First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
My truck has been at two Ford dealers who attempted to get Blue Cruise updates downloaded without success, one in Delray Beach for a month, with huge amounts of Ford tech support, and then two weeks at the Ford dealer in Melfa, Virginia, also with Ford tech support. It is also a Project One truck. This morning Ford initiated a buyback on my truck after I pointed out to customer service (online support) that it has spent six weeks in the shop in the past two months for this issue. It's a King Ranch PowerBoost with 9,000 miles, delivered May 26, 2021. My Lightning was built last week, so it will likely be a swap next month once the wheels churn through the buyback process. Ford really screwed the pooch on this one. Love the company's products, will still do business with them, have owned many, but ran out of patience on this - never got what I bought.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I have a 2022 Job 1 truck that came active with Bluecruise. I'm not getting the false watch the road alerts, I have to really go out of my way to get it to throw a warning. I wonder if the hardware is slightly different.
The one thing I didn't think about, is that I wear glasses so that might have something to do with me not getting alerts all the time, while on bluecruise. Driver alerts is turned on.

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
My truck has been at two Ford dealers who attempted to get Blue Cruise updates downloaded without success, one in Delray Beach for a month, with huge amounts of Ford tech support, and then two weeks at the Ford dealer in Melfa, Virginia, also with Ford tech support. It is also a Project One truck. This morning Ford initiated a buyback on my truck after I pointed out to customer service (online support) that it has spent six weeks in the shop in the past two months for this issue. It's a King Ranch PowerBoost with 9,000 miles, delivered May 26, 2021. My Lightning was built last week, so it will likely be a swap next month once the wheels churn through the buyback process. Ford really screwed the pooch on this one. Love the company's products, will still do business with them, have owned many, but ran out of patience on this - never got what I bought.
Wow. That is really frustrating. With my truck the OTA was failing because the software was reporting that my battery didn’t have enough charge required to perform the update, which wasn’t correct - the battery is fine. I can’t say for certain, but I believe Ford determined the false reporting of the battery charge to be a software bug. They also told me that it was easier to diagnose because I had joined their analytics program, which gave them more access to data off the truck. Not saying that would necessarily help in your situation.

My impression is that Ford is in a phase where they are still learning a lot about modern software. Remotely updating all these vehicles is no small feat and there aren’t a lot of software developers who have similar experience. Add that to a dealer network that isn’t very good with maintaining the hardware let alone knows much about software…

Sponsored

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
Wow. That is really frustrating. With my truck the OTA was failing because the software was reporting that my battery didn’t have enough charge required to perform the update, which wasn’t correct - the battery is fine. I can’t say for certain, but I believe Ford determined the false reporting of the battery charge to be a software bug. They also told me that it was easier to diagnose because I had joined their analytics program, which gave them more access to data off the truck. Not saying that would necessarily help in your situation.

My impression is that Ford is in a phase where they are still learning a lot about modern software. Remotely updating all these vehicles is no small feat and there aren’t a lot of software developers who have similar experience. Add that to a dealer network that isn’t very good with maintaining the hardware let alone knows much about software…
How do I join the Analytics program?
Thanks

OP
OP
YzermanTopShelf

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Need to disable driver alert. Should fix the keep the eyes on the road. Your picture shows it to be enabled .
Looked this up in the manual and I think Driver Alert is different than the "Watch the road" alerts that Blue Cruise will throw. Looks like Driver Alert is trying to detect if you are fatigued and uses a forward facing camera to track your position relative to lane markings. It doesn't appear to track whether or not you are watching the road.

Ford F-150 Upgrading to Blue Cruise & First Major Road Trip w/ Blue Cruise 1654620277570

Ford F-150 Upgrading to Blue Cruise & First Major Road Trip w/ Blue Cruise 1654620305942

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I have a job 1 truck that I received the over-the-air updates for blue cruise and was in their early access program. After having the system operational and having taken several recent highway trips, the bluecruise system is impressive. It reminds of the original autopilot 1 in my Tesla model S except it makes sure you are looking at the road and can truly go hands off. I expect Ford to keep making improvements to the system, but am amazed how far Ford has gone in a few years with their tech.

Gulfstream

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-1 F150 PowerBoost 7.2kw Lariat
You can turn off the ultra-annoying "watch the road!" alerts by disabling lane centering with the button on the steering wheel, BUT, obviously, there will also be no lane centering or "hands-free", but adaptative cruise will still work if you have it enabled. I find that alert to be so annoying that I regularly disable lane centering to get rid of it. I hope someday Ford will improve this product. If not. I will not renew bluecruise.

From the 2021 Ford F150 Owners Manual:

Lane Centering - Switching Lane Centering On and Off
SWITCHING LANE CENTERING ON AND OFF

Keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times.
The controls are on the steering wheel.
Ford F-150 Upgrading to Blue Cruise & First Major Road Trip w/ Blue Cruise 1654620305942
Press the button.
The indicator appears in the instrument cluster display. When the system is on, the color of the indicator changes to indicate the system status.

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
You can turn off the ultra-annoying "watch the road!" alerts by disabling lane centering with the button on the steering wheel, BUT, obviously, there will also be no lane centering or "hands-free", but adaptative cruise will still work if you have it enabled. I find that alert to be so annoying that I regularly disable lane centering to get rid of it. I hope someday Ford will improve this product. If not. I will not renew bluecruise.
The irony is that the repeated false alarm warnings to "watch the road" are distracting. Each warning with associated audible alert causes the driver to take eyes off the road to look at the display to see what the problem is. Ford needs to knock this nanny stuff off. If the truck is tracking the lane and no traffic is in front of the truck, there is no need to prompt the driver to watch the road. On the other hand if the sensors detected a potential conflict such a warning would be in order.

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I just wrapped up my 3,500k mile road trip and was able to use BlueCruise on many of the freeways. Overall it was impressive for a 1st cut at hands-free.

My only major complaint is that you cannot set it above 80 mph. I'm sure a lawyer or someone who has never been to a state with high-speed limits came up with that rule. In my road trip from Dallas to Montana there were many 80 mph speed limit freeways across multiple states (Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho for my trip).

To not be able to set my speed limit at anything over 80 mph to keep up with the flow of traffic was frustrating and dangerous. I had to turn Blue Cruise off many times to keep from getting run over. Ford needs to fix that.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I just wrapped up my 3,500k mile road trip and was able to use BlueCruise on many of the freeways. Overall it was impressive for a 1st cut at hands-free.

My only major complaint is that you cannot set it above 80 mph. I'm sure a lawyer or someone who has never been to a state with high-speed limits came up with that rule. In my road trip from Dallas to Montana there were many 80 mph speed limit freeways across multiple states (Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho for my trip).

To not be able to set my speed limit at anything over 80 mph to keep up with the flow of traffic was frustrating and dangerous. I had to turn Blue Cruise off many times to keep from getting run over. Ford needs to fix that.
About 30 to 40 miles of Toll Road 130 around Austin, TX speed limit is 85mph!

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
My BC was enabled this week. Used multiple times. The eyes nanny has got to go. I also suspect she is steering the truck. Constant rocking back and forth. BC needs to step up its game or revert back to lane centering.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
I use lane keeping in my 22 XLT allot. If u take ur hand off the wheel it triggers the warning to put hands on the wheel.
if Blu cruise is a no hands function and lane keeping. Or laneec centering is a hands on protocol. U might be mixing two different systems.
I don’t have Blu cruise so I don’t know what it’s trying to do for lane centering/ keeping on its own.
I’m curious if they are all three independent OS and play together but have discrete responses to driver input.
Sponsored