First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I have no VIN# either. Mine was a late Nov order. However, I did receive a build date of 1 week of Feb. my general sales manager talked to me & said when the Ford ordering system actually shows truck is in a build status I’ll then get a VIN.
That's not accurate at all. I got my VIN but could only get it from the dealership. Mine has been in "In Order Processing" state until a few days ago when it changed to In Production (but still not being built for another 4 days) and i've had the VIN since mid-Nov. YMMV.
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Hey it worked for you but - it’s not working for me. I’ve read way too many post on this forum and all kinds of information from Ford’s ordering process- which makes it clear as mud.

Bottom Line: My message is to “STATE” what my truck status is. I’m not making a statement of - this is how the system works statement!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Placed my order for a fully loaded Hybrid Limited (max recline, work surface, etc) in August through a dealer in Virginia and still don't have a VIN number, build date. Ummm...is there something I'm doing wrong? From earlier in this thread, looks like others who put in the same order later already have build dates. Happy for them...but scratching my head.
There have been very limited quantities of work surface and especially max recline. Many that finally got their order scheduled had dropped the max recline.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Hey it worked for you but - it’s not working for me. I’ve read way too many post on this forum and all kinds of information from Ford’s ordering process- which makes it clear as mud.

Bottom Line: My message is to “STATE” what my truck status is. I’m not making a statement of - this is how the system works statement!
My point was simply that I believe your dealership could/should be doing more to get you info. Here's a screenshot of what i started getting from them from an internal system they have (note the VIN at the top). Has your dealership sent you anything that looks like this?

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.30.10 AM

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my Limited 9/23 and wanted max recline seats but not available then and when I saw some of you were able to order (and get) Went to dealership to add and was the day my VIN arrived. Build date 2/15. I've learned a lot about first time ordering and allocation. My dealer still doesn't have any F150's. Next time forget trying to help local. I think also Limited means Limited and makes it an uphill battle since it has basically everything and any constraint holds things up.
Curious of what the biggest step of faith has been of buying something site unseen, I went from an '11 Platinum?

Sponsored

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
I ordered on 12/14 and still don't have a VIN. I told my dealer that I'm aware of several orders that received a VIN within a week of ordering. The dealer said they never receive a VIN until the build is scheduled. Seems a bit dubious to me but I've dealt with the dealer for over 20 years so I don't think they're lying.
I think my delay is being caused because of the max recline seats and work surface. I don't have a issue waiting...I don't drive much during the pandemic anyway.
Here is my order receipt:

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** IMG-3523

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Curious of what the biggest step of faith has been of buying something site unseen, I went from an '11 Platinum?
I'm going from a 2010 Lariat V8 to a 2021 Limited PowerBoost. Have test driven a 2021 Lariat 3.5L EB, and checked out the interior of a couple of Limited's... I think you're going to be impressed!

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Ordered my Limited 9/23 and wanted max recline seats but not available then and when I saw some of you were able to order (and get) Went to dealership to add and was the day my VIN arrived. Build date 2/15. I've learned a lot about first time ordering and allocation. My dealer still doesn't have any F150's. Next time forget trying to help local. I think also Limited means Limited and makes it an uphill battle since it has basically everything and any constraint holds things up.
I'm coming from a 2018 BMW 550xi and have had two other BMW 5 series before that (2011 and 2015). My order wasn't exactly site unseen...i was 80% sure i wanted a truck for the current phase in life and for the next 5-10 years. I went and drove some alternatives i was considering (RAM 1500 and Sierra 1500) and reading about the upcoming 2021 F150 redesign. I then test drove one, in three different driving events around Houston and solidified my preference for the F150 over the others i was considering. I'm very tech driven and the 2021 F150 met some of my needs that the other didn't. Here's a few examples....

- RAM 1500...obviously very nice truck, lots of awards, well executed, etc...and if they had added the Next Gen UConnect 4 (w/ wireless Apple CarPlay) i probably would have gotten it. I've had wireless Apple CarPlay in my most recent BMW and love it.
- Sierra 1500...i'd argue maybe the best looking truck on the road, but interior is super dated and the tech inside is even more dated.

