Sponsored

Choosing Dearborn or Kansas City for your truck's production?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Hi Everyone, Maybe this is for Albert?

Is there a way that when you order, you can designate which factory can produce your truck? Might sound crazy but just curious, is all.

Hope your all doing well, so stay safe, and healthy!!

Fredm2002
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I don't believe so. I screenshot this production note from CurryBob. It quickly details which plant will handle certain build specifications....read down to "Plant Specific Content"

This doesn't list everything optionable.

Ford F-150 Choosing Dearborn or Kansas City for your truck's production? Screenshot 2021-01-13 210142

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m pretty certain there is no way to select your desired plant. Especially with how it seems they are all hands on deck trying to get production up to speed.

A few particular options will dictate which plant your truck will be built at. For instance, Guard Green is only available at the Claycomo plant, and Power Retractable Running Boards are only available in Dearborn (at least for the 2021 model year).

It is speculated that higher trim trucks get built out of Dearborn, however, I got a Lariat 502A with nearly every option box checked slated to be built out of Claycomo. I take this as a good sign they are trying get orders picked up as fast as possible.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The two above are exactly right.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I’m pretty certain there is no way to select your desired plant. Especially with how it seems they are all hands on deck trying to get production up to speed.

A few particular options will dictate which plant your truck will be built at. For instance, Guard Green is only available at the Claycomo plant, and Power Retractable Running Boards are only available in Dearborn (at least for the 2021 model year).

It is speculated that higher trim trucks get built out of Dearborn, however, I got a Lariat 502A with nearly every option box checked slated to be built out of Claycomo. I take this as a good sign they are trying get orders picked up as fast as possible.
Yep KR 600A is the highest trim that can be built in KC. But I assume that XL/XLT can still be built in Dearborn if the color permits and you dont get HDPP or 8' bed. Otherwise I don't see how Dearborn can stay full! The workhorse trims make up way more volume than upper trims...

Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I guess its a good thing I have a Dearborn built truck after this weekend lol

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I guess its a good thing I have a Dearborn built truck after this weekend lol
Not really... They announced temporary reduction from 3->1 shift in Dearborn, and 3->2 shifts in KC, for the next few weeks. This is due to chip supply being limited currently.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Yep KR 600A is the highest trim that can be built in KC. But I assume that XL/XLT can still be built in Dearborn if the color permits and you dont get HDPP or 8' bed. Otherwise I don't see how Dearborn can stay full! The workhorse trims make up way more volume than upper trims...
So your saying my KR 600A would be built in KC, but because of ‘plant specific’ it will be built in Michigan because of the PowerStroke?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So your saying my KR 600A would be built in KC, but because of ‘plant specific’ it will be built in Michigan because of the PowerStroke?
Correct!

Those 600A's sure are rare unless custom ordered... I did a dealer inventory search and expanded to 500 miles (spanning all of california and nevada and some oregon) and only 1 exists on dealer lots!

King Ranch in general is rare around here - only 30 in that 500 mile radius, and zero are hybrids. My KR powerboost is going to be a real unicorn!

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
I stayed away from the 601a because it’s full of things I don’t want. 20’ rims, power tailgate, Power running boards & massage seats. (We have them in a Navigator & I find it ‘awkward’)

The one thing I would have optioned is the Unleashed sound system, but it’s not that important to me for another $5300 because then it forces the chrome package that I absolutely don’t want.

Sponsored

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
I don't believe so. I screenshot this production note from CurryBob. It quickly details which plant will handle certain build specifications....read down to "Plant Specific Content"

This doesn't list everything optionable.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 210142.jpg
does this list continue? i’m curious to see where my truck will be built. haven’t received a vin or build date yet.

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
Hey Guys,
I am a sales manager for a Ford store here in CT.
Just so you know, you can in fact choose which plant you want to have build your F-150. However, it's not a 100% certain thing that it will in fact happen. As mentioned in a previous post, some options are designated to certain plants. I have attached a picture of a build , under "edit additional" you will see two tabs, one for dearborn and one for KC. You can click one of those off at time of order.

Thanks! I hope you all receive your trucks soon.

Bobby

Ford F-150 Choosing Dearborn or Kansas City for your truck's production? WBDO
Sponsored