noles149

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra Denali
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for months and months waiting for any rumor or news I could get my hands on relating to the 21 F150's.

I'm dying to get out of my truck (a 2015 Sierra Denali) and have been doing my best to wait for the new Fords to come out and buy a Limited. I'm a little behind on a few things:

Why put in an order now vs wait until they're on the lots? From what I can tell, if I put in an order I might have to wait longer for the particular truck I ordered than I would just browsing the lots when they're finally produced. Do you get a better deal now versus later? Am I wrong and you all are at the front of the line (if so, I'm ordering one tomorrow)?

When are you all expecting to receive the trucks you ordered? Can you back out if your local dealership has something you'd want instead?

When do dealers expect to see the 21's on their lots? My guess was December-ish?
Sponsored

OP
OP

noles149

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra Denali
That is what we are told, the orders for Job 1 start 2nd week of October...Build in Michigan will start first then KC when tooling is done...
Thanks! If I order one now, would I receive it in that same time frame or would I likely be waiting for a few months after the 21's hit dealerships?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
IMHO the big advantage of ordering one is getting it exactly the way you want it. The likelihood of finding one on the lot in the color combo you want with the specific options you want is remote. Sure you might get close but if you want it a certain way, ordering is the way to go. In that regard you'd probably receive your order sooner than waiting for the right one to pop up on a dealer's lot.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Thanks! If I order one now, would I receive it in that same time frame or would I likely be waiting for a few months after the 21's hit dealerships?

We do not have allocation on the 2021 yet so I do not know when we will get stock units for sale...

I would hope soon...

Sponsored

OP
OP

noles149

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra Denali
We do not have allocation on the 2021 yet so I do not know when we will get stock units for sale...

I would hope soon...
In my situation, I want a white or black Limited. I guess there are more options this time around given the EcoBoost vs PowerBoost, but that's it.

Is it in my best interest to order now or wait until they're on lots and go scoop one up?

I can't stress how desperate I am to get out of my truck. I've briefly thought of buying a Navigator L because its the only other vehicle I have interest in, but I'd really miss having a truck.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
In my situation, I want a white or black Limited. I guess there are more options this time around given the EcoBoost vs PowerBoost, but that's it.

Is it in my best interest to order now or wait until they're on lots and go scoop one up?

I can't stress how desperate I am to get out of my truck. I've briefly thought of buying a Navigator L because its the only other vehicle I have interest in, but I'd really miss having a truck.

If you are in a hurry then order one, we will be stocking all of the trims as we can get them...

The nice thing on the Limited is there are not many options...color, engine etc

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I started shopping for a truck in February to replace my Tacoma. Kids get booted from school, social distancing, job uncertainty...and here we are. The Taco is a great truck, but not enough room to 'adventure' with the family. I feel your pain, though, I was on the Ford lot yesterday eyeing a 2020 Platinum, as the family was packed in for Mountain Biking on Saturday. I just hate to buy the older truck when the new one is around the corner. I was also eyeing, online, the new Yukon AT4, but the wife was quick to point out that a truck is where it's at...then she winked at me. :)

OP
OP

noles149

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra Denali
If you are in a hurry then order one, we will be stocking all of the trims as we can get them...

The nice thing on the Limited is there are not many options...color, engine etc
You nailed it - there are only a few options on the Limited. Good to know you'd still recommend ordering one.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
My Dealer advised me that "stock" orders are built before "retail" orders.
If your dealer is willing to work with you and "pencil in" your name on a stock order build, you should get it sooner than if you place a retail order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noles149

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra Denali
My Dealer advised me that "stock" orders are built before "retail" orders.
If your dealer is willing to work with you and "pencil in" your name on a stock order build, you should get it sooner than if you place a retail order.
This is what I was wondering. I almost placed an order yesterday and held back because I’ll be able to buy one off of a lot a little sooner.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
This is what I was wondering. I almost placed an order yesterday and held back because I’ll be able to buy one off of a lot a little sooner.

Retail orders are always processed prior to stock orders...

The allocation system is where it gets messy...

If they did not have any orders when the allocation was pulled they filled in with stock orders...we all do so we do not lose allocation...

If there are retail orders in there then Ford picks them up filling an allocation slot prior to stock orders...

That is just a clarification of what you were told...

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m about six months out from buying one. Can you still custom order one anytime through out the model year, or do you have to order at the beginning?

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Retail orders are always processed prior to stock orders...

The allocation system is where it gets messy...

If they did not have any orders when the allocation was pulled they filled in with stock orders...we all do so we do not lose allocation...

If there are retail orders in there then Ford picks them up filling an allocation slot prior to stock orders...

That is just a clarification of what you were told...
very helpful - cheers

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I was also told Ford is not accepting/scheduling retail orders right now? I assume this dealer does not want to convert a stock order he can sell at a higher profit to a retail order he is agreeing to sell at $1000 under invoice? Albert I'm a little slow on the uptake on the ordering process, is converting a stock order that is already placed but still custimizable the only way to get a "retail" order placed right now?

Just wondering what I should ask to not come off as asking for too much, as they are accomodating almost everything I have asked for on the deal, so if I have to wait until March to get my truck instead of having it at Christmas, I can live with that. But of course I don't want to wait if I can help them figure out how to make it happen earlier.
Sponsored