First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I purchased my 2021 Limited on 12/30/2021. Driving home I noticed the turn signal did not cancel after a turn. I brought it in to the dealer two days ago for repair. They advised me today it apparently came from the factory with a broken module in the steering column. The problem is the part is on back order and they cannot put it back together till the part arrives because they cannot guarantee the broken part won’t cause other isssues in the steering. Tokay they are sending out an emergency part order and said they are getting all hands on deck, including Ford customer relations, on deck to see if they can get an expedited solution to the problem. Meanwhile I will be without a truck. I should have more info by the end of the day.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I believe this is the second turn signal issue with not cancelling after a turn.

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I believe this is the second turn signal issue with not cancelling after a turn.
I posted something about it a few days ago before I got it back to the dealer. That may be the first instance you are talking about.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dam, sorry to hear, I hope they make it right for you man!

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Did they give you a loaner. I sure hope so.

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Did they give you a loaner. I sure hope so.
I’ve got an Explorer as a loaner. If it turns out my truck is going to be out of service for a while, I may have to revisit the loaner type.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve got an Explorer as a loaner. If it turns out my truck is going to be out of service for a while, I may have to revisit the loaner type.
Man if you spent the $$$ on a LIMITED they better get you some exceptional service and loaner!

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Man if you spent the $$$ on a LIMITED they better get you some exceptional service and loaner!
I am waiting to hear this afternoon to see when I might get my truck back. If it is going to be a considerable length of time I may end up talking to the GM or owner and insist on a new truck. Trouble is, they are very few trucks around just like it.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Agree, I would be pissed. About how many miles did you drive before noticing the turn signal issue? I also would have the dealership GM call the regional director on speaker and both state it's B.S.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Agree, I would be pissed. About how many miles did you drive before noticing the turn signal issue? I also would have the dealership GM call the regional director on speaker and both state it's B.S.
I bought the truck on the evening of December 30. We were finishing the paper work and most everyone was going home. I drove to a hotel near the airport I was departing from early the next morning for a four day trip(I am a pilot). I started noticing the problem on the drive to the hotel. Since I was gone for four days, I called when I got back. They could not schedule me in for service until January 26th. I ended up calling the head of the sales department and told him I found it frustrating that I had to wait so long to fix a problem that the truck had when I bought it. He said that Ford had notified the dealers that they want them to be alert for any quality control problems and the service department may not have realized that when they scheduled me so far in the future. He got me in earlier and now this is where we stand.

OP
OP

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The latest I have heard about when I can expect my truck to be repaired amounts to they have no idea. The service manager said he sent out an emergency part request and emailed some executIves from Ford. He received a reply from one of the that he would work on getting the necessary module from the assembly plant. we will supposedly have more of a timeline idea Monday. In the meantime I mentioned that I would rather be driving a truck loaner than the Explorer. The manager said he didn’t realize I was in an Explorer and told me to come in and exchange it for a truck. I ended up in a 2021 F150 STX. Obviously it is not nearly as optioned out as My Limited, but the biggest problem for me is it has no running boards. I’m not so young anymore and that is a big climb into the cab!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I thought the 11th digit of your VIN tells you + on my 2016 it was labeled inside the driver door area.
Sponsored