2021 F150 King Ranch

Lance b

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XL
Agree, I like the idea of trying to resolve the transmission issue with this tuner but need a lot of positive feedback before dropping $800
You have trans issues too? What issues are u having? Mines clunks when press back on the pedal going highway speeds. I wanna get a tune to resolve it too but don't wanna spend 800 bucks either

Sponsored

Lance b

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XL
Just curious, did you try to a reset the transmission learning tables in forscan?
I know a guy that has the snap on tool to turn off the adaptive learning so we did that. It fixed the 3-4 harsh shift but still clunks whenever I let off the gas and press it again in 10th gear.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
You have trans issues too? What issues are u having? Mines clunks when press back on the pedal going highway speeds. I wanna get a tune to resolve it too but don't wanna spend 800 bucks either
I know a guy that has the snap on tool to turn off the adaptive learning so we did that. It fixed the 3-4 harsh shift but still clunks whenever I let off the gas and press it again in 10th gear.
I too have the 10-9 clunk when moderately pressing the go pedal. Still get the occasional 6-5 clunk but it seems to go away once the transmission is warmed up.

Would like to hear feedback on this tuner as well.

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
Same problem here. Clunks and hard shifts 1-3, 3-4, 6-5, 10-9 and more. I wish Ford would fix this problem themselves so we don't have to install an aftermarket tune and possibly void our warranties. Ridiculous.

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
JB4 isn't that cheap either! Tranny shifts firmer or not allowing higher gear till load drop with JB4. Not seeing going into 10th gear till around 50 mph, earlier boost and lower mpg.

Lance b

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XL
I too have the 10-9 clunk when moderately pressing the go pedal. Still get the occasional 6-5 clunk but it seems to go away once the transmission is warmed up.

[/QUOTE
Does yours downshift after you are coasting downhill in 10th gear and press brake for just a second or 2? Mines will go down to 6th gear and rev to about 3k. It's so irritating, I can see doing that in tow mode but not in normal. And when I press the gas pedal while it's revving it will clunk loudly also. Love the truck but absolutely hating this 10 speed

Sponsored

Anthony joe

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car, buses, trucks
The thread is really helpful as I was thinking to buy this too. but it's too expensive. I have seen a few places where these types of things are being provided in good prices.

Lance b

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XL

Welp, I bit the bullet and ordered a tune. Whenever it comes in and I can install it in my truck I'll give an update

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Welp, I bit the bullet and ordered a tune. Whenever it comes in and I can install it in my truck I'll give an update
Damn, shipping was probably triple for you.

Would appreciate some feedback for sure.
Sponsored