Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I just got off the phone with a Ford Customer Service Manager, she told me that BlueCruise would not be available until the second half of the this year, no offer of compensation of any kind, she just kept on saying she understood my frustration.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist although I am beginning to think that the job 1 build may never get BC, there just aren't that many Job 1 builds out there, first promised by the end of the 3rd quarter, then maybe by Christmas, then January, now second half of 2022.

Ford can just keep ignoring the relatively few of us that this affects. It will also drive the trade value down, if the truck does not have and cannot get BC.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

jrm390

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler 4xE
I just got off the phone with a Ford Customer Service Manager, she told me that BlueCruise would not be available until the second half of the this year, no offer of compensation of any kind, she just kept on saying she understood my frustration.

I am by no means a conspiracy theorist although I am beginning to think that the job 1 build may never get BC, there just aren't that many Job 1 builds out there, first promised by the end of the 3rd quarter, then maybe by Christmas, then January, now second half of 2022.

Ford can just keep ignoring the relatively few of us that this affects. It will also drive the trade value down, if the truck does not have and cannot get BC.
I'm confused. Bluecruise isn't available? I just used it 5 minutes ago... Unless I'm missing something.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot

This is a brutal betrayal - the complete lack of honesty and open communication. People literally made choices based on their promises...

Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
I'm confused. Bluecruise isn't available? I just used it 5 minutes ago... Unless I'm missing something.
it is out in LIMITED BETA TESTING.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
It’s not available for those of us that bought trucks with the prep package from before job 2 when it was included. My truck is set up for it but I can’t use it until ford releases the update to my truck.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
it is out in LIMITED BETA TESTING.
Not anymore. You can order a truck with it now and you will have full access to it when you get the truck. ford released it to current in production vehicles.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
There has been speculation (nothing confirmed) on another thread related to OTAs that the APIM module in job 2 builds is different than job 1 builds, and the newer APIM might be needed in job 1 builds to get BC working. Given chip shortages finding those APIM modules could be tall order.

If that is the case, it is incredibly disappointing, but at least and understandable reason for the delay. I wouldn't be nearly as furious if that is the case, if they would just tell me that is what is going on. Like others I traded a perfectly good Gen13 F150 and spent WAY MORE than I otherwise would have specifically to get a 502a BC truck because I log so many interstate miles every year I felt it was worth the extra cost. If I had known I would not get BC, I would have kept my 2018 or at least waited to trade for a job 2 truck.

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
i dont understand the job 1 vs job 2.. i bought a raptor 801a... built Oct-21.. should it have bluecruise now?

Sponsored

PappyG

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat hybrid powerboost
Occupation
Senior Principal Cyber Systems Administrator

Strange and unfortunate for those without Blue Cruise. I was fortunate that Blue Cruise was working when my truck was delivered in Oct. I use it every chance I get. There are a few tweaks that need to be addressed but overall I like it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Those early builds, like mine, once Blue Cruise is available that it'll probably require a trip to the dealer to pay for the subscription cost. Not thinking it will be an ota surprise. I paid for the prep pkg. Not the whole thing. The Detroit Free Press had an article a while back that indicated the early builds of the F150 and Mach-E will pay $600 to enable it once available.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I'd rather have my money back from the prep package at this point.... any attorney bots reading this. Get that class action going. If anything it might spur Ford to work a little faster.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
There has been speculation (nothing confirmed) on another thread related to OTAs that the APIM module in job 2 builds is different than job 1 builds, and the newer APIM might be needed in job 1 builds to get BC working. Given chip shortages finding those APIM modules could be tall order.

If that is the case, it is incredibly disappointing, but at least and understandable reason for the delay. I wouldn't be nearly as furious if that is the case, if they would just tell me that is what is going on. Like others I traded a perfectly good Gen13 F150 and spent WAY MORE than I otherwise would have specifically to get a 502a BC truck because I log so many interstate miles every year I felt it was worth the extra cost. If I had known I would not get BC, I would have kept my 2018 or at least waited to trade for a job 2 truck.
and of course, Ford will make you pay out of pocked for it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'd rather have my money back from the prep package at this point.... any attorney bots reading this. Get that class action going. If anything it might spur Ford to work a little faster.
Mine was part of the package. Either 701A or the hybrid because there is no direct price listed on the sticker. What ever it cost it was minimal. Not losing any sleep....
Sponsored