• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Update: don't forget that there are still honest MSRP dealers out there -- see List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup)

Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you. Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealers asking for $5K - $30K ADM markup on 2022 F150 Lightning! rodman-ford

If you thought $5K ADM was a lot check Koons Falls Church asking for $30K over MSRP!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealers asking for $5K - $30K ADM markup on 2022 F150 Lightning! 268148817_10105953329262559_8328087699247807232_n
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Credit to them being up front and clear. $5k not bad especially if you’re someone with the scratch for Lariat or higher. (I’m Pro or nothing)
So they’re giving you the opportunity to look around with time to spare. And if they’re putting it down on paper, maybe not the worst offer you’ll see.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you.

Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

rodman-ford.jpg
I suppose if all 200 of you were able to coordinate a "No, we do not agree to pay an ADM and we do not agree to be removed from the reservation list," would they then be able to offer the 20 orders to people without reservations?

Snickerdoodle

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales

rodman-ford.jpg
From what I believe I know, Dealers are choosing which orders to be placed. Its not By Reservation date etc... I honestly do not believe that 5K over MSRP is that ridiculous right now, especially considering if you are one of those 10% selected you could probably turn around and sell it the same day you receive it for 10K over MSRP

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
I understand the anger at paying more than retail but plenty of you would welcome a bidding war on the real estate price on your home.

I also bet that you will be able to drive your new truck for a year and then have many bid at least $5,000 or more for it used at a time there are still no new ones to be had. I just sold a 3 year old 3/4 truck for more than I had in it.

Sponsored

Rollingblock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 f150, 01 F250, 2012 Mustang
Credit to them being up front and clear. $5k not bad especially if you’re someone with the scratch for Lariat or higher. (I’m Pro or nothing)
So they’re giving you the opportunity to look around with time to spare. And if they’re putting it down on paper, maybe not the worst offer you’ll s

rodman-ford.jpg
If they had originally stated they were no markup or adm I'd tell them where to stick it. Find a dealer that isn't a thief and switch, I don't give a damn what the times are right now.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
I suppose if all 200 of you were able to coordinate a "No, we do not agree to pay an ADM and we do not agree to be removed from the reservation list," would they then be able to offer the 20 orders to people without reservations?
Dealer here:

No, Ford did a great job of making it difficult for dealers to get vehicles without customer consent. It will be impossible to order a Lightning without a reservation and customer consent. Could they sweet talk a customer into giving them their reservation, sure, but customer still needs to be involved.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I understand the anger at paying more than retail but plenty of you would welcome a bidding war on the real estate price on your home.

I also bet that you will be able to drive your new truck for a year and then have many bid at least $5,000 or more for it used at a time there are still no new ones to be had. I just sold a 3 year old 3/4 truck for more than I had in it.
True on the house bidding war. But we are talking about a home builder you paid to build a house suddenly jacking up their price before you can take ownership.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
From what I believe I know, Dealers are choosing which orders to be placed. Its not By Reservation date etc... I honestly do not believe that 5K over MSRP is that ridiculous right now, especially considering if you are one of those 10% selected you could probably turn around and sell it the same day you receive it for 10K over MSRP
Dealer here:

Dealers get to change the order of 25 reservations (if they have over 100 reservations). That includes taking people from out of their state and bumping them so they can help local customers. It is entirely up to them. Ford will take the order into account but their verbiage was somewhat vague.

Also, whoever wrote that customer communication does not understand the situation with production. Just because you get prioritized does not mean you will get a 2022. Ford is silent on 2022 production stating only that 2023 production will be around 80,000 units.

Sponsored

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Dealer here:

Dealers get to change the order of 25 reservations (if they have over 100 reservations). That includes taking people from out of their state and bumping them so they can help local customers. It is entirely up to them. Ford will take the order into account but their verbiage was somewhat vague.

Also, whoever wrote that customer communication does not understand the situation with production. Just because you get prioritized does not mean you will get a 2022. Ford is silent on 2022 production stating only that 2023 production will be around 80,000 units.
Im getting the cold shoulder from my day one reservation dealership. Called the other one in town. They told me there will be no ADM and no prioritization, but that if I switch to them I will get moved to the back of the line. Are they able to do this?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
No, Ford did a great job of making it difficult for dealers to get vehicles without customer consent. It will be impossible to order a Lightning without a reservation and customer consent. Could they sweet talk a customer into giving them their reservation, sure, but customer still needs to be involved.
I guess this means that time stamps are completely arbitrary.

Could someone who placed a reservation on the last possible day be prioritized before someone who made a reservation on the first minute of the first day?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I messaged my dealer today, and he said he knew nothing of prioritization allotments, but knew of the wave system and said I should be in the first wave of orders.

Dealer is no adm, hopefully they are ignoring the prioritization so the guy I was talking with didn't know anything about it.

I'm #3 of around 700 reservations.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Dealer is no adm, hopefully they are ignoring the prioritization so the guy I was talking with didn't know anything about it.
I'm hoping that my dealer didn't read the memo about the prioritization scheme.

Update: I called my dealer and I was told that Ford hasn't given them any updates on the ordering process. Maybe they didn't read the memo, LOL.

Last edited:

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Reply to RalpL: No, only people that had a reservation in by December 1st will be invited to order.
Sponsored