Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
That will give you confidence in your pilot want it! Good one! Lol
My mom once took a trip in a little prop commuter. 8-10 passengers.
Pilot gets on, and with the mic on ( probably intentional), speaks with the co-pilot.
“Beth, you got that owners manual? Let’s get this thing in the air.”

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
It should be possible (and rather easy) to add these sensors once we have our hands on some wiring diagrams for 14 gen. This is a subject Ford owners have visited before. On the fusion forums Dan put the full 12 sensor array into his 2013 Fusion and they worked great, on the F150 forums Livnitup duct taped some on to his front bumper for an experiment but the BCM firmware just never accommodated the circuits.

We know 14 gen F150's support these sensors, so it should just be a matter of plugging them into the BCM and then programming a couple values into the BCM (Fuse panel), APIM (Sync 4) and PAM (Park Assist Module). Wiring will be extra easy if Ford was kind enough to use the same main body harness to the front bumper on 302a and up.

Of course there are new parameters that will take time to map out and fully understand such as
726-74-02 which is used to define which type of Ford Co Pilot system is installed.

It also looks like iPhone as Key tech is coming to the 2022 or 2023 F150 because the logic is built into your trucks already, but of course extra hardware would be needed and it would be much more challenging to install.

Back to my point, if you don't have a copy of this growing list already, make one now.
You can add almost anything you want to your F150's from any other another trim level or model year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited:

atgill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport Pkg 4X4 5.0
Occupation
Retired, USW Local 369
It should be possible (and rather easy) to add these sensors once we have our hands on some wiring diagrams for 14 gen. This is a subject Ford owners have visited before. On the fusion forums Dan put the full 12 sensor array into his 2013 Fusion and they worked great, on the F150 forums Livnitup duct taped some on to his front bumper for an experiment but the BCM firmware just never accommodated the circuits.

We know 14 gen F150's support these sensors, so it should just be a matter of plugging them into the BCM and then programming a couple values into the BCM (Fuse panel), APIM (Sync 4) and PAM (Park Assist Module). Wiring will be extra easy if Ford was kind enough to use the same main body harness to the front bumper on 302a and up.

Of course there are new parameters that will take time to map out and fully understand such as
726-74-02 which is used to define which type of Ford Co Pilot system is installed.

It also looks like iPhone as Key tech is coming to the 2022 or 2023 F150 because the logic is built into your trucks already, but of course extra hardware would be needed and it would be much more challenging to install.

Back to my point, if you don't have a copy of this growing list already, make one now.
You can add almost anything you want to your F150's from any other another trim level or model year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
For those of us that add winch kits to the front, do they have extensions for the front sensors?

RawFord

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150/ 2005 GTO
Occupation
Console operator
Anyone have part numbers for these front sensors. Hoping that with installing sensors and the wire harness for them it’s plug and play

Sponsored

klinkor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I got the Lariat 302a package which removes the front sensors. I found out after my order was too far along that the front sensors are offered on the 302a if I chose the Active Prep package so I would like to know about adding them as well

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Trying to figure out how what I have works.
Not sure but I think there are 2 sets of front sensors the little circular ones on bumper and another one imbedded in a black plastic part of front end. Found it, the pre collision sensors radar and camera.
Saw video where they had to clean black one for lane assist or something on Pickup Truck plus SUV Talk. Great videos. They were mystified at first too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxO2h83kcVBaLFjjCLer3AA
I think one is part of 360 system (visible circular) and one is standard on some trims.
Collision stuff etc. as mentioned before.
Ford CoPilot 360 2.0, so no assist 2.0, no 360 cameras, no bumper sensors.
I swear it beeped at me today getting out of a tight spot when I got close to a wall in front. Have to test this again. And read up on it in the easy to use digital and pdf manual. haha
I'm hoping it has some warning, its hard to judge front distance some times. Just got the truck.
Let me know if someone figures more of this out.
Confusing tech sometimes, sometimes helpful.
hmmm now Im wondering about an upgrade kit.

Ford F-150 proximity sensors on front bumper? PreCollisionSensorsCapture.JPG

Last edited:

enigma99a

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
Guys need help here to know if I will get front sensors on the bumper or not on my truck (on order)

Lariat 2021 501A mid. 360-Degree Camera Package + Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0

Thanks

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
Guys need help here to know if I will get front sensors on the bumper or not on my truck (on order)

Lariat 2021 501A mid. 360-Degree Camera Package + Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0

Thanks
Yes i believe yours will have the front sensors. Quite sure this is how it works:

Lariat 501A - requires CoPilot Assist AND 360 camera package to get front sensors.

Lariat 502A - requires CoPilot ACTIVE (and 360 cam) to get front sensors.

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
I can confirm my Lariat 500A with: Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 and the Tow Tech Package (includes 360 Camera) has the front sensors and the rain sensing wipers. Sorry for most of you on the thread, but they are both really nice. Feeling like I got lucky with my build.

Sponsored

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
I have the 21 King Ranch with 601A package, 360 Degree Camera Package/Tow Technology Package, with Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and do not have the front bumper proximity sensors. I am pretty pissed about it too as the ford brochure originally stated they were included with the 360 assist 2.0 but now the build & price site calls it out in the Active Prep package instead. Would like to have them added if possible. Pretty annoyed my coworkers XLT has them and it automatically turns on his front camera when he gets close to an object yet i can roll up on a car or my fence within an inch and nada.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
Does anyone have confirmation of changes for this issue in 2022? Judging from the order guide, it seems like you still need the Active 2.0 package to get the parking sensors on a Lariat.... pretty annoying.

Ford F-150 proximity sensors on front bumper? 1634574978892

Ford F-150 proximity sensors on front bumper? 1634574937968

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Does anyone have confirmation of changes for this issue in 2022? Judging from the order guide, it seems like you still need the Active 2.0 package to get the parking sensors on a Lariat.... pretty annoying.

1634574978892.png

1634574937968.png
The order guide is kinda confusing. These images are showing the Assist/Active for the high-level Lariat. You will see it again listed under the mid-level Lariat Assist option that it includes the FFS. Just do a search on the order guide for Forward Sensing System and you should find it.

The person above is correct..

Lariat 501A - requires CoPilot Assist AND 360 camera package to get front sensors.

Lariat 502A - requires CoPilot ACTIVE (and 360 cam) to get front sensors.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
Got it. I just did the search as you suggested and also noticed this comment at the bottom of the page.

"Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 includes rain-sensing wipers and forward sensing system when ordered on 500A or 501A"

Still odd that you are required to pay for the Active 2.0 package on a 502A to get the front sensors.

Ford F-150 proximity sensors on front bumper? 1634576079402

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Got it. I just did the search as you suggested and also noticed this comment at the bottom of the page.

"Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 includes rain-sensing wipers and forward sensing system when ordered on 500A or 501A"

Still odd that you are required to pay for the Active 2.0 package on a 502A to get the front sensors.

1634576079402.png
Quite. And some of us that were not made aware of that fact during ordering are not thrilled about it.
Sponsored