2021-2022 F150 4WD Bilstein 6112 Front Suspension Kit 47-323841

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
Finally Bilstein has release the 6112 for 21+ F150

They have been added to the website and are available for purchase. They are on order from Bilstein and should be shipping by the end of the month.

2021-2022 F150 4WD Bilstein 6112 Front Suspension Kit 47-323841

Ford F-150 2021-2022 F150 4WD Bilstein 6112 Front Suspension Kit 47-323841 {filename}

F150 Bilstein 6112 Features:
  • Awesome off-road performance and great street ride quality
  • Feature adjustable ride height settings
  • Adds up to 2.5" of front leveling
  • Corrosion-resistant zinc-plated finish
  • Reuses factory upper coilover mount, bump stop, and hardware
  • Fits 4WD models only
Excellent Performance and Off-Road Handling with Adjustable Ride Heights
If your 2021-2022 F150 is destined for aggressive off-road adventures, then Bilstein has your back with their B8 6112 Front Coilover Assemblies. These powerful suspension upgrades give your F150 awesome off-road capability and can soak up violent impacts from rough terrain, all while maintaining good street ride quality. The Bilstein 6112 coilovers feature a large-diameter shock body and specially-designed coilover spring that both work together to give your F150 a huge improvement in handling and off-road performance all without breaking your bank. The 6112 coilover assemblies even feature adjustable ride height settings using snap ring system, allowing you to set your truck at 0", .5", 1", 1.5", 2", or 2.5" of front ride height to help you clear larger wheel and tire combinations while reducing your factory rake. The 6112 front suspension kit is a great choice for a truck destined for off-road applications on a budget.

60mm Shock Body with Digressive Valving and Bilstein Spring
The Bilstein 6112 Front Coilover Assemblies feature a durable construction with a piston and valving designed to handle aggressive applications. The coilovers are built around a 60mm diameter (2.36") shock body that has a much larger oil capacity than stock and features a zinc plated finish to help prevent corrosion. The shock assembly utilizes a gas-charged monotube internal design with a digressive piston with valving tuned specifically for your truck. The coilover assembly comes with a new Bilstein spring and billet spring seats that use a snap ring to fit into grooves on the shock body for ride height adjustments. The assembly reuses the factory upper coilover mount, bump stop, and hardware. The B8 6112 kit comes with installation and ride height adjustment instructions.

Fitment: 2021-2022 F150 4WD

4WD F150s Only: this version of the 6112 Suspension Kit only fits 4WD F150s and will not fit 2WD/RWD F150s.
Sponsored

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0 (302A HIGH+ BLACK PACK)
Today is a SUPER DAY!
First, ordered my Silver 5.0 XLT w/black package, before the huge price increase.
AND now this .... Bilstein 6112's announced and are 2.5" lift now. Wow !!!
I am a happy camper.
Looks like im fitting my 315/70/17 BFG KO2's after all. YEAH BABY!

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Idk maybe it’s just me but it looks like they just changed the height settings on the previous 15-20 versions since people running those at the 2 inch setting were getting 2.5 inches of lift. Curious if they actually made any hardware or valving changes to them, if not people were just waiting that long for them to change the height settings on their older version. Same goes for the 5100 kit, looks exactly the same except for the difference in markings on the height settings.

5.0menace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0 (302A HIGH+ BLACK PACK)
Idk maybe it’s just me but it looks like they just changed the height settings on the previous 15-20 versions since people running those at the 2 inch setting were getting 2.5 inches of lift. Curious if they actually made any hardware or valving changes to them, if not people were just waiting that long for them to change the height settings on their older version. Same goes for the 5100 kit, looks exactly the same except for the difference in markings on the height settings.
valid question. is there a bilstein rep on this site?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stage3Motorsports

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The new strut now has 6 height settings where the previous generation has 5. Im sure there are other changes made but I do not have that information. If it was just height differences every manufacturer would have had a 21+ product on the market months ago.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Idk maybe it’s just me but it looks like they just changed the height settings on the previous 15-20 versions since people running those at the 2 inch setting were getting 2.5 inches of lift.
This means the strut is located in a different place on the lower control arm vs 18-20, which results in a different motion ratio, which would need different damping. With that level of ride height difference for the same setting, its enough that it needed to be changed to be considered application specific. Being 10% off on your damping curve is a lot.

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
$770 for a pair of coil overs, dang. Are they not as good as fox’s or icons??

OP
OP
Stage3Motorsports

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is not a traditional coilover so not an apples to apples comparison. Everything listed has its own benefits so they can be look at as as good or better depending on what you are looking for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stage3Motorsports

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reactions: J-C

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
The new strut now has 6 height settings where the previous generation has 5. Im sure there are other changes made but I do not have that information. If it was just height differences every manufacturer would have had a 21+ product on the market months ago.
Right, because using the 15-20 height settings would get you about .5 inch more of lift than advertised therefore the 0 inch setting on the old models would actually give you .5 inches of lift so they just added one more setting .5 inches lower to give you a true 0 inches of lift making it have 6 settings now and the highest setting being 2.5 inches now vs 2 inches on the previous Gen models. That’s why I’m asking if they did indeed make any actual valving/dampening changes or just add an extra 6 setting and change all the height settings accordingly. Not sure if that makes sense or not but that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw these new 21+ kits roll out. Seem exactly like the old one with just the 6 lower setting added in case you want to run the stock height. I’m only asking because I’m rocking the previous Gen bilstein 5100 kit at the 2 inch setting and I got, you guessed it right, 2.5 inches of lift. I wanted to upgrade to the 21 specific 6112 kit when it came out but can’t find anywhere the changes in valving or dampening that bilstein did, so if all they did was reuse the previous Gen 6112 kit with new height settings I could have done that a long time ago with the 15-20 kit.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
This means the strut is located in a different place on the lower control arm vs 18-20, which results in a different motion ratio, which would need different damping. With that level of ride height difference for the same setting, its enough that it needed to be changed to be considered application specific. Being 10% off on your damping curve is a lot.
This is what I’m curious on, if they did in-fact change the valving/dampening to be application specific, or just change the height settings to be accurate to the new Gen and call it a day.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
This is what I’m curious on, if they did in-fact change the valving/dampening to be application specific, or just change the height settings to be accurate to the new Gen and call it a day.
Given my experience with Bilstein, I doubt they would not at least do some math to change the stack.

That's not to say the -2020 application would be "bad." I've run damping I know was slightly underdamped in performance applications and it was still lightyears ahead of anything untuned.

"Not as fancy" might be the way I'd put it. Still 2.5" monotube dampers valved to do some off-road, but steel bodied, no threaded adjustment, no machined upper mounts, and no spherical mounts.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@Stage3Motorsports have you heard anything about the ford performance kit for 2021+? I read that they are using bilstein this time, instead of fox2.0. Not sure if its a 6112 style or 8112.
Sponsored