Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
It’s not available for those of us that bought trucks with the prep package from before job 2 when it was included. My truck is set up for it but I can’t use it until ford releases the update to my truck.
And still not out for those of us who bought a Mach-E before that!

Mike
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Strange and unfortunate for those without Blue Cruise. I was fortunate that Blue Cruise was working when my truck was delivered in Oct. I use it every chance I get. There are a few tweaks that need to be addressed but overall I like it.
Ummm....are you sure we're talking about totally hands-free cruise control? Cause I have a '21 F-150 PB, and a '21 Mach-E, and neither of them have Blue Cruise enabled but both have the prep packages. I have Intelligent Cruise and get reminded to keep my hands on the wheel every 15 seconds...even when my hands are on the wheel.

And Blue Cruise is supposedly in limited beta...are you a beta tester?

Mike

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Mine was part of the package. Either 701A or the hybrid because there is no direct price listed on the sticker. What ever it cost it was minimal. Not losing any sleep....
Looks like it was part of the 701A package, which looks like it cost $3k.

Looks like its $1500 to add to 502a.

$1500 may not be a lot to you, seems like a lot to me.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Ummm....are you sure we're talking about totally hands-free cruise control? Cause I have a '21 F-150 PB, and a '21 Mach-E, and neither of them have Blue Cruise enabled but both have the prep packages. I have Intelligent Cruise and get reminded to keep my hands on the wheel every 15 seconds...even when my hands are on the wheel.

And Blue Cruise is supposedly in limited beta...are you a beta tester?

Mike
Yes they are talking about true BlueCruise. If you buy a very late year 2021 or any 2022 with BlueCruise capable hardware you will have it straight from the dealership. My neighbor got a Platinum 2021 that was built late in the year and he has full BC functionality and let me take it for a test spin (it was nice).

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Mine was part of the package. Either 701A or the hybrid because there is no direct price listed on the sticker. What ever it cost it was minimal. Not losing any sleep....
For me it's not the cost of the prep package that is significant, it's the cost difference between a XLT and a Lariat 502a, that is not minimal.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I traded in my 2021 with the prep package for a 2022 with bluecruise installed. This is currently the ONLY way for anyone who bought a 2021 F150 built before mid 2021 to get bluecruise working.

Ford has a TON of issues right now with OTA updates. They have basically bricked a huge number of 2021 APIM modules and they can't even get small OTA updates let alone one for Bluecruise. My 2021 stopped getting OTA updates about 4 months ago and I was told that they have to replace the APIM to get it working again. It seems to be a mixed bag of whether that replacement gets authorized and if your warranty covers it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Looks like it was part of the 701A package, which looks like it cost $3k.

Looks like its $1500 to add to 502a.

$1500 may not be a lot to you, seems like a lot to me.
701A was $2,685. Included Platinum pkg, B&O unleashed 18 speaker system, power tailgate, tailgate step and 360°camera system. Pretty sure it didn't cost more than half of the package price

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Ford has a TON of issues right now with OTA updates. They have basically bricked a huge number of 2021 APIM modules and they can't even get small OTA updates let alone one for Bluecruise. My 2021 stopped getting OTA updates about 4 months ago and I was told that they have to replace the APIM to get it working again. It seems to be a mixed bag of whether that replacement gets authorized and if your warranty covers it.
If Ford pushed an OTA that bricked it, they are damn well paying for it under warranty.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
701A was $2,685. Included Platinum pkg, B&O unleashed 18 speaker system, power tailgate, tailgate step and 360°camera system. Pretty sure it didn't cost more than half of the package price
360 is part of the active prep package.
I don’t know what is part of the Platinum package, is it not standard on the Platinum?

Either way, you have 4 things listed as part of the 701a if Platinum pkg includes other things.

$2685 / 5 = $537

Still seems like a lot for a feature with a moving use date.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
If Ford pushed an OTA that bricked it, they are damn well paying for it under warranty.
You are right...it didn't brick it to the point that it doesn't work for it's daily use but they have some thing that is preventing them from having a update performed. I've heard that they screwed up a gateway or comms module?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
If you wanted all of those things, then yes, it didn't cost that much. But if you only bought 701a at $2,685 for that one feature, and got the others even though you didn't want them... then you paid $2,685 for BC. Same logic I'm applying to my purchase. I would have been perfectly happy with a XLT 302A (in fact happier because I could have gotten a bench front seat), but I stepped all the way up to a Lariat 502a because that was the lowest package with BC. In my opinion I paid $17K for blue cruise. I got a bunch of other crap I didn't care anything about, because BC was that important to me. And now I realize I'm the world's biggest idiot for spending 17K for the promise of something in the future. I used to trust Ford, I'll never make that mistake again.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
We should all open warranty cases with Ford due to Blue Cruise still not being delivered. Then when they deny the warranty claim we should file a compliant with the Better Business Bureau, who has an Auto Line Program. The BBB will arbitrate the matter and Ford takes the BBB very seriously. My guess is that this is the best (and maybe) only way to get BC installed/enabled on our trucks.

Personally, I only bought my F-150 because of the promise of Blue Cruise. I would have considered a lot of other trucks otherwise.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I just got off the phone with a Ford Customer Service Manager, she told me that BlueCruise would not be available until the second half of the this year, no offer of compensation of any kind, she just kept on saying she understood my frustration.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist although I am beginning to think that the job 1 build may never get BC, there just aren't that many Job 1 builds out there, first promised by the end of the 3rd quarter, then maybe by Christmas, then January, now second half of 2022.

Ford can just keep ignoring the relatively few of us that this affects. It will also drive the trade value down, if the truck does not have and cannot get BC.
@charliecbp how did you get a Customer Service Manager on the phone?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
That is not what I would say is good public relations, and if they have to replace the modules in everyone's truck from Job 1, then that should be a priority since they already have our money.

I am reaching out to my dealer and trying to find the truth or at least their version of it.
Sponsored