Sponsored

What insurance company for your f150?

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I've read some threads where people have said that their insurance has went down compared to their older trucks due to the new safety features.

I received a letter from my insurance company stating I needed to contact my agent due to it having been 6 months since I suspended the policy on the truck I sold. And I had until the 31st of Jan to take care of it. Policy was suspended instead of cancelled to keep my multiple vehicle and no wrecks discount going.

So I did as asked and then for s & G I also asked what the new premium was going to be. Mine didn't go down. It went up. Not a whole lot but it did and for a smaller truck with more safety features.

So, I'm thinking it's time to shop around and find these companies that are going down in price with the better safety features because it doesn't seem to be state farm.....
Sponsored

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I switched to Erie about 5 years ago and at the time they had this rate lock system, so your rate never changes. Mine has always been the same, even after trading in my 2016 for my 2021.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Mine (State Farm) went up but not much, like $30 every six months, and given the value went from $28K to $74K I was actually pretty surprised it didn't increase more.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
State Farm for me too. Jake kept it pretty reasonable!;)

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I have State Farm as well. Didn't get my truck yet, but gave them the vin. I am quoted roughly $175 higher than my previous 2018 Silverado. 40k value vs 65k. I also drive my truck less than 5,000 miles a year. I'm thinking of switching as well.

Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Interesting, children of veterans who are USAA members are eligible... Can only conclude that since your dad passed away or if he wasn't a USAA member, that was the reason...

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Interesting, children of veterans who are USAA members are eligible... Can only conclude that since your dad passed away or if he wasn't a USAA member, that was the reason...
I asked the guy and he asked those questions too. First he had passed and then I told him I really had no way of knowing if he was member. I said I doubted it because he bought all his insurance locally. Navy veteran during Korean war. The guy told me if I knew his social security number he could check. It would take me a while to track that down.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Well, I believe it will be worth it. You could request a copy of his DD-214 from Federal Records, it might have it. The reason I believe it would be worth checking is some years ago, my newly married college student son called and asked me about auto insurance as he was running into very high rates. Told him to call USAA, he kind of said "why they'll be just like the others..." I said make the call... He called back the next day to ask me how in the world they could offer the (low) rates they do... He's been with USAA ever since...

Sponsored

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
USAA as well. Insurance went up around $70/6.. not much. I used to be a walking billboard for them but they're definitely not as good as they used to be. Really since they've started pushing more advertising (NFL, etc) I've noticed a change.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Still, in my observation they're far better than others. I found their service to be superior. Have had a couple of claims paid out to me from State Farm insureds to me. Found State Farm to be too profit oriented in their payout.

Last edited:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I have StateFarm as well. I have the electronic nanny “Drive Safe” thing on my truck and Im saving a ton of money with it. I canceled the Drive Safe for my car because I didn’t need them seeing how I drive it ;-) I was tired of getting bad marks for acceleration, breaking, and turns! It’s amazing that I pay 800+ a year for my car and less than 500 for a truck worth 2x more.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have StateFarm as well. I have the electronic nanny “Drive Safe” thing on my truck and Im saving a ton of money with it. I canceled the Drive Safe for my car because I didn’t need them seeing how I drive it ;-) I was tired of getting bad marks for acceleration, breaking, and turns! It’s amazing that I pay 800+ a year for my car and less than 500 for a truck worth 2x more.
They really wouldn't like "the let's see if it will do donuts like my 03 lightning could" maneuver then would they.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
From my experience, insurance companies don't care about safety tech. What they see is more that could go wrong in simple accidents that will cost them more money.
Sponsored