Here We Go!

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F-150
I'm getting ready to buy my first new truck. I decided to take the Mustang Club route to get X-Plan pricing. I then used the X-Plan configurator to spec out the truck I want and shot that to two local dealerships to see what I get. I think I've picked one, but only after a little haggling as I believe the salesperson was trying to pull a fast one. I sent the build sheet that's attached and they replied with the first quote. I questioned their price being $800 above the configurator and the $800 doc fee (mentioning that X-Plan was supposed to be capped at $100). They then sent the second quote which has a bigger discount than the configurator. I'm in Charlotte, NC and this is the same dealership we went through to buy my wife's 2020 Explorer ST. What do you folks think?
Sponsored

Attachments

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
So a couple things I see.. Your x plan price is for a lease.. That acquisition fee on there is for a lease and the incentives are different for a lease.. The second quote they sent looks to be correct for x plan pricing..

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Sneaky little dealer. I’m glad you caught that and said something. That adjustment is a lot of money.

Does anyone know if this X-plan thing works in Canada? And if so, how to activate it because I have the type of dealer That will probably just say he doesn’t know what that is and won’t give me any kind of discount at all.

OP
OP

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F-150
So a couple things I see.. Your x plan price is for a lease.. That acquisition fee on there is for a lease and the incentives are different for a lease.. The second quote they sent looks to be correct for x plan pricing..
Yup...you're right. Apparently the X-plan configurator defaults to leasing. After switching that over to purchasing, the numbers are more in line.

Configurator spit out $66,440 which included a $1k Ford Credit bonus cash offer.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
What is the $314 non tax fee? Is that doc fees? Also subtract the acquisition fee. That’s some kind of charge on a lease.

Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Have Granger give you a price, then go to local dealers to match/beat, it's better than x plan!

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Does anyone know if this X-plan thing works in Canada? And if so, how to activate it
Yes, it’s available in Canada; I‘m using it to purchase my truck. If you have access to x-plan, you should also have instructions as to how to get your PIN. Your dealer will want the pin to offer you an x-plan quote.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Yes, it’s available in Canada; I‘m using it to purchase my truck. If you have access to x-plan, you should also have instructions as to how to get your PIN. Your dealer will want the pin to offer you an x-plan quote.
Thank you for that information. Did you join the mustang club for your x-plan?
Did it get you a much better deal and do you think it will make a difference if I’m leasing as opposed to buying the truck?

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Thank you for that information. Did you join the mustang club for your x-plan?
Did it get you a much better deal and do you think it will make a difference if I’m leasing as opposed to buying the truck?
I get x-plan through my employer, so I’m not sure about the alternative options for gaining access here in Canada. It saved me about $8k off MSRP for a loaded king ranch, so nothing special, and could probably be negotiated without the plan. Not sure about the savings if leasing, but I’d assume it to be similar.

The Ford employee pricing sale is better than x-plan and is available to everyone. For comparison, I purchased my 2015 Lariat for $17k below MSRP (after a bit of additional negotiating at a high volume dealer).
Sponsored