Sponsored

Anyone installed the new Readylift 2" level kit specifically for 2021 F-150?

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
ReadyLift for the 2021 is this :

2.0" Leveling Kit - Ford F-150 2021
$229.95
SKU 66-2120

Here's how you can get it (because it's out of stock @readylift.com) - Go to their parent company, WheelPros ( https://www.wheelpros.com/dealers/ ) who claims to have PLENTY. You can't buy from them unless you're a dealer or register to be one - so simply go to their dealers page, and pick one.

The Discount Tire store right by me is a dealer and sold me one at $229.95... they don't install them on, but happily helped me out by getting one - and have recommendations to where I can get it done (which wouldn't be hard anyways).

There ya go!

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you do NOT use the older leveling kits on your 2021's.. esp the powerboosts. Get the right kit.
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist

$229.95
SKU 66-2120

Here's how you can get it (because it's out of stock @readylift.com) - Go to their parent company, WheelPros ( https://www.wheelpros.com/dealers/ ) who claims to have PLENTY. You can't buy from them unless you're a dealer or register to be one - so simply go to their dealers page, and pick one.

The Discount Tire store right by me is a dealer and sold me one at $229.95... they don't install them on, but happily helped me out by getting one - and have recommendations to where I can get it done (which wouldn't be hard anyways).

There ya go!

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you do NOT use the older leveling kits on your 2021's.. esp the powerboosts. Get the right kit.
What are you basing your recommendation on?

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer

$229.95
SKU 66-2120

There ya go!

New to leveling. So how much would it cost to level at a shop? Parts and labor.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
New to leveling. So how much would it cost to level at a shop? Parts and labor.
I haven't done mine yet, about to, but you should expect to pay 200-250 for having it done. So between ~$400-$500 total.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
What are you basing your recommendation on?
If you're asking what brand should be used - I'm not advocating one brand over an other. But this thread is about ReadyLift, and it's what I chose.

If you're asking why I stress that you MUST use the 2021 kit and not the 2015-2020 kit, it's because I've read all over the place where the kit can be bad based on what engine/setup you have, esp. the powerboost. If you read enough, you'll find it on the forums. Also, the readylift people (whom I called) highly stress you can't/shouldn't use the old kit - and to get the correct one. Being that they're available, and likely the smartest/safest option, why wouldn't you?

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If you're asking what brand should be used - I'm not advocating one brand over an other. But this thread is about ReadyLift, and it's what I chose.

If you're asking why I stress that you MUST use the 2021 kit and not the 2015-2020 kit, it's because I've read all over the place where the kit can be bad based on what engine/setup you have, esp. the powerboost. If you read enough, you'll find it on the forums. Also, the readylift people (whom I called) highly stress you can't/shouldn't use the old kit - and to get the correct one. Being that they're available, and likely the smartest/safest option, why wouldn't you?
Ive read that leveling kits don’t matter based on engine you have, but more on the driver train and packages you have (2wd or 4, FX4 or not, etc). Not sure what’s different about the power boost that means a special kit would be required for spacing the struts. Interestingly enough, ready lift had no problem green lighting installation of the 2.25 kit on my 21’ because they were all out of the 2.0. Seems like no one can explain specifically why the 2.0 is acceptable and the 2.25 isn’t when multiple people have definitely shown they are compatible, other than a vague recommendation by readylift. I’m genuinely curious why readylift won’t specifically say why or what’s different.

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The higher trim levels have a sensor that is in the way, i was told by my dealer. My xlt is not affected.. , don't know much more then that

johnday

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150 xlt/fx4/sport 2004 Ranger edge SC
Occupation
retired
The higher trim levels have a sensor that is in the way, i was told by my dealer. My xlt is not affected.. , don't know much more then that
They do. From what I understand, unless you change the UCA, there shouldn't be a problem. There is some talk about an aftermarket bracket for that sensor as well. I'll see what I can find.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
I’m genuinely curious why readylift won’t specifically say why or what’s different.
It's all weird, no doubt. But my post a few above this shows whom their parent company is - and they have TONS of kits available - despite the fact readylift themselves do not (seems weird/stupid). Being that you can easily get the correct kit from a WheelPros (parent) dealer near you - I would just avoid the 2015-2020 kit and go right to the 'correct' one.

johnday

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
If anyone is interested, look up "Continuously Controlled Damping", the links I tried to post wouldn't work.

Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Has anyone installed the “new” 2” level on a Lariat 502A? Does this level hurt the sensors y’all are referring to?

OP
OP
Krock7360

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
I’m wonder if the 2.25” is really THAT different. I’ve already seen multiple 2021’s claim to have installed the older 2020 RL 2.25” kit which according to readylift, does not fit. Waiting for someone to answer OPs question and post pictures.
I had my 2 inch (new kit) installed yesterday. The tech said the cam bolts/plates make the alignment very easy and that the kit was awesome. It rides great too !

OP
OP
Krock7360

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Has anyone installed the “new” 2” level on a Lariat 502A? Does this level hurt the sensors y’all are referring to?
Nephew has new lariat with that kit, no issues all good

OP
OP
Krock7360

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
What is Ready Lift saying is different? I think they're the ones that say one of their level kits wouldn't work on '20 down FX4's. I've installed enough to know better.
21’s are different height. Cam bolts added

johnday

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
21’s are different height. Cam bolts added
Just read the Ready Lift installation PDF. I've never used a RL level before, using the cambolts is certainly different. I know the Fox coilovers I've seen used don't have the cambolts. Just gonna keep an eye out and see what the other suppliers do.
Sponsored