• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Day one reservation holder. I've bought 6 new Fords in the last 10 years and Currently have a 2019 SuperCrew FX4 Eco, and a 2020 Exploder in the driveway. Screw me by prioritizing "preferred" customers over my reservation date too much and I'll replace the Explorer with a Model Y instead.
That'll show 'em
Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I stayed with my local dealer. I didn’t jump ship even when I was told I could save thousands of dollars. I still may not get a Lightning but at least I live in a ZEN state where my odds of getting one are a bit better. I truly hope Farley and company can find a way to build more trucks even if he has to build them in “Tents”. Good luck my fellow forum members, I hope all gets the truck they desire.
Yeah, same here. My local small town dealer guaranteed me I’ll only pay MSRP, and I think that’s fair. Gotta support your neighbors!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Is it even possible/sensible to move a reservation at this point?
Possible? Maybe, but they had to lock in prioritization.

Sensible? Much less likely.

Ford gave Chapman 25 prioritization slots, but probably <5 actual trucks.

So, dealers who used prioritization could bump even the person with worldwide reservation #1 by YEARS. That person might be lucky to get a 1st Gen Lightning BEV if their dealer prioritized a bunch of other reservations (that are also allowed to be fake) ahead of them.

Completely scummy of Ford to let dealers completely negate the reservation system entirely after pretending all along that it was meaningful.

And on top of that, they screw over the good dealers like Chapman, Granger, etc.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I had to Google what a ZEV state was and that just sounds like total BS that those states will get preference. I'm in Texas and we aren't one of those either.
You need to voice your disappointment to the Texas State Legislature.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If the ZEV stuff turns out to be true, I'll definitely have to move on from 1st gen. I waited too late to reserve so anywhere I move to I'll be at a huge disadvantage. I get why they'd do it but damn would it hurt.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Previous Post:

The over 50% to ZEV states is not surprising as over 50% of reservations were from those. Perhaps the 10,000 means the number of units going to non-ZEV states?

UPDATE:
I stand corrected. According to 10-15 Reservation List Chart the 12 ZEV States (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington) comprised about 38% on our list.

https://www.currentautomotive.com/what-is-a-zev-credit-and-how-does-tesla-make-money-with-them/

"What is a ZEV Credit and how does Tesla make money with them?"

"The 12 ZEV States mandate that a certain percentage of each manufacturer’s yearly sales must be made up of zero emissions vehicles, measured with ZEV Credits. There are a number of different clean vehicle technologies the regulation rewards, but the two most notable categories are Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs), which include battery electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles, and Transitional Zero Emission Vehicles (TZEVs), which includes plug-in hybrids."

"ZEV Credits are earned when manufacturers sell such vehicles in ZEV states. Counterintuitively, one sale does not equal one credit. Instead, ZEV Credits are awarded based on the type and range of the vehicle sold. ZEVs are worth more than TZEVs and long range vehicles are worth more than short range ones. This method ultimately encourages automakers to build long range electric vehicles over anything else, though short range EVs are useful if an automaker doesn’t have a long range EV platform."

In 2020 Tesla earned about $3,000 in credits for each car sold in CA.

This explains why Ford would want to shift as many sales as possible to ZEV states.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I believe the Commonwealth of Virginia became a ZEV state with legislation signed by Gov. Northampton earlier this year. The Commonwealth now has to develop its regulations.

According to the Maryland Department of the Environment website, Delaware and Pennsylvania are clean car states as well. PA‘s legislation was adopted in 2006 and effective with the 2008 model year while DE’s regulation was adopted in 2010 with an effective model year of 2014.

Last edited:

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
If I were in charge of Lightning Marketing and Ordering.................I Would.........

Allocate at least 1 to Each Dealer in every state in the first wave
(Should still skew towards ZEV states)

Allocate all #1 Priorities and all very very low reserve time/date stamps in the first or second wave
(Each wave is in 2 week segments)

Allocate lowest date/time stamps in order from waves then on

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Never heard of ZEV before this but I guess since it seems to benefit me (Connecticut buyer) I'll take it? :)

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Never heard of ZEV before this but I guess since it seems to benefit me (Connecticut buyer) I'll take it? :)
I can live without it thanks. If you look at cost of living per state ZEV states, well, there is an inverse relationship there.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I can live without it thanks. If you look at cost of living per state ZEV states, well, there is an inverse relationship there.
Yea, In CO I get reminded every year when I pay for my vehicle tags, $700+ for my PB when NM is just $59 bucks.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I don't argue that but I'm stuck here so I might as well take advantage ;)
Sponsored