Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
What do we think are the odds of adding a six foot box option? Slim to none?
I was saying this on the original thread. Super Cab with 6.5' bed will use the same chassis as the Super Crew with a 5.5' bed.

6.5' Bed!! Please and Thank You

DKeena503

First Name
D A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford, 2017 Chevy
If Ford makes the F-150 Tremor package in a Supercrew, 5.0 coyote, with a 6.5 bed, then I’ll place an order right away! 5.5 boxes are just too small and impractical. The longer wheel base provides better stability, loaded or unloaded, towing or not. Virtually no difference with mpg. The only drawback would be a slightly wider turnaround radius.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
What do we think are the odds of adding a six foot box option? Slim to none?
i would say 10% chance, just because we never really know, but off-roading is all about a shorter wheelbase. I don’t see Ford wanting to offer the Tremor with a 6.5’ bed any time soon. Most people buy the 5.5’ bed anyways.

The fact that the Tremor will only come in 5.5’ lead me to get the King Ranch. I sure wish Ford made Tremor as a package instead of a trim. Oh well.

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If Ford makes the F-150 Tremor package in a Supercrew, 5.0 coyote, with a 6.5 bed, then I’ll place an order right away! 5.5 boxes are just too small and impractical. The longer wheel base provides better stability, loaded or unloaded, towing or not. Virtually no difference with mpg. The only drawback would be a slightly wider turnaround radius.
The other drawback would be break over angle, and that is a big hit on a truck targeted at the off-road market.

Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
Does the lariat sport grille look like cheap plastic to anyone else or is it just me?
I agree with you. However it appears that the Tremor grill is the Lariat Sport grill with the Active Orange accent color stripe in the center. Just the hood line changes with the Tremor hood someone pointed out in this thread (good eye on that one Power Kid). But I think it makes it look better. I personally want this beast.

6.5' BED

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
The different hood is Ford's passive aggressive way of telling the masses to stop putting Raptor grilles on your XL, XLT's, Lariat's, etc. :LOL:

Yea, but I have been quietly pondering a Tremor hood and grille for my XLT

Sponsored

metallikatz3

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tacoma
What's the speculation on the Ecoboost High Output that is in the first set of screen shots? Could the Tremor be getting the 3.5HO from the outgoing Raptor?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
What's the speculation on the Ecoboost High Output that is in the first set of screen shots? Could the Tremor be getting the 3.5HO from the outgoing Raptor?
I think it’ll be a “higher” output outgoing Raptor engine and I could have sworn I read something that says 500HP.

metallikatz3

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tacoma
That would be awesome if it did have more hp/tq than the 450/510 that the outgoing 2019 Raptor and Limited both had.

If the normal 3.5 ecoboost went from 375/470 in 2019 to 400/500 in 2021 it stands to reason that Ford upped the 3.5HO by the same amount to 475/540(ish). But this might put it too close to the Powerboost figures for the accountants....

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Based on the press release from Ford I think it’s getting the standard 3.5L V6.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...020/12/08/all-new-2021-ford-f-150-tremor.html

“Like every other F-150, Tremor uses a high-strength steel frame and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy body. It comes in SuperCrew configuration with a 5.5-foot box, 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission plus standard four-wheel drive.”

Fordtheriver

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
First screen shot is the tremor with the 400 series packages. Second photo is the raptor with the 800 series packages and the code orange color. Tremor is getting just the 3.5 eco.
Sponsored