Last edited:

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
The last truck I had was a '10 Lariat SuperCab. I have had several vehicles since then, but that was my last truck. I haven't test driven a '21...I'm confident that I'll be very pleased.

YOCUBED

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician
I ordered on 12/14 and still don't have a VIN. I told my dealer that I'm aware of several orders that received a VIN within a week of ordering. The dealer said they never receive a VIN until the build is scheduled. Seems a bit dubious to me but I've dealt with the dealer for over 20 years so I don't think they're lying.
I think my delay is being caused because of the max recline seats and work surface. I don't have a issue waiting...I don't drive much during the pandemic anyway.
Here is my order receipt:

IMG-3523.jpg
You're build is very similar to mine. Only difference is I'm getting Antimatter blue and no tray liner. My order was placed on 1/2/21, I got my VIN last week but no word on build date yet from my dealer. Last report from currybob was the tonneau cover, interior work surface and max recline seats were in very short supply. I don't mind the waiting but it gets harder seeing all these glowing reviews.

Sponsored

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm coming from a 2018 BMW 550xi and have had two other BMW 5 series before that (2011 and 2015). My order wasn't exactly site unseen...i was 80% sure i wanted a truck for the current phase in life and for the next 5-10 years. I went and drove some alternatives i was considering (RAM 1500 and Sierra 1500) and reading about the upcoming 2021 F150 redesign. I then test drove one, in three different driving events around Houston and solidified my preference for the F150 over the others i was considering. I'm very tech driven and the 2021 F150 met some of my needs that the other didn't. Here's a few examples....

- RAM 1500...obviously very nice truck, lots of awards, well executed, etc...and if they had added the Next Gen UConnect 4 (w/ wireless Apple CarPlay) i probably would have gotten it. I've had wireless Apple CarPlay in my most recent BMW and love it.
- Sierra 1500...i'd argue maybe the best looking truck on the road, but interior is super dated and the tech inside is even more dated.
I'm also tech driven and haven't even got my truck and already thinking my wife's 16 tahoe needs updating. I like to be able to switch vehicles and rely on features I'm used to. Got the Powerboost also. I think I'm going to like stop and go and adaptive cruise. Love wireless charging. Anxious to try apple car play. Have no idea what I'm going to do with 7.2 Generator but I'll be ready, looking into Generlink.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I'm also tech driven and haven't even got my truck and already thinking my wife's 16 tahoe needs updating. I like to be able to switch vehicles and rely on features I'm used to. Got the Powerboost also. I think I'm going to like stop and go and adaptive cruise. Love wireless charging. Anxious to try apple car play. Have no idea what I'm going to do with 7.2 Generator but I'll be ready, looking into Generlink.
Ahh yes, i've heard a few people plan that. I have a whole home generator, but my parents live down the street and my plan in case of power loss due to hurricane or any other prolonged power outage is to just drive my truck to their house and let them plug in whatever is needed.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Placed my order for a fully loaded Hybrid Limited (max recline, work surface, etc) in August through a dealer in Virginia and still don't have a VIN number, build date. Ummm...is there something I'm doing wrong? From earlier in this thread, looks like others who put in the same order later already have build dates. Happy for them...but scratching my head.
I ha
I have been reading the discussions about the running boards being ”loud” when deployed. Curious about your experience so far . . .
i haven’t noticed them being exceptionally loud. I think I’ll video them deploying and post it.

VAcraber

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Limited
There have been very limited quantities of work surface and especially max recline. Many that finally got their order scheduled had dropped the max recline.
Agreed, BUT there is hope. I held out for max recline and fully loaded options when I ordered 9/2. On Sunday, the tracking site updated showing the truck was built last Thursday and is in transit on a convoy to VA. Lesson = if you're buying a new expensive truck, order what you want and don't settle. They're coming - stay patient, friends.

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** truck.JPG

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
My point was simply that I believe your dealership could/should be doing more to get you info. Here's a screenshot of what i started getting from them from an internal system they have (note the VIN at the top). Has your dealership sent you anything that looks like this?

==================================================================

Thx for the information. I don't know why the stystem shows mine identical to yours with the exception of my build date being week of Feb 1st but with no VIN. GSM doesn't know either. I guess to many variables but it shouldn't be.
Sponsored