• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Good morning,

We have received some information on the lightning for our "Wave 1" customers. For reference we have 134 reservations in the system. It sounds like roughly every couple of weeks there will be a new "wave" of orders initiated. From the impression I get, this is going to be a slow and deliberate process and not the mad "rush" of orders like the Bronco.

The first Wave for us produced 1 order to schedule. I am under the impression that most dealers received either 1 or 0 Lightning to schedule in the first wave. So those with orders will need to be patient. My guess is that your local dealer may not know quite how many they received yet, but it is available to us in a reporting section.

We do not have any information on total year allocation at this point. We didn't get any allocation number actually on this. Just informed of 1 Lightning for our first wave.

Zach
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Good morning,

We have received some information on the lightning for our "Wave 1" customers. For reference we have 134 reservations in the system. It sounds like roughly every couple of weeks there will be a new "wave" of orders initiated. From the impression I get, this is going to be a slow and deliberate process and not the mad "rush" of orders like the Bronco.

The first Wave for us produced 1 order to schedule. I am under the impression that most dealers received either 1 or 0 Lightning to schedule in the first wave. So those with orders will need to be patient. My guess is that your local dealer may not know quite how many they received yet, but it is available to us in a reporting section.

We do not have any information on total year allocation at this point. We didn't get any allocation number actually on this. Just informed of 1 Lightning for our first wave.

Zach
What??? You only get to order one in the first wave? What happened to the allocations, i.e. 100 orders get to order ten?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Ford graphic shows 6 waves. Divide by number of retail Lightnings for 2022 and that's about 2000. 2100 EV certified dealers so..... about 1 per dealer per wave. I'm #2 at my dealer so I guess I go second wave.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Guess there is no way you can check what other dealers are getting as far as wave 1?

The one person that got invited in wave one.. do you know what their time stamp was? (if you can share it that is)

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Thanks as always!

Any sense from you that dealers in other States would get bigger allocations?

E.g., my dealer is in California and has 700+ reservations. Seemingly one first wave allotment isn't going to make much of dent here ;)

Also, was the allotment tied to you as a dealer and reservation time stamp... Does this seemingly lessen the timestamp value?

Say, dealer #1 has only one reservation with a timestamp on 5/22.

Dealer #2 has 5 reservations, all with time stamps on 5/19.

So, dealer #1 customer is in a better place than the others at dealer #2?

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Ford graphic shows 6 waves. Divide by number of retail Lightnings for 2022 and that's about 2000. 2100 EV certified dealers so..... about 1 per dealer per wave. I'm #2 at my dealer so I guess I go second wave.
If we go by that logic, than I will be out for MY 2022 and might have a chance for MY 2023 since I am #10 in line at my dealership. However the latest news is that they plan on have ~80,000 trucks made for this MY.

"The Detroit automaker said Thursday that it plans to invest an additional $250 million and add 450 jobs across three Michigan facilities — including the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, which is building the truck — to double annual production capacity for the vehicle to 80,000 units. That’s up from 40,000 vehicles a year ago. "

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
If we go by that logic, than I will be out for MY 2022 and might have a chance for MY 2023 since I am #10 in line at my dealership. However the latest news is that they plan on have ~80,000 trucks made for this MY.

"The Detroit automaker said Thursday that it plans to invest an additional $250 million and add 450 jobs across three Michigan facilities — including the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, which is building the truck — to double annual production capacity for the vehicle to 80,000 units. That’s up from 40,000 vehicles a year ago. "
That is old news that you quoted. The 80,000/year was i believe for mid 2023, but that has since been doubled again to be 160,000. 2022MY looks to be only 2 quarters and it is production ramp-up so I wouldnt be surprised if it only 10-12k trucks.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Good morning,

Zach
Thanks much for sharing. While I was hoping you would get a few more in the first wave, slow and orderly is a good thing.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
What??? You only get to order one in the first wave? What happened to the allocations, i.e. 100 orders get to order ten?
I'm curious where you're getting this info from. I've not seen anywhere that said a dealer with 100 reservations would get allocated 10 trucks.

The only thing I've seen was that dealers had the opportunity to prioritize some reservations at their dealership (i.e. disregard the time stamps and move their friends and/or the highest bidder to the front of the line), and the number of prioritizations they got was tied to how many total reservations they had. However, it also explicitly stated that just because the dealership got to prioritize a certain number of reservations, that didn't guarantee the dealership would be allocated that many trucks for MY2022. For example, my dealership has 582 reservations in the system so they were able to prioritize the first 25 slots, but that doesn't mean they're guaranteed to get 25 MY2022 trucks.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Those are model year 2023 numbers - and were recently increased again to ~150k. Still no good numbers out on 2022 production

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Just found this:

https://www.newsweek.com/heres-when-youll-get-your-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-1665122

" Currently, production capacity stands at 75,000 F-150 Lightning models per year at Ford's Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan. A Ford representative confirmed to Newsweek that the company will be slowly ramping up production to that 75,000 mark. That's not an unusual process for a completely new model.
For the 2023 model year, Ford is targeting approximately 80,000 units per year capacity.
As the 2024 model year nears, in mid-2023, Ford expects to hit the announced 150,000 per year F-150 Lightning production level."

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m assuming they are using Wave #1 as a test run for ordering etc etc. Maybe we can expect more allocations for the next waves but all will first handful of waves will be delivered at the same time. If it’s only 1 per wave, then, it’s hilarious and might as well wait on a Rivian lol

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Guess there is no way you can check what other dealers are getting as far as wave 1?

The one person that got invited in wave one.. do you know what their time stamp was? (if you can share it that is)
My dealership also has over 100 Reservation and, like Granger, only one to convert in the first wave, I’m the Second on their list.

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
My dealership also has over 100 Reservation and, like Granger, only one to convert in the first wave, I’m the Second on their list.
Did they tell you that you are not in the first wave or how did you find this out?

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I guess that takes the pressure off in deciding whether or not I can afford an 80,000 dollar truck. At number 15 at my dealership, I should be in wave 3 of 2024.

I'm kidding, I know there is a ramp up. I reserved about 5 minutes into the presentation. I'm about 15 on the thousand or so people who have entered reservations on this site. I can only guess that my dealership is prioritizing a lot of people ahead of me.
Sponsored