems like one side sits a little higher than the other. Maybe the "high" side needs to settle more, not sure!
I don’t remember which side, but one side of my truck sits about 1/16” higher than the other (front and back). Not noticeable to the eye, but the tape measure doesn’t lie.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
Taking my first road trip with these on. So far, they ride fine around town. An improvement from stock to limit body roll, but the rebound (maybe?) is set odd on these. After you stop the truck will slightly rock a few times times as the energy works it’s way through the truck, which is annoying. I don’t recall the truck doing that on the factory setup. Maybe they need more preload?

overall the kit is ok. Unsure as of right now if I would buy again.

Sponsored

LT1_Hawk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
After you stop the truck will slightly rock a few times times as the energy works it’s way through the truck, which is annoying. I don’t recall the truck doing that on the factory setup. Maybe they need more preload?
I found this interesting. I haven’t noticed this. Went for a drive this evening and paid extra attention. Mine does not do this. I did attempt to drive more aggressively and didn’t notice it. I had to drive like a jerk to get this to happen. Not saying that’s how you drive, just saying my experience. I really had to come to a quick stop to experience this. Forward, back, forward. Just once, and it was solid impact, not floaty. Wonder if they’re having QC issues? Did you do the rears as well? I did.

Carbon_21F-150

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Operator
I’m really pushing towards this level kit what u guys think is it worth the investment??

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
I’m really pushing towards this level kit what u guys think is it worth the investment??
The above comments on these being cheap is unwarranted, of course the hardware is something you could get at Lowe's, where else would you get it? Some emergency room operating tools are quite literally bought at Lowe's....Then the other issue, just as another user stated, no issues with that at all. So maybe a bad install. I have had zero issues with mine and am happy with it. I installed the rears myself (very simple) and had a dealer install the fronts and do the alignment. I would buy it again over the stock because I do enough offroad driving that they make a big enough difference in absorbing the bumps to justify it, especially at speeds. If i come across any issues I will report, but so far with over 3K on them they have been fantastic and an improvement over stock for my needs. However, if I did only pavement driving then I would invest in something else and stick with the stock suspension

Last edited:

Tmack

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'00 F250 PSD, '22 F150 XLT Powerboost
In the FWIW column, I put the set on my '22 PowerBoost this past weekend. The rears were easy but the passenger front strut is really a difficult DYI project. There are lots of hybrid parts that are right above the mount area at the top of the strut and there is maybe an inch of space to work in. The farthest inboard nut was a real bear both removing and particularly installing. If you don't have the patience I would say take it to a shop.

I hadn't seen any comments on this so thought I would throw it out there. Took an hour to do the driver's side and 2.5 hours on the passenger side. Took a lot of digging to find the right tools to do the job and lots of blood on the knuckles. And forget about getting the right torque on the top strut nuts, I probably exceeded spec but better than the opposite.

I haven't gotten my alignment done yet but the ride quality improved to the point where it is now tolerable. I still have some rake and the lift in the front was a little over an inch. Time will tell on the quality question but I feel like it was a reasonable cost for a big improvement. Will see what the handling is like after the alignment.
Sponsored