First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I just confirmed. I searched for nancy Sinatra and played boots are made for walking. As soon as it popped up on the screen everything went black on the cluster and it rotated through the start up screen. lots of beeping and flashing. Warning popped up on Ford Pass that supplemental restraint fault.

I was safely parked in the driveway.
Whooaa, good to know, guess these trucks are not a fan of hers. Lol

Wonder if that will be an over the air fix?

OP
OP
snoshuu

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Whooaa, good to know, guess these trucks are not a fan of hers. Lol

Wonder if that will be an over the air fix?
According to my dealership;
"Cannot be done over OTA"
"OTAs are only for navigation and other Sync 4 functionality"

Only took 15 minutes.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
According to my dealership;
"Cannot be done over OTA"
"OTAs are only for navigation and other Sync 4 functionality"

Only took 15 minutes.
I guess they still have to send out a recall notice?

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
After all the hype of OTA updates and many reports on the 21 f150 and mach e this is disappointing that either the OTA process is not yet complete or this is one of modules not in the 50 or 60 connected.

"In fact, nearly every single module in the vehicle - and there are between 50 and 60 of them depending on the specification - can be updated with no physical contact. "

https://www.motor1.com/news/458062/2021-ford-f-150-ota-updates/

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I guess they still have to send out a recall notice?
I received my notice in the mail yesterday.

Funny thing is I can’t get my cluster to reset no matter how I try. Looking up Nancy Sinatra, searching for Nancy Street or receiving a text with “nan” does nothing. ?‍♂

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I received my notice in the mail yesterday.

Funny thing is I can’t get my cluster to reset no matter how I try. Looking up Nancy Sinatra, searching for Nancy Street or receiving a text with “nan” does nothing. ?‍♂
Mine didn’t do it when I looked up nancy street In navigation. I used pandora through CarPlay. On the My View option on the cluster I have radio station/what’s playing. Once Nancy came up on that it was lights flashing.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I am no longer second guessing my choice to not get the co-pilot self driving upgrade.

Boston

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
So I’m in the process of purchasing a vehicle and the check engine light came on after applying this update. The dealer is now changing the entire instrument panel cluster as recommended by a Ford service advisor to eliminate any chasing. Has anyone had this done?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
So I’m in the process of purchasing a vehicle and the check engine light came on after applying this update. The dealer is now changing the entire instrument panel cluster as recommended by a Ford service advisor to eliminate any chasing. Has anyone had this done?
That's nuts. I took mine in today for the recall and now my driver's side auto window is not working. I was at the stealership for 3 hours in they threw in the towel.

They now have to contact Ford to figure out next steps. Wtf?

Sponsored

Boston

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
That's nuts. I took mine in today for the recall and now my driver's side auto window is not working. I was at the stealership for 3 hours in they threw in the towel.

They now have to contact Ford to figure out next steps. Wtf?
Exactly my thoughts, they upgraded the module as the FSA mentioned and they couldn’t get the check engine light to reset so that’s when they contacted Ford directly. They mentioned a new cluster from the factory wouldn’t need any updates to it. Myself I’m thinking this might be a benefit of getting a brand new unit that is fixed from the factory other then field updates. Could this be a benefit after the initial headache is my train of thought?

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I have a new recall notice in my FordPass app. They are calling it 21B08. Heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module (ITRM) reflash.

Boston

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
I have a new recall notice in my FordPass app. They are calling it 21B08. Heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module (ITRM) reflash.
im hoping since I haven’t picked up my truck that they already completed that reprogramming. They did call yesterday telling me replacing the cluster took care of the check engine light following theIPC module reprogramming.

However they found a scratch while cleaning it so now they need to send it out to get fixed, as they don’t want to just touch up paint it.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I have that SAME issue. If it sits for longer than an hour, all my settings for the dash are reset, and I can't resume the drive mode.
I have this same issue with the gauges resetting and my Truck has a May build date, software is up to date according to the system. Did anyone find a permanent solution?
Sponsored