Sponsored

CKen87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Range Rover, Lincoln Aviator
From what Granger posted, they're only closing the order banks for custom orders. Retail orders will still be processed for dealers as normal.

Ford likely hasn't told us (the customers) anything because if you have an order in already, it doesn't affect you. Anyone heading to their local dealer to order a truck will have to get retail priority instead of having a custom order placed going forward.
Speculation or confirmed?
Sponsored

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
Speculation or confirmed?
True, but terms slightly confused by that post.
Retail Order = Custom Order
Stock order = Dealer stock orders for the car lot.

Per the other post that has the document announcing the end of Retail orders on the 13th. Stock orders can still be made after, but no more retail.

CKen87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
True, but terms slightly confused by that post.
Retail Order = Custom Order
Stock order = Dealer stock orders for the car lot.

Per the other post that has the document announcing the end of Retail orders on the 13th. Stock orders can still be made after, but no more retail.
Yea I just had my deposit refunded from my dealer. Apparently I’ve been waiting on an allocation they never had. Cheers to wasting a year.

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Yea I just had my deposit refunded from my dealer. Apparently I’ve been waiting on an allocation they never had. Cheers to wasting a year.
It is also my understanding from reading other ford information, that the dealers are very limited on the options they can order. So the odds of finding a well optioned truck are very limited.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I am not sure what your dealer‘s game was but Ford has been giving Retail orders additional allotments all year.

Retail orders don’t come out of their stock allotments. They also can use their stock allotments to fill retail orders if they choose to.

Something is off with your dealer experience.

Sponsored

CKen87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am not sure what your dealer‘s game was but Ford has been giving Retail orders additional allotments all year.

Retail orders don’t come out of their stock allotments. They also can use their stock allotments to fill retail orders if they choose to.

Something is off with your dealer experience.
I agree. I initially ordered in November (he messed up and ordered a 21’ even though the window was closed for those). I didn’t know this until he received his allocations until January. Reordered as a 22, said he had another spot for another allocation, took a deposit, waited. Confirmed with ford on 2/19….crickets. No scheduled build, nothing, almost 3 months later. Typically people had been receiving some scheduling about 45-60 days after confirmation, although the delivery date would be approx 4-6 months. They could never answer to why I’m being held up in the que. ford said to contact my dealer, they said to contact ford. I think they took a deposit on an allocation they were trying to get. Don’t ever use Everett Ford in Benton, AR. To be 6 months down the road and I scheduling done, something was off. They were going to sell it to me for MSRP which sucks, but I’ve had this same thing happen to me twice now. A year later and I’m at square one. I’ve got a bead on a couple for slightly over MSRP but not too bad. I’ll be going that route most likely.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I agree. I initially ordered in November (he messed up and ordered a 21’ even though the window was closed for those). I didn’t know this until he received his allocations until January. Reordered as a 22, said he had another spot for another allocation, took a deposit, waited. Confirmed with ford on 2/19….crickets. No scheduled build, nothing, almost 3 months later. Typically people had been receiving some scheduling about 45-60 days after confirmation, although the delivery date would be approx 4-6 months. They could never answer to why I’m being held up in the que. ford said to contact my dealer, they said to contact ford. I think they took a deposit on an allocation they were trying to get. Don’t ever use Everett Ford in Benton, AR. To be 6 months down the road and I scheduling done, something was off. They were going to sell it to me for MSRP which sucks, but I’ve had this same thing happen to me twice now. A year later and I’m at square one. I’ve got a bead on a couple for slightly over MSRP but not too bad. I’ll be going that route most likely.
Was this a Raptor?

If so those order rules do usually need an allotment. It still sucks that they told you they had an allotment to build it but they didn’t.

Across the board it seems dealers just weren’t prepared to process all the custom orders and communicate with their customers from start to finish.

CKen87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was this a Raptor?

If so those order rules do usually need an allotment. It still sucks that they told you they had an allotment to build it but they didn’t.

Across the board it seems dealers just weren’t prepared to process all the custom orders and communicate with their customers from start to finish.
I agree. They dropped the ball from the beginning of the process. As well as the dealer in Texas last summer. Bad Ford for keeping there window opened for too long and not being able to fulfill orders as ordered.

Vistr321

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX Stealth Edition
I gave up, found a used 21 King Ranch (601A) with 18,000 miles. Cancelled the order that I’d been waiting since November 2021. Had everything I wanted in my Lariat, and then some. Good luck to everyone!

CKen87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
question: how are you guys showing or finding out your actual planned delivery date? I was able to key in on a Raptor that’s currently in production (original order date of 10/11/21 from the dealer). Dealer says it’s expected at end of June. It’s not showing anything other than in production on ford website. Hoping it isn’t watered down and shows up reflecting the sticker Options. TIA.

Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I have been waiting on my XLT since 10/29, found a Lariat 150 miles away. If I do not get a build date tomorrow I will be putting a deposit to hold the Lariat until I can pick it up on Monday. I am tired of seeing trucks on dealer lots with what I ordered, and my order seems to be stuck in someone’s file cabinet.

ShadowFox

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
USAF
Today’s the daaaay!

Ford F-150 ⏱ 2022 F-150 Scheduling Next Week (5/9) For Build Week 5/23 B1956323-4F3F-4265-99CA-B56B5CD14163

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
It's like waking up on Christmas morning... hopefully