First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Just curious what everyone out there is doing, including if home-made, to make the utility of their truck bed the most useful it can be.

I’m personally not interested in things like Decked so mostly looking for what people have done with dividers, bed side molle system (eg. built right industries, Putco, etc.), and similar solutions.

I’m planning on a Retrax Pro XR cover so will be limited by what can fit with space left given the space the cassette takes up.

Looking forward to hearing about all the creative things others are doing and as always a picture is always worth a thousand words!
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Same! Something a bit more rigid than stringing a cargo net across the bed. There are a lot of great looking ones, but none really labelled to work with 2021 yet. Might have to wait a few more months before something is verified as compatible.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Same! Something a bit more rigid than stringing a cargo net across the bed. There are a lot of great looking ones, but none really labelled to work with 2021 yet. Might have to wait a few more months before something is verified as compatible.
Precisely. I basically plan to use mine as a large trunk 99% of the time (hopefully as water proof as possible with the retrax pro) and looking for best options to organize. Sounds like your in similar boat.

Thinking of getting for Ford OEM folding bed extender (mostly used inward) to keep things from sliding and then maybe the OEM bed divider to the back boxlink to add one more “compartment” and prevent things from sliding around.

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
I use (when needed) a piece of 2x8 cut to length and slid into the slots either side of the bed - that's what they are there for! See this post for a picture - the 4 vertical strips between the wheel-arch and tailgate.

Reactions: MDM
OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I use (when needed) a piece of 2x8 cut to length and slid into the slots either side of the bed - that's what they are there for! See this post for a picture - the 4 vertical strips between the wheel-arch and tailgate.
Well, #TIL. Brand new info for me, really appreciate it. My first F150 so learning as I go...

Are these slots on the other side of the wheel arch towards the front too?

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Precisely. I basically plan to use mine as a large trunk 99% of the time (hopefully as water proof as possible with the retrax pro) and looking for best options to organize. Sounds like your in similar boat.

Thinking of getting for Ford OEM folding bed extender (mostly used inward) to keep things from sliding and then maybe the OEM bed divider to the back boxlink to add one more “compartment” and prevent things from sliding around.
My problem is that I have the 2kwh generator plugs. I need to see how the OEM bed extender installs on 2021 5.5 bed.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
My problem is that I have the 2kwh generator plugs. I need to see how the OEM bed extender installs on 2021 5.5 bed.
From another thread seems not an issue unless plug covers are raised and in use.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I got 6 or 7 of these in there and they’re so big that there’s not much room for them to be shifting around too much.
Keeps car stuff separated from other stuff and most of them are empty for when I need a clean spot to put some purchases or whatever.
(My truck bed is not the cleanest since the cover isn’t water proof and water from rain and the car wash get in there sometimes.)
But whenever I need a larger space in the bed these things just stack into each other to make more available floor space or I can just throw them all on top of each other in my garage since they’re also very light.
Ford F-150 Best bed dividers and organizers AAA1251C-D1DE-4F42-8624-D38F0D4E9E71

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
Great tip re: the 2x8s!

I'm going to grab some e-track attachments. I've read they fit the BoxLink holes perfectly.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Just curious what everyone out there is doing, including if home-made, to make the utility of their truck bed the most useful it can be.

I’m personally not interested in things like Decked so mostly looking for what people have done with dividers, bed side molle system (eg. built right industries, Putco, etc.), and similar solutions.

I’m planning on a Retrax Pro XR cover so will be limited by what can fit with space left given the space the cassette takes up.

Looking forward to hearing about all the creative things others are doing and as always a picture is always worth a thousand words!
I have been leaning towards this Amp bed divider and extender. Found Here: https://www.amp-research.com/produc...MImfCF-pSn7gIVqQytBh2UnAgzEAQYASABEgIQEPD_BwE
Ford F-150 Best bed dividers and organizers 1611030771014

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
From another thread seems not an issue unless plug covers are raised and in use.
I am very confident that I can swing my extender out of the way to get a locking plug into the L14-30 receptacle (that will be a stiff cord as well). Let me know if anyone needs pics of what I mean.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Is that easy to remove when you need the whole bed? That's what drove me to get the Ford one, so it stows flat against the sides when I don't need it (my default position).

Can you take pics of what this might look like flat and in use?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Don't have one yet, but I guess I would just stow it up against passenger compartment if I had a load in the truck. Otherwise it is attached to the bed side walls and pivots or rotates to be a bed divider or a bed extender. I haven't heard any pros or cons, but it looks like a good option. I guess one con would be that it only has one position as a bed divider? Amp Research has a few different styles. Some are more square in the corners than this one.

Ford F-150 Best bed dividers and organizers 1611082600114

Ford F-150 Best bed dividers and organizers 1611082628754
Sponsored

Last edited: