5.0 Dyno Results With intake and catback exhaust

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Thats the thing, going +37HP on a tune only for a NA V8 is impossible, UNLESS your baseline is an 87 octane (or below) and tune is for 93 octane. Most of the gains attributed to higher octane.
Im curious to see same octane gas used before and after that tune.
My experience , tune on a NA engine +10hp.

Then again, what do i know :)

Another possibility is to bore out the engine (we are not talking about that here).
No disagreement from me in that regard, Supercharger will force you into a 93 as well though.

I’m patiently waiting to see if Ford Performance releases a Supercharger, the warranty peace of mind would be nice.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Thats the thing, going +37HP on a tune only for a NA V8 is impossible, UNLESS your baseline is an 87 octane (or below) and tune is for 93 octane. Most of the gains attributed to higher octane.
Im curious to see same octane gas used before and after that tune.
My experience , tune on a NA engine +10hp.

Then again, what do i know :)

Another possibility is to bore out the engine (we are not talking about that here).
I would disagree on the 37hp is not possible. The truck version is tuned down from the mustang version of the coyote.

The mustang coyote is what 460..470 hp?
I would bet that 37 claim is very doable.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0 (302A HIGH+ BLACK PACK)
Confirmed , as suspected.
Pulled comments off of their youtube video. :)
Not sure why not just take a trip to a gas station and use same gas for testing the tune. Marketing gimmick. 87 vs 87 OR 93 vs 93.

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering

7 months ago
We do plan on working on the e85 aspect soon. We baselined it with 87 just due to time and people wanting results, but we used the highest baseline vs the lowest tune result runs to give as real world of results as possible.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So realistically, imho a tune (10-12hp) and cat-back (3-5hp) ~$2500 for 15HP
Meh... add another $5-6K and have your Whipple FUN. +300HP
No way you wont be noticing that . LOL

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I would disagree on the 37hp is not possible. The truck version is tuned down from the mustang version of the coyote.

The mustang coyote is what 460..470 hp?
I would bet that 37 claim is very doable.
He makes a good point.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Always dyno in cool weather

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Confirmed , as suspected.
Pulled comments off of their youtube video. :)
Not sure why not just take a trip to a gas station and use same gas for testing the tune. Marketing gimmick. 87 vs 87 OR 93 vs 93.

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering
7 months ago
We do plan on working on the e85 aspect soon. We baselined it with 87 just due to time and people wanting results, but we used the highest baseline vs the lowest tune result runs to give as real world of results as possible.
They got almost 440hp with their tune and The ford posted 400hp stock is with 93 octane.

Not sure what your point is.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They got almost 440hp with their tune and The ford posted 400hp stock is with 93 octane.

Not sure what your point is.
lacking of consistency , is my point
base run on one octane, then switched to a higher octane gasoline. hmmm i wonder why.
then why not do a base line on an 93 and then tune on an 87? Because obviously an 87 results will be crappier.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
He makes a good point.
Does he? That 460 number is at the crank, not wheel.

My 2018 coyote makes ~410 hp at the rear wheels, with a claimed 460 at the crank.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
lacking of consistency , is my point
base run on one octane, then switched to a higher octane gasoline. hmmm i wonder why.
then why not do a base line on an 93 and then tune on an 87? Because obviously an 87 results will be crappier.
Um, you are missing the point. The engine is rated at 400hp. That means 365 at the rear wheels if you are lucky, running 93.

The dyno is 440 at the rear wheels. That is impressive. Period.

Whinning about 87 or 93 octane is a waste of time. 93 will get a little more power.
Everyone knows that.

Their low octane tune is still over 400. Because the difference between 87 and 93 is not more than 40 hp, stock or with tune.

Sponsored

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Um, you are missing the point. The engine is rated at 400hp. That means 365 at the rear wheels if you are lucky, running 93.

The dyno is 440 at the rear wheels. That is impressive. Period.

Whinning about 87 or 93 octane is a waste of time. 93 will get a little more power.
Everyone knows that.

Their low octane tune is still over 400. Because the difference between 87 and 93 is not more than 40 hp, stock or with tune.
my point is they are fudging the numbers. lacking consistency, while not out right lying about the results.
the rest already been explained.
and yeah, make sure to grab one.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
my point is they are fudging the numbers. lacking consistency, while not out right lying about the results.
the rest already been explained.
and yeah, make sure to grab one.
And you are wrong.

Wheres your proof? You are making unfounded allegations against the top company in their field.

They have years of proof and happy customers. Many validated dyno runs by customers.

You have what?

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And you are wrong.

Wheres your proof? You are making unfounded allegations against the top company in their field.

They have years of proof and happy customers. Many validated dyno runs by customers.

You have what?
I have common sense, how about that.
When a company confirms themselves that they used different type gas in their test, i conclude that claimed results mean nothing (to say politely)

another use of common sense is - better claimed results (higher HP) = more sales (look at yourself ;) how you want it to be true. I hate to break it to you its not.

another use for common sense , not everyone will investigate and analyze their claims, as majority will accept whats printed in front of them , not bothering themselves with details.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
I don't want to get involved in fuel, (very) variable dyno configurations, correction factors and atmospheric environments. However, I don't see many people realising the main reason for different numbers out of mustangs compared to f-150s: there are mechanical differences, the most important of which is the camshafts.

For example, from https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/f-150-coyote-differences:

"The camshafts between the two are also different. The Mustang has long-duration intake cams while the F-150’s are substantially shorter. The earlier the intake closes the greater the cranking pressure, which is necessary for low-end torque."

edit to add: I would also posit that, NA or boosted, the best 0-60 times will come not from a particular tune, but from starting out with the highest ratio (lowest-geared) rear. All else being equal between two particular f-150s, a 3.73-equipped one will beat a 3.15 one hands down. Won't be as good at top speed, but unless you're drag racing, that's irrelevant :)

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have common sense, how about that.
When a company confirms themselves that they used different type gas in their test, i conclude that claimed results mean nothing (to say politely)

another use of common sense is - better claimed results (higher HP) = more sales (look at yourself ;) how you want it to be true. I hate to break it to you its not.

another use for common sense , not everyone will investigate and analyze their claims, as majority will accept whats printed in front of them , not bothering themselves with details.
Common sense?

Heres common sense. A company that is highly respected and a leader in their field does not get to that point by lying.

Common sense is providing proof of claims of deceipt..

You are making claims that a company is riping off people with zero facts.

I think you have no clue what common sense means.
Sponsored