Sponsored

Houston Thread (dealership/shop recco's, meet-up's, coding/modding, help, etc.)

PGPowerboost

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Financial Professional
Anyone have a tint place they would recommend? I’m really interested in the ceramic tint but I have lots of questions so I want a place that will take the time to explain different options in addition to doing high quality work. I’m in Richmond so west or southwest would be preferred. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I'm in Richmond as well, but I took the Mach-E all the way up to Executive Motor Sports on Gessner because I got some really good referrals from people I know.

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
I made a stupid mistake when ordering my exhaust, I got the MBRP pre axle "street" kit without realizing it doesn't fit on the regular cab short bed model. I ordered directly from MBRP but I'm hoping that someone knows a shop in town that sells MBRP kits. I'd like to talk to them and see if I can get something for it and buy the rear side exit. It looks like I can install that one with a resonator.

Luckily I didn't tear everything apart, just opened the box to see what the instructions said about cutting the pipe. It was pretty clear in the instructions that I wouldn't be able to use it, not sure how I missed it on the website.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
I've been looking at this one too. I like that it has a different style of release than just the pull cables. Also like the quad-fold design.
Installed the Leer HF650M Saturday in about 20 minutes. Fits good and I can close the tailgate without opening tonneau cover. Needs the sun to flatten out the rubber side seals. The latch system is easy to squeeze and folding and closing the cover is easier than the Bakflip. No drain hoses and doesn’t rest on the back window or block the 3rd brake light. Happy with the choice, but time is the will be the true test.

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
We are new to the Houston area; we lived 24 years in the DFW area previously. Are there Ford dealerships in the area that people trust, give honest and good prices, have dependable service departments - you know, all of the things that go into a dealership that you like to do business with. Thanks in advance, KGH
Had good luck with Gullo Ford in Conroe, that’s where I purchased my ‘21 Lariat. Can’t speak to the service department yet, as I haven’t had to bring it in for anything

Sponsored

FordTX31

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 BMW M3
Occupation
Engineer
Had good luck with Gullo Ford in Conroe, that’s where I purchased my ‘21 Lariat. Can’t speak to the service department yet, as I haven’t had to bring it in for anything
@houstongoose, can you share details on your deal? Did you buy it off the lot or order? If you ordered it, did they sell at dealer invoice? I heard Mac Haik Ford sells at invoice for orders, I’m waiting on a response from the dealer to confirm.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
@houstongoose, can you share details on your deal? Did you buy it off the lot or order? If you ordered it, did they sell at dealer invoice? I heard Mac Haik Ford sells at invoice for orders, I’m waiting on a response from the dealer to confirm.
I had an order in from Mac Haik and was 'told' that it would be sold at invoice. However a second order i had in at Tomball Ford came in earlier. They sold it to me at invoice.

Strengthrehab

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 STX
My order at Ryan Ford in Sealy was at invoice.

FordTX31

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 BMW M3
Occupation
Engineer
I had an order in from Mac Haik and was 'told' that it would be sold at invoice. However a second order i had in at Tomball Ford came in earlier. They sold it to me at invoice.
did Tomball force any add ons? Just got off a call with Gullo and they’re saying they add on tint and whee locks. About $500 worth of add ons…

Sponsored

Strengthrehab

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 STX

Strengthrehab

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 STX
did Tomball force any add ons? Just got off a call with Gullo and they’re saying they add on tint and whee locks. About $500 worth of add ons…
Tomball adds on stuff...reason why I'll never buy another truck for them and went somewhere else for my ordered 21.

FordTX31

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 BMW M3
Occupation
Engineer
Tomball adds on stuff...reason why I'll never buy another truck for them and went somewhere else for my ordered 21.
man, that’s not the first time I’ve heard bad things about those guys!

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
I ordered. I have X plan, so I can't comment on how they would have sold it otherwise. I know this - they aren't charging over sticker, which is more than you can say for most dealerships in the area right now. Ive seen 60K XLT's (w/o powerboost), 52K STX's, etc...

So for those of you out there with X plan, or other discount pricing, yes they will take it. Yes, they will also "lock in" financing. So if you see 0 percent during the time in which you're waiting for your truck, you can get that for when you take delivery.
Sponsored