OTA Update Broke Apple CarPlay

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Did an update break CarPlay for anyone else recently?
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Nope! Feeling sort of dumb. Thanks. I bet that fixes it! I love this site
I just noticed the other day that mine started acting up as well after two months of seamless experience. Updated my iOS 2-3 days ago and everything works fine again. Hopefully it fixes yours.

Enzo0515

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
My Carplay forgets my phone every time I start the truck. I have to delete the truck out of my phone and do the initial pairing all over each time I start the tuck if I want the phone connected. Very annoying and this is just another Sync problem I have endured after waiting 4 months for the APIM to be replaced...

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My Carplay forgets my phone every time I start the truck. I have to delete the truck out of my phone and do the initial pairing all over each time I start the tuck if I want the phone connected. Very annoying and this is just another Sync problem I have endured after waiting 4 months for the APIM to be replaced...
You need to forget all networks in your iPhone

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Occupation
Software Developer
The last OTA update on the Mach-E made CarPlay WAY BETTER for me!

The screen is taller, maps are bigger, anything with a list is longer, and the menu moved to the bottom of the screen instead of the side, like an iOS device.

Enzo0515

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
You need to forget all networks in your iPhone
Master reset on the Sync seems to have fixed my problem. My Iphone now stays connected however I now get a message when I shut off the truck that the system is shutting down due to a low battery. Ford tested the battery and it tests ok. Just another anomaly/glitch with the Sync4.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Master reset on the Sync seems to have fixed my problem. My Iphone now stays connected however I now get a message when I shut off the truck that the system is shutting down due to a low battery. Ford tested the battery and it tests ok. Just another anomaly/glitch with the Sync4.
That is an issue. They should try to relearn the BMS and also do a linbus initialization.
Sponsored