Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto not working after latest Samsung update - Android 11 with One UI 3.0

jlpotter76

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Guess I'll start with what I saw alot of and say I'm glad I'm not alone. I couldn't connect wired or wirelessly. I saw the factory reset fixed the wired issue and that would have made me happy. I did the reset and it fixed it! Until tonight when I plugged in and bootloop...Not sure where to go from here because nothing seems to work permanently. Hopefully samsung/Google fix this soon, I miss my android auto! BTW, I have a 2021 XLT and note 20 ultra. If there are anymore suggestions, I'm all ears. I will try them when I finish work and get back to my truck.
Have you tried going into your Android Auto App Info, selecting Permissions and Denying "Location". As soon as denied location Android Auto wirelessly working with no issues. I still get the boot loop if I use the usb cable.

Attachments

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
Have you tried going into your Android Auto App Info, selecting Permissions and Denying "Location". As soon as denied location Android Auto wirelessly working with no issues. I still get the boot loop if I use the usb cable.
Nope, just went in and denied! I will try in the morning after work when I get to my truck! Thanks, I will post an update when I give it a shot, thank you for the response!

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Holding off the Android 11 update on my S10+ as long as I can... Hopefully they can get it figured out soon..

jlpotter76

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Holding off the Android 11 update on my S10+ as long as I can... Hopefully they can get it figured out soon..
Obviously my phone being a Pixel 5 a Google phone, I have had android 11 for a while now. Just when you think Android Auto is getting better.

Sponsored

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
I updated a few weeks before I got my truck. I wish I knew then the issues that came with it, I definitely would have held off...

Mac2457

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Utility worker
So after reseting my trucks system and Denying location I still got nothing. I uninstalled updates to android auto and still nothing. I got the circle of death as it tried to connect. When I updated Android auto as it was requesting permissions, when it got to location I denied it and it finally connected. Hopefully it continues to work until Google updates on their end! Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
I turned off my location for Android auto on my phone and it's working fine wirelessly now.

jlpotter76

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales Engineer
This worked perfectly for me as well. I wonder what the repercussions of denying the location permission for Android auto is exactly.
Well considering I bought my truck in Ohio and drove it back to Kansas City area with no gps/mapping issues, I am going to assume not much. ?

Sponsored

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
This worked perfectly for me as well. I wonder what the repercussions of denying the location permission for Android auto is exactly.
The phone location is still on so the maps and everything work still. Its most likely a software issue. But I'm happy to have my AA back.

TallBaldCypress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX4
Note 10 here... Same issues. Worked once or twice and then quit working wirelessly but worked OK wired. Then one day it quit working wired and would get stuck in a reboot cycle.

I followed the quote below and it fixed wireless android auto and now it works flawlessly. I haven't tested it with the USB cable to see if it still gets stuck in a reboot cycle.

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I was very frustrated and this is the latest good info out there on the internet. I've searched high and low for a solution.

Last edited:

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I updated a few weeks before I got my truck. I wish I knew then the issues that came with it, I definitely would have held off...
I updated to 11 a month or so ago, before the issue had surfaced. I'm not too worried, though. At the rate my truck (isn't) being built, Android 12 issues will be more relevant than Android 11 :ROFLMAO:

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! The problem / Fix has been found on reddit! HERE IS THE LINK TO THE POST!

Essentially, Chrome is causing the issue!
  1. Go into the play store on your phone and turn off auto updates.
  2. Then go to Chrome (in the play store) and click 'uninstall'. This will uninstall all of the updates to chrome (the last one broke Android Auto).
  3. And ... thats it. It works now. (wired at least)

Tried this on 2 different phones that were rebooting and they connect perfectly when plugged in.
Sponsored