First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self
I had this happen to me as I was leaving first thing in the morning this past Saturday with my 9 year old to his hockey. I thought every window in the vehicle had exploded. My son jumper out of the vehicle and was very startled. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Me too.. How did you solve the problem?
Sponsored

twiley

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SuperCrew Tremor
This just happened to me today on 2022 F150 SuperCrew Tremor w/B&O (1,600 miles).

• Happened in both Run and Accessory
  • Started ~3 sec after start, would not stop until I turned off car and opened door (and then ~3 sec until noise stopped)
  • Turning radio power and touchscreen off had no effect
  • Turning off all phones with Bluetooth connections had no effect.
After waiting ~10 min with power off, the sound did not return and could drive home without permanent hearing loss.

***I believe that I saw a pop-up message on the touchscreen the first time it started...I don't remember if it was about sending data to Ford or if an over-air update had just been performed. Had an issue about a month ago with a similar pop-up but that time there was no noise, just the touchscreen stayed dark for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm glad I didn't have my 5-year old in the truck with me. She would have been traumatized (and probably lost some hearing) if she had been there.

Tremor.Rex

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor; 2014 Ford Fusion
Just happened to me, I opened the door hadn't started the car or pressed anything yet. Took about 10 minutes of turning the truck off waiting then turning it back on.
I'll report back if it happens again, but hope it's a one time thing like others said
2021 f150 tremor 402a

OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Just happened to me, I opened the door hadn't started the car or pressed anything yet. Took about 10 minutes of turning the truck off waiting then turning it back on.
I'll report back if it happens again, but hope it's a one time thing like others said
2021 f150 tremor 402a
B&O Unleashed?

Sponsored

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 platinum powerboost, 2019 Ford edge
This same thing happened to me, loud pop, followed by the loudest static in the world. Volume knob was stuck at 0 and clicking the power for the stereo did nothing. Turning the truck off, opening and closing the driver door stopped the noise. But starting the truck again immediately started it again. I thought it might be connected to my phone because it happened around the same time android auto connects so I restarted my phone and that seems to have fixed it. Booked service for this Friday. 2022 powerboost platinum with the b&o sound system. Ears are still ringing as I write this. I'm scared to drive it anywhere at this point because of how jarring it is. Ford absolutely needs to look into this. Sounds to me like it's an issue with the upgraded sound system, and may or may not be related to Android auto and Apple car play

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I plan on putting some ear plugs In the media bin if this happens and driving directly to nearest dealership.

OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
This same thing happened to me, loud pop, followed by the loudest static in the world. Volume knob was stuck at 0 and clicking the power for the stereo did nothing. Turning the truck off, opening and closing the driver door stopped the noise. But starting the truck again immediately started it again. I thought it might be connected to my phone because it happened around the same time android auto connects so I restarted my phone and that seems to have fixed it. Booked service for this Friday. 2022 powerboost platinum with the b&o sound system. Ears are still ringing as I write this. I'm scared to drive it anywhere at this point because of how jarring it is. Ford absolutely needs to look into this. Sounds to me like it's an issue with the upgraded sound system, and may or may not be related to Android auto and Apple car play
Let us know what the dealer discovers. It hasn’t happened to me again, I figured I’d just wait to take in for that when my master window switch that is broken (no windows work) shows up that is on indefinite back order. :cautious:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there. This noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

tbyrd2104

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
This same thing happened to me today. Ridiculous. Truck has 2500 miles. 2022 King ranch. Video doesn’t do the noise justice.

Attachments

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I hope this never happens to me when my 7 months old is in the truck. Some areas around me do not have convenient spots to pull over quickly and safely to turn the truck off.

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Glad I checked in. I've had the same thing happen. Twice with the loud screech, and once with the radio just dead. The most recent event was a dead radio. Spent 20 minutes in HD and when I came out everything was back to normal.

2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Glad I checked in. I've had the same thing happen. Twice with the loud screech, and once with the radio just dead. The most recent event was a dead radio. Spent 20 minutes in HD and when I came out everything was back to normal.

2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with you VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.