Sponsored

2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Question: Would X-Plan orders hold anything up on 2022 models? What about X-Plan pricing? Do dealers have access to these yet even though consumers do not? Thanks and I hope you feel better.
X-plan didn't hold anything up on my 2022. I did have a weird exchange with the dealership when I placed the order where the manager came over and made a big deal out of "accepting x-plan pricing". I just looked at him and stated that I could get it anywhere. I think what he was getting at is that they aren't accepting x-plan on vehicles that are on the lot although I'm really not sure that they have an option if you push?
Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
X-plan didn't hold anything up on my 2022. I did have a weird exchange with the dealership when I placed the order where the manager came over and made a big deal out of "accepting x-plan pricing". I just looked at him and stated that I could get it anywhere. I think what he was getting at is that they aren't accepting x-plan on vehicles that are on the lot although I'm really not sure that they have an option if you push?
When did you order it? Were they able to give you a build sheet with X-Plan pricing?

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
It's called "theatrics"... They don't have to accept X-plan but as you basically stated you can take your business elsewhere. I kind of had the same thing on my end even though I didn't use x-plan cause' my deal was better - "we're really leaving money on the table with you", etc.... Yea whatever! I can take my business elsewhere...

Last edited:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
When did you order it? Were they able to give you a build sheet with X-Plan pricing?
I ordered The truck in early November and picked it up a week ago. This dealer did not give me the build sheet with x plan pricing although I have gotten in the past. This time around was a bit complicated because I was specifically ordering a 2022 while the banks were still open for 21s. I knew I would get the x plan price on the sticker when it came in so I wasn’t all that concerned.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Question: Would X-Plan orders hold anything up on 2022 models? What about X-Plan pricing? Do dealers have access to these yet even though consumers do not? Thanks and I hope you feel better.
X plan orders shouldn't make any difference on timing and plan pricing is available on 2022s.

Sponsored

MBE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Road Glide Special, '12 Tacoma, '22 F150?
Occupation
IT
Is the LImited still being scheduled immediately? What does a priority 19 represent? If scheduled immediately, what does that timeline look like as of today?

Thanks!

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Guess as luck would have it I went the KR route and those are only at 10% scheduled (at the time of first post). Worst of the worst haha, any reason the KR would be so behind? I added the dang AS when they called me and said it wouldn't get built without it. Now the dealer was saying max recline seats, wheel well liners, and spray in bed liner would hold things up. I am just going to try and wait it out, but love to have info if any is available.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Guess as luck would have it I went the KR route and those are only at 10% scheduled (at the time of first post). Worst of the worst haha, any reason the KR would be so behind? I added the dang AS when they called me and said it wouldn't get built without it. Now the dealer was saying max recline seats, wheel well liners, and spray in bed liner would hold things up. I am just going to try and wait it out, but love to have info if any is available.
I feel kinda cheated, LOL... No one ever called me and said that adding the Adative would speed things up. I found that out by visiting the forums... That being said, I added it two and a half months after ordering. That's been over a month ago, now, and still nothing...

I, too, would like to know what the holdup is. I suspect the Max Recline seats, but I hear of Platinums getting scheduled as well as Limiteds. Seems like King Ranch gets the short end of the stick.

Frustrated...

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
I feel kinda cheated, LOL... No one ever called me and said that adding the Adative would speed things up. I found that out by visiting the forums... That being said, I added it two and a half months after ordering. That's been over a month ago, now, and still nothing...

I, too, would like to know what the holdup is. I suspect the Max Recline seats, but I hear of Platinums getting scheduled as well as Limiteds. Seems like King Ranch gets the short end of the stick.

Frustrated...
I just told my salesman to remove the wheel liners and spray in bed liner. The AS was a problem back in November I believe and for the life of me I don't know why my dealership didn't know that when I ordered in mid-December. My order was updated on 5 January with AS, but that did not do anything to speed things up. I just ordered the wheel well liners off of Stage 3 motorsports for $95...much better than the $180 Ford wanted with the build. If not for the water cooler talk in forums like this, we'd all be left in the dark unknowing till the dawn of time haha. Good luck.

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
Bumping this thread back to life. I ordered with Granger back on 1/3 and still haven't had Ford confirm production start timing for my order yet :-/

Last edited:

Sponsored

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Bumping this thread back to life. I ordered with Granger back on 1/3 and still haven't had Ford confirm production start timing for my order yet :-/
Enjoy the wait in the dark (very dark haha). I ordered on 15 December, confirmed on 16 December and not a dang word from Ford since. I got it we are in the midst of a chip shortage, but the only time this company wants to contact me is with price increases, two of those since I ordered just over 3 months ago.

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Enjoy the wait in the dark (very dark haha). I ordered on 15 December, confirmed on 16 December and not a dang word from Ford since. I got it we are in the midst of a chip shortage, but the only time this company wants to contact me is with price increases, two of those since I ordered just over 3 months ago.
looking at the other forum's order tracker you can see, depending of what you ordered and what appearance package you chose it can be anything from 2 weeks to 4+ months to get a schedule date that might then be 2months away. XLs are done super quick, BAPs have taken the longest but we saw reports from a guys that works at Dearborn that today(friday 3/11) they are producing Lariat BAPs and XLT BAPs.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
looking at the other forum's order tracker you can see, depending of what you ordered and what appearance package you chose it can be anything from 2 weeks to 4+ months to get a schedule date that might then be 2months away. XLs are done super quick, BAPs have taken the longest but we saw reports from a guys that works at Dearborn that today(friday 3/11) they are producing Lariat BAPs and XLT BAPs.
I keep hearing XL are quick. I ordered reg cab 4x4 on 2/12/22. I had the confirmation email same day before i left the dealer. Nothing since.

But my order specifies Job #2, so i assume i need to wait until those schedules are started. Assuming i will maybe get vin and schedule next friday if no idle at KC plant.

Time2Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I keep hearing XL are quick. I ordered reg cab 4x4 on 2/12/22. I had the confirmation email same day before i left the dealer. Nothing since.

But my order specifies Job #2, so i assume i need to wait until those schedules are started. Assuming i will maybe get vin and schedule next friday if no idle at KC plant.
Where does your order specify Job #2?

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Just compare these graphs, nothing comes even close to XL. The volume of XL is of course a lot lower too.

Ford F-150 2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders XL - Ave days to milestone per Appearance package (1)
Ford F-150 2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders Lariat - Ave days to milestone per Appearance package (4)
Ford F-150 2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders XLT - Ave days to milestone per Appearance package (3)
Ford F-150 2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders Platinum - Ave days to milestone per Appearance package (5)
Sponsored