3 Weeks of Ownership mini Review

Why1504

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
On 4 April I took delivery of my new Platinum PowerBoost. My truck is loaded out. Lay flat seats, 7.2kw generator, 4wd, pro trailer, work surface, etc… I had several mods done to the truck prior to delivery. Spray in bed liner, Bakflip Tonneau cover, rear wheelwell liners, leveling kit and tire swap to Michelin LTX tires.

some of these I was unsure about when I made this commitment but here is my assessment:

I am very happy with all of the mods. The truck looks like a truck. i love the look of the leveling kit and for a platinum, the LTX tires (with the level kit) to look like a truck from 10-12 years ago. The ride is stiff the way a truck is supposed to ride the tires are super quiet Yet stick like glue. The truck handling vey predictable . I strongly recommend these tires.

I have zero drivetrain noise unless I hammer the gas and these it sounds fast. with the gas pedal on the floor the beast comes out. In around town I love how seamless the hybrid system works. I knew when I bought this that is was unlikely the $2500 option would ever pay for itself in fuel savings. At just over 900 miles on the odometer, the in car fuel mileage calculator is showing between 19.2 and 20.0 mpg. I am burning 93 octane as the price difference at my local Costco is 25 cents per gallon and I know my fuel milage is up at least 1-2 miles.

Ford’s Blue Cruise is amazing. This is something I really didn’t want. However I have used in on a 35 mile interstate ride. At the same time I hate how the truck wants me to fight the steering wheel on non blue cruise roads. This drives me nuts. To the point that I don’t use cruise unless unless I am on a blue cruise highway.

i Give the truck an A in review.
Sponsored

Joe_Lee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB FX4
Thanks for the review. I am on the fence about trading my 2022 F350 diesel tremor. My platinum PB 4x4 is due to the dealership this week so I have to make a decision.

Any pictures?

What leveling kit?

I appreciate your insights.

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
On 4 April I took delivery of my new Platinum PowerBoost. My truck is loaded out. Lay flat seats, 7.2kw generator, 4wd, pro trailer, work surface, etc… I had several mods done to the truck prior to delivery. Spray in bed liner, Bakflip Tonneau cover, rear wheelwell liners, leveling kit and tire swap to Michelin LTX tires.

some of these I was unsure about when I made this commitment but here is my assessment:

I am very happy with all of the mods. The truck looks like a truck. i love the look of the leveling kit and for a platinum, the LTX tires (with the level kit) to look like a truck from 10-12 years ago. The ride is stiff the way a truck is supposed to ride the tires are super quiet Yet stick like glue. The truck handling vey predictable . I strongly recommend these tires.

I have zero drivetrain noise unless I hammer the gas and these it sounds fast. with the gas pedal on the floor the beast comes out. In around town I love how seamless the hybrid system works. I knew when I bought this that is was unlikely the $2500 option would ever pay for itself in fuel savings. At just over 900 miles on the odometer, the in car fuel mileage calculator is showing between 19.2 and 20.0 mpg. I am burning 93 octane as the price difference at my local Costco is 25 cents per gallon and I know my fuel milage is up at least 1-2 miles.

Ford’s Blue Cruise is amazing. This is something I really didn’t want. However I have used in on a 35 mile interstate ride. At the same time I hate how the truck wants me to fight the steering wheel on non blue cruise roads. This drives me nuts. To the point that I don’t use cruise unless unless I am on a blue cruise highway.

i Give the truck an A in review.
give us some pics!!
Sponsored