Sponsored

Limited Vs Platinum

Imtheweezel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I was playing with the early build configurator at ford.com and noticed that the fully loaded platinum is still cheaper than the limited with same options. What are you getting with the limited that you can’t get with the platinum to explain the difference in price?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
One major difference (at least I think this is correct) is the driveline itself for a 4x4 version of both. Only the Limited comes equipped on a 4x4 with two-speed AWD and mechanical-locking 4WD. Meaning it has a true all-wheel drive mode for street use putting the power through all four wheels with typical distribution based on traction, etc. Pretty sure this is the same, or very nearly the same setup offered in the Raptor.

The Platinum, King Ranch and Lariat (302A) offer the 4A drive mode but I think its still meant for off-road use only.

Of course...... I could be completely wrong here! ?

Ford F-150 Limited Vs Platinum Limited 900A drivetrai

Ford F-150 Limited Vs Platinum Platinum 701A drivetrai

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
In 2019 and 2020, you were getting the HO 3.5L motor in the Limited vs. the regular 3.5L in the Platinum, but with the introduction of Powerboost, there is no longer a motor difference in the trucks. I would imagine in 2022 the Limited will move to the new Raptor Powerboost HO motor.

Otherwise, there is not a ton of difference other than appearance packages inside and out and the previously mentioned difference in 4-wheel drive systems. The Limited cannot pull or haul as much weight as a Platinum. The way I look at it, the KR and the Platinum are for upscale folks who want a 4x4 rig. The Limited is more for boulevard cruising and snowy roads winter roads.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Limited has upgraded interior. It’s quilted leather and has carbon fiber accents in a lot of places too. Larger 22” rims as well.
If they offered it with a 5.0 I would have bought the Limited. I loved my 2011.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Would be really helpful if someone knows for sure that the 2021 Limited gets a "unique" drivetrain for the 4x4 based on the Raptor's slick AWD/4WD capabilities and hardware. There are good articles to read about the Raptor's drivetrain.

Sponsored

nikonmansocal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I was playing with the early build configurator at ford.com and noticed that the fully loaded platinum is still cheaper than the limited with same options. What are you getting with the limited that you can’t get with the platinum to explain the difference in price?

Thanks for your help!
Limited = Weird blue interior... What gives with Ford's obsession with single choice Limited trim interiors? 2019/20's were limited (pun intended) to 'camelback' brown...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Limited = Weird blue interior... What gives with Ford's obsession with single choice Limited trim interiors? 2019/20's were limited (pun intended) to 'camelback' brown...
I agree with you on that, not a fan of those color choices. I can understand it more with the KR for it is the western version paying tribute to the Texas King Ranch. I just happen to really like those colors, so worked out OK for me.

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
I agree with you on that, not a fan of those color choices. I can understand it more with the KR for it is the western version paying tribute to the Texas King Ranch. I just happen to really like those colors, so worked out OK for me.
agreed again.. only reason i won't get a limited is b/c of the interior color limitation. so, i get a loaded platinum which is pretty much the same thing.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
That was the same conclusion I came to, not really any functional differences between the Limited and Platinum, just the interior.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
That was the same conclusion I came to, not really any functional differences between the Limited and Platinum, just the interior.
According to the rep on my test drive of the Limited during the drive event at Five Star Ford, the Limited can only be configured to tow about 7000 lbs because you can’t order the max tow package with it. The suspension is set up for ride comfort in the same way the Lincoln truck use to be.

Sponsored

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
According to the rep on my test drive of the Limited during the drive event at Five Star Ford, the Limited can only be configured to tow about 7000 lbs because you can’t order the max tow package with it. The suspension is set up for ride comfort in the same way the Lincoln truck use to be.
I also noticed you can only get the small bed. I think we will be happy with the Platinum.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
We are having the same problem with the First Edition Bronco, only choice for seats is Navy Blue Leather.
Sponsored