First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Might be bad circuit cards. If that is the case, then I suspect Fords suppliers were rushing a bit too quickly to get boards out the door.
Hopefully that doesn’t impact long term reliability, but I am having my doubts now about these trucks.
Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Mine has done it twice and I have had it close to a month and a 1000 miles on it.

Jatsma

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
retired
My 302a screen has gone black and rebooted itself twice. I have 6,000 miles booked. Lose CarPlay and screws up the connection to phone. CarPlay ok after complete shutdown of truck and restart.

egap69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My scree started going black after the dealer did an APIM update. When it happens while driving I can get the screen to come back if I shift to neutral or if I press one of the dash light dimming buttons.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My scree started going black after the dealer did an APIM update. When it happens while driving I can get the screen to come back if I shift to neutral or if I press one of the dash light dimming buttons.
Good afternoon! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can look into this screen issue on my end?

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
My screen did the blackout thing today....did a soft reset.....power button and right seek and it came back.
See if its gonna continue

Enzo0515

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
My screen has been doing the same since October. Took it in October 14th, the dealer had it a week to tell me they had to replace the APIM and waiting for for Ford to authorize. Finally on November 10th they had approved the module but now they say there is no ship date. I'm convinced Ford has no idea what the problem is and if the APIM shows up it wont fix the problem. Now I'm 2 months in and still have a glitchy $75k truck.

Ford F-150 12 inch screen flicker on 2021 Platinum sync

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My screen has been doing the same since October. Took it in October 14th, the dealer had it a week to tell me they had to replace the APIM and waiting for for Ford to authorize. Finally on November 10th they had approved the module but now they say there is no ship date. I'm convinced Ford has no idea what the problem is and if the APIM shows up it wont fix the problem. Now I'm 2 months in and still have a glitchy $75k truck.

sync.jpg
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your full name and order number, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Im still 2 months and 7000 miles into waiting for a replacement screen as I drive with the 12" black hole of darkness. Funny thing is XM radio really wants me to subscribe after only able to use one month of their 3 month trial service LOL.

Last edited:

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
My screen does this as well. has happened probably 10 times by now. I have a video as well but not sure the dealer will/can do anything since its not easily repeatable. Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed?

Sponsored

Anth0ny909

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLY
Occupation
Mining
2021 XLT screen goes black all the time, got the truck in June, have to push the dimmer button to get it on, only does it in daytime, doesn’t do it at night time.

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
21 Lariat that I purchased in March. 6 k miles.

Screen has gone black twice this month. Radio still plays and after 10 - 15 minutes the screen returns to normal.

If you Google this topic
there are numerous complaints and how-to videos claiming to fix the issue.

mjs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
2021 F150 Platinum with 9k miles and same issue. Problems started with intermittent courtesy lights not coming when doors were opened.
Took it in for repair and during their troubleshooting the black screen issue started. They said it was a faulty BCM (body control module). Drove it home, the next morning a dead battery and screen goes black numerous times driving.
Take it back again, and after 1 1/2 weeks they replace the screen. Drive off the lot and screen goes black. Told to take it home and they‘ll contact support.
Next morning the battery is dead again…. Can’t even jump start This time. It’s now been over a week sitting at the dealer and still no answers. Beyond frustrating for a vehicle of this cost.
Has anyone experienced this same scenario with a actual fix?

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
2021 lariat. Same thing. Seems to happen most with day night mode transition. If I hold power and seek forward it fixes for a while.
Anyone have a fix? Or what to say when you take it in to make them listen?? I’m fully anticipating a “we couldn’t duplicate the problem”

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
2021 lariat. Same thing. Seems to happen most with day night mode transition. If I hold power and seek forward it fixes for a while.
Anyone have a fix? Or what to say when you take it in to make them listen?? I’m fully anticipating a “we couldn’t duplicate the problem”
Spoke with service manager at local dealership. He said this is an issue they have heard of and a new software update and service bulletin are out.
Sponsored