First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Mine is VERY dry, its the third one i've had, no leaks from the cover itself, maybe very slight or just dampness is a better word at the top corners of the tailgate where the side rails end. I've never had any water collect or get the bedmate wet. I'm pretty OCD so if Im on my 1000 mile trip to our cabin in North Carolina I'll throw things in big plastic storage bins, I don't put tops on them, just put things in them so the things aren't sitting directly on the bedmat.

I can open and close the tailgate with the cover closed as well.

The only reason Im not letting this retrax cover go with the truck is because they don't make the glossy black cover anymore, they now only make flat black and I like the glossy cover to match my black truck.
Great info, thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Interesting they would say that about their tailgate seal. I do know Retrax has made their PowertraxONE MX to allow for the tailgate to open & close with a good seal & not interfering. When I'm ready to order (soon as truck is in a ship status) I also will call Retrax.
Have you considered any ways to use the same fob (in like a double or triple click implementation of an existing button) or an interior toggle switch somewhere vs have another remote? That’s my only turnoff for the power version. And frankly just the extra motor to break for something I’ll be using VERY little overall.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I’ve got 1045 miles now on my AMB Limited. Love the truck. I’m going to have PPF in all the high exposure chip areas and a ceramic coating put on. It is scheduled for the 15th of February. I had the broken turn signal module that has since been fixed. After reading about some fit and finish issues, I noticed my right side American flag piece was slightly askew. My wife thinks it is no big deal, so I may just live with it.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I’ve got 1045 miles now on my AMB Limited. Love the truck. I’m going to have PPF in all the high exposure chip areas and a ceramic coating put on. It is scheduled for the 15th of February. I had the broken turn signal module that has since been fixed. After reading about some fit and finish issues, I noticed my right side American flag piece was slightly askew. My wife thinks it is no big deal, so I may just live with it.
Would love to see some pics of your from various angles because of the color.

Are you considering any mods?

One of my conundrums is if I want to get into replacing wheels because I can’t picture what would really look good with AMB and Limited trim. Seems it still needs to tend more towards elegant, subdued, classy vs “look at me I’m so hardcore”. I’ve seen a couple of Fuel wheels that may look good which are kinda satin, gunmetal, platinum type of color and may look good but nothing that’s wow’d me.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)

One of my conundrums is if I want to get into replacing wheels because I can’t picture what would really look good with AMB and Limited trim. Seems it still needs to tend more towards elegant, subdued, classy vs “look at me I’m so hardcore”. I’ve seen a couple of Fuel wheels that may look good which are kinda satin, gunmetal, platinum type of color and may look good but nothing that’s wow’d me.
You could try what I did. Got a copy of Platinum wheels and colored portions in to get a flavor of what they may look like.

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 1611515787047
Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 1611515855320

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
For discussion about 2021 Limited trim...observations, mods, pictures, questions, lessons learned sharing, etc.
This thread has potential, but I'd think it'd be most useful to keep topics limited (no pun intended!) to items that are unique and specific to the Limited trim. Otherwise the value of a trim-specific thread is diluted.

Seems like there's already many topics here that are applicable to all trim levels (e.g.; tonneau covers), and would be more helpful to others if those were in their own thread topic (Example: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/factors-to-consider-before-buying-any-tonneau-cover.693).

Otherwise folks will be jumping all over the place to find info and posting the same content under multiple threads. I'm already seeing a lot of the same content cross-posted in multiple threads.

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller

It’s very dirty right now because I’ve been running around all over the metroplex to grandkids soccer tournaments in the rain and mud. I’ll try to post pics when I get it cleaned up. Only mods I’m thinking of is PPF and ceramic coating.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My basic items list for the 2021 SQ Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid) with all options - including max recline seats.

Basic Items:

1. In time - finding a better 22" tires designed for heavy rains./water.
2. Going with the Retrax "PowertraxONE MX" tonneau cover - I like the matte finish and have no need for overhead rails. I'm not worried about eating some bed space.
3. Mud Flaps (not sure of make) but looking for smooth clean (with no logo) flap.
4. Rain Guards (WeatherTech)
5. Wind Deflector for sunroof (WeatherTech) - without it the darn thing makes a crazy pain in the ass noise.
6. Heavy Duty Rubberized bed mat on top of my spray in liner (it's a me thing). The Black Armour® Bed Matt (diamond design).
7. 13" Antenna - there are great ones that work well for FM channels.
8. Getting a new NOCO GB150 Boost Pro w/the case.
9. Not sure but looking @ a Swing Case SC203 Pickup Truck Tool Box -Truck Box Organizer (TBD) - have to study the install.
10. Absolutely tinting the front two (driver & passenger) windows. A must have in N.C.
11. Not sure about this one but I been looking @ a 12V electric jack w/impact wrench - The KINGCAV Electric Car Jack Hydraulic Floor Jack 12VTire Change Car Jack Hydraulic Car Jack 5 Ton (11000lb).
12. Vehicle coating - leaning toward the yearly coating vs the 5 year coating. (DYI). Will use the items for Chemical Guys
13. Installing bake caliper covers (MGP Red Caliper Covers with Ford Oval Logo; Front and Rear) or having them painted.
Got my old swing case installed today and fit just like it did on the 2018. That rear seat storage compartment is the cats meow! My NOCO GB150 fit perfect!

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 1611534656033

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 1611534712962

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Got my old swing case installed today and fit just like it did on the 2018. That rear seat storage compartment is the cats meow! My NOCO GB150 fit perfect!

1611534656033.jpeg

1611534712962.jpeg
So here’s my conundrum with the folding storage...I have an 8 month old and a 5 year old. I’ll probably have two car seats in the car for a LONG time. So will probably leave it folded/stowed and at least have the utility of shoving things under the seats. <unavoidable facepalm>

Ark LTD

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (ordering), Range Rover
I have been reading the discussions about the running boards being ”loud” when deployed. Curious about your experience so far . . .

91heelncville

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Placed my order for a fully loaded Hybrid Limited (max recline, work surface, etc) in August through a dealer in Virginia and still don't have a VIN number, build date. Ummm...is there something I'm doing wrong? From earlier in this thread, looks like others who put in the same order later already have build dates. Happy for them...but scratching my head.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Placed my order for a fully loaded Hybrid Limited (max recline, work surface, etc) in August through a dealer in Virginia and still don't have a VIN number, build date. Ummm...is there something I'm doing wrong? From earlier in this thread, looks like others who put in the same order later already have build dates. Happy for them...but scratching my head.
yea that doesn't sound right. I had a VIN within two weeks of placing order.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I have no VIN# either. Mine was a late Nov order. However, I did receive a build date of 1 week of Feb. my general sales manager talked to me & said when the Ford ordering system actually shows truck is in a build status I’ll then get a VIN.
Sponsored