First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
Where do I see what version I am on like 2.5.1? My Sync 4 software version is 20312_PRODUCT. Revision 243. I check for updates and it says it is up to date. Automatic Updates is now toggled on.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Where do I see what version I am on like 2.5.1? My Sync 4 software version is 20312_PRODUCT. Revision 243. I check for updates and it says it is up to date. Automatic Updates is now toggled on.
I don't know the exact correlation between OTA #'s and APIM/Sync versions.

But if you are at Sync version 20312, you got 3 more APIM updates to go. Whether you receive them OTA or through FDRS.

I doubt you are at the equivalent of 2.5.1
That would be considerably further along

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
So this is where I am at, picked it up today, updated at the dealer. But it did say bluecruise active when I tried it but the traffic and rain was so bad I gave up and headed back home when I tried it. It was never able to find the lines on the road and traffic was bumper to bumper. I will try next week.

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 20220422_194608

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So this is where I am at, picked it up today, updated at the dealer. But it did say bluecruise active when I tried it but the traffic and rain was so bad I gave up and headed back home when I tried it. It was never able to find the lines on the road and traffic was bumper to bumper. I will try next week.

20220422_194608.jpg
I would be surprised if you have Bluecruise active.

I think your next APIM update will get you to

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 20220422_195650

Then the next one, the one included in the Bluecruise package of updates that include APIM, CCM, IPMA, and I believe IPC or PSCM, will get you Bluecruise and cameras at speed

Which would be

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? 20220320_201702

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
I don't know the exact correlation between OTA #'s and APIM/Sync versions.

But if you are at Sync version 20312, you got 3 more APIM updates to go. Whether you receive them OTA or through FDRS.

I doubt you are at the equivalent of 2.5.1
That would be considerably further along
Thanks Snakebitten!
So the software versions 2.3.0, 2.5.1, etc. spoken about on here is what is seen through FDRS? or is that displayed when it says a software update is available? I just haven't seen any numbers like that anywhere.

Sponsored

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
It did say bluecruise active clear as day in the center of my tach when I turned it on but the real test will have to wait. My dealer has been very helpful and they have updated several trucks before mine. I did ask some questions and their mechanic that does these came out and answered my questions so fingers crossed it works next weekend for my trip.
But yes I still am skeptical..

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
The issue with a dealership estimating how many hours it will take to update a truck is that they couldn't possibly predict if/when FDRS is going to even make the consecutive updates available as they progress along.

Example: Let's say your truck is 3 APIM updates away from Bluecruise being enabled. The dealership is only going to have access to APIM update #1 in FDRS.

After successfully performing that update, the next update will NOT be available until all prerequisites for that next update has been met. If the tech is very knowledgeable and knows what order to update all the other modules that are part of the prerequisites, then he might be able to get FDRS to populate the second APIM update while he is still working on the truck. But it's far more likely he doesn't know exactly what the prerequisites are since they aren't documented and he sure as heck isn't going to log into this forum and digest the necessary information.

So, your truck might sit there for 2 days or 2 weeks. All the while the dealership is scratching their heads.

Also note that I have a brand new 4/11 built Powerboost that is still on the choochoo train heading for Texas dealership. I have already looked it up in FDRS and sure enough it has an update available. It's for the trailer control module.
I know what you might be thinking. :)
It's the TSB update? Afterall, it's brand spanking new truck.

Nope. It's an update, but NOT the recall/TSB update. That update hasn't been released yet.
However, countless folks have reported that they have received that update from their dealership. Not likely. :)
my dealer said they have done the recall update for the trailer brakes. I plan to tow soon but I expect it is not completed. They also failed on the Bluecruise update. How can I proceed. They say they are waiting on Ford to come out with a new update to get me past 21281 revision 244
please help me see how to proceed

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Snakebitten!
So the software versions 2.3.0, 2.5.1, etc. spoken about on here is what is seen through FDRS? or is that displayed when it says a software update is available? I just haven't seen any numbers like that anywhere.
You are very welcome.
I feel bad for you fellas getting your hopes up and dashed, up and dashed..... 🙄😬

If Ford gives your truck an update via OTA, you get notified in FordPass and Sync4 updates with those update numerical designations "2.3.0", "2.5.1".....

But it doesn't actually tell you what modules were updated, nor the software versions of those individual modules.

When you are using FDRS it is just the opposite. You see each module separately and the updates available for each module, and the current software version of each module. Unless someone has documentation or records to correlate the two views, they wouldn't know exactly.

What we (those using FDRS to update and enable Bluecruise, cameras at speed...) DO know is which version the applicable module's software must be at before Bluecruise will activate and function. And the APIM specifically is viewable from Sync4 by viewing the Sync4 version number on the screen.

By the way, just because your Sync4 version is the latest would not prove you have Bluecruise enabled because that APIM update is chained to 3 other modules being updated together. Although it's not likely anyone would halt the chained updates before they all completed, it is possible for one of the four updates to fail for whatever reason and Sync4 (APIM) would be up to date but another dependent module not be. That would prohibit Bluecruise from functioning.

Below is how you view ALL the modules of a truck in FDRS. You can see the software values of each module. You would need documentation to know that APIM is Sync 22034.

Ford F-150 Bluecruise OTA Status? Screenshot_20220421-221837_OneDrive

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A

20220422_194608.jpg
This is an annoying version to be stuck on. You get the blue cruise enabled message, but then when you try to engage lane centering it will tell you blue cruise unavailable. You are stuck with no BC and no lane centering.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This is an annoying version to be stuck on. You get the blue cruise enabled message, but then when you try to engage lane centering it will tell you blue cruise unavailable. You are stuck with no BC and no lane centering.
Does anyone know how to proceed when you are stuck on this stage ?? Dealer is clueless

Sponsored

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
Able to go drive some today after picking it up late yesterday. I was able to turn on automatic updates last night and today it was back off and I couldn't turn it back on. My lane centering was working before it went in and now it's not. Of course could get the BC working. Still waiting for ford to figure it out.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Able to go drive some today after picking it up late yesterday. I was able to turn on automatic updates last night and today it was back off and I couldn't turn it back on. My lane centering was working before it went in and now it's not. Of course could get the BC working. Still waiting for ford to figure it out.
what dealership has it ?
does anyone know of a good dealer with BC experience in the RDU area of North Carolina ?

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
what dealership has it ?
does anyone know of a good dealer with BC experience in the RDU area of North Carolina ?
It was Five Star Ford in Warner Robins, GA but they gave up.

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
Fwiw, updated mine yesterday, took good 8 hours, and it was up to date as of February. All apim updates popped up after each completed, no issues. Will test drive tomorrow.
Sponsored