Woo Hoo! Progress!

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Finally received my window sticker for truck ordered 10/6!
Nice! Curious on your build why do the tow package instead of tow tech, which would have got you 360* cameras and cost less? Unfortunately I don’t think the tow package nets you anything at all on a KR, but dealers don’t tell you that.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Nice! I forget, but why is your sticker green instead of blue?

OP
OP

mortgagemaniac

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 King Ranch, 2018 Expedition
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Nice! Curious on your build why do the tow package instead of tow tech, which would have got you 360* cameras and cost less? Unfortunately I don’t think the tow package nets you anything at all on a KR, but dealers don’t tell you that.
Houston we have a problem...thank you for pointing that out! It appears my dealership ordered it incorrectly. The order originally had Tow Technology but somehow now has Tow Package. I just didn't see it yesterday. I'm texting now but doubt they can change anything once VIN and window sticker are printed. Looks like I may be ordering and waiting again. 360 camera is a non-negotiable for me.

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Houston we have a problem...thank you for pointing that out! It appears my dealership ordered it incorrectly. The order originally had Tow Technology but somehow now has Tow Package. I just didn't see it yesterday. I'm texting now but doubt they can change anything once VIN and window sticker are printed. Looks like I may be ordering and waiting again. 360 camera is a non-negotiable for me.
Sorry that is the case. I am in a similar situation. I was getting tow package for the mirrors, then max tow because it was only $300 more, but now with the price increase (which is BS when they change something three months after you order and don't honor it) I am paying $2100 for tow mirrors, even with the difference of tow tech. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he is pricing a new order for me. Looks like I am starting over after four months of waiting. He estimated the new truck at 4-6 months because they have 32 ahead of me to be built and there are more commodity issues.

I was also told I had to wait until the invoice is generated to see if the $1500 chrome pack discount still applies... I am sick to my stomach over potentially being charged $2650 more than I was quoted originally because of Ford's delays (healthcare worker incentive also expired on me) , then getting gouged $2100 for tow mirrors in the process. Max tow actually limits my ability to tow a camper, because the payload rating is so low I can never get there pulling wise with the family in the cab.

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Sorry that is the case. I am in a similar situation. I was getting tow package for the mirrors, then max tow because it was only $300 more, but now with the price increase (which is BS when they change something three months after you order and don't honor it) I am paying $2100 for tow mirrors, even with the difference of tow tech. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he is pricing a new order for me. Looks like I am starting over after four months of waiting. He estimated the new truck at 4-6 months because they have 32 ahead of me to be built and there are more commodity issues.

I was also told I had to wait until the invoice is generated to see if the $1500 chrome pack discount still applies... I am sick to my stomach over potentially being charged $2650 more than I was quoted originally because of Ford's delays (healthcare worker incentive also expired on me) , then getting gouged $2100 for tow mirrors in the process. Max tow actually limits my ability to tow a camper, because the payload rating is so low I can never get there pulling wise with the family in the cab.
Do tow mirrors come with the package? I thought they didn't.....

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost

I never thought of asking the dealer how many trucks were ahead of me. 32 doesn't seem like much, but if you multiply that by the number of dealers out there (realizing that not all dealers have 32 trucks on customer order) + Stock trucks....holy moly! No wonder it's 4-6 months to get a truck.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
He estimated the new truck at 4-6 months because they have 32 ahead of me to be built and there are more commodity issues.
If I were you, I would also check with a few other dealers. If your dealer has 32 ahead of you and you need to wait 4-6 months your dealer could be low on allocation. Another dealer may have an allocation for a new order. The delay could be due to Ford plant commodities but I would check around to see if the story holds.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
If I were you, I would also check with a few other dealers. If your dealer has 32 ahead of you and you need to wait 4-6 months your dealer could be low on allocation. Another dealer may have an allocation for a new order. The delay could be due to Ford plant commodities but I would check around to see if the story holds.
Unfortunately that costs me yet another $1500 in tax credit for my trade that they took early with the 10-12 week lead time on my truck that hasn't been built yet and its been 16. They said they have allocations, and I could probably talk them into another priority 10 order with A plan which supposedly takes priority. The delay is commodity and backlog based.
Sponsored