Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It will be interesting to see these with spy camo on them. One of the biggest things I like about the current Ford Ranger is its distinctively different than either the thirteenth or fourteenth generations F-150s, and looks good. I know it’s almost a decade old platform in the rest of the world, but I hope the new generation still retains its own styling.

I was very close to getting a new Ford Ranger when they brought them back. Great looking trucks, but I did not like the ride quality at all. Way too much body roll and bounciness in normal driving. I was actually surprised how much better and more solid the F-150 rode compared to the Ranger.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Cool.

For those that were wondering, this is why the current Raptor version of the Ranger didn’t come to the shores of the USA.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
It will be interesting to see these with spy camo on them. One of the biggest things I like about the current Ford Ranger is its distinctively different than either the thirteenth or fourteenth generations F-150s, and looks good. I know it’s almost a decade old platform in the rest of the world, but I hope the new generation still retains its own styling.

I was very close to getting a new Ford Ranger when they brought them back. Great looking trucks, but I did not like the ride quality at all. Way too much body roll and bounciness in normal driving. I was actually surprised how much better and more solid the F-150 rode compared to the Ranger.
Agreed. The 5th-gen Ranger is a very good-looking truck. Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for this new version as well. I see a lot of the current model in its side profile, so you just may get your wish for another good-looking Ranger. Hopefully Ford improves the ride quality and the interior design and features so they can once again get that edge over the competition.

BTW, does anyone see a pattern up until recently? Ford seems to be testing more prototypes for more future models than before. First, they were testing the Maverick truck, then it was the Fusion crossover, then it was the prototypes for the Explorer Timberline and King Ranch. Now it's the new Ranger. If this pattern continues, please, please, please let the next one be an S650 Mustang!!!

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Agreed. The 5th-gen Ranger is a very good-looking truck. Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for this new version as well. I see a lot of the current model in its side profile, so you just may get your wish for another good-looking Ranger. Hopefully Ford improves the ride quality and the interior design and features so they can once again get that edge over the competition.

BTW, does anyone see a pattern up until recently? Ford seems to be testing more prototypes for more future models than before. First, they were testing the Maverick truck, then it was the Fusion crossover, then it was the prototypes for the Explorer Timberline and King Ranch. Now it's the new Ranger. If this pattern continues, please, please, please let the next one be an S650 Mustang!!!
There will be a new Mustang in 2023 so keep an eye out for prototypes.

I’ve heard rumors that the next Mustang will be AWD.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford