Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I thought I would share this as some insight into what is getting scheduled and what is causing delays for the 2022 F-150s. This is based upon our retail orders and our total order count exceeds 100 units. So this is a good sample size of orders and should indicate what the delays are nationally.

Pros

Tremors
- After the long delay, 100% of our Tremors will have vins as of today!
Limited - Suprisingly, 100% of our Limited trucks will have vins today as well!
Total Production - Overall 2022 has gone much smoother than 2021. I think this is a reflection of Ford having a better handle on the chip shortage and a realistic idea on flow of chips for production. While it isn't what anyone would like it to be, i believe manufacturers have a better grasp on what is going on.

Cons

Platinum
- These F-150s are our highest demand trim, this combined with the high chip demand has caused this to be our slowest scheduling F-150 with only 12.5% of our overall Platinum demand receiving VINs as of this morning. I would encourage you to step up to a Limited as there seems to be less demand if you'd like to get a nicely equiipped truck more quickly. The other option would be to step down to a 502A F-150 without the Black apperance package.
XLT & Lariat Black Appearance Package - This is on material hold currently. I don't have an ETA for when this will get scheduled, but this is not available ASAP.

XL - 100% Scheduled
XLT - 100% Scheduled (Excluding Black Appearance Package)
Tremor - 100% Scheduled
Lariat 95% Scheduled (Excluding Black Appearance Package)
King Ranch - 10% Scheduled
Platinum - 12.5% Scheduled
Limited - 100% Scheduled

* No XLT, Lariat or Platinum Black Apperance Packages have been scheduled

As a reminder, we are placing new F-150 orders at 3% Under invoice with a $180 doc fee.
Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
I thought I would share this as some insight ...
Zach - Thank you again for sharing info like this. When you post such info, it sets you apart from others and hopefully leads to more business for your company. (That and the positive experience postings Granger has gotten on here.)

Do you see any issues with delivery of your Platinums with VINs and scheduled dates? Mine has slipped to 12/13 from 11/29 and the Ford tracker is down and no window sticker as yet through Mach E (I do know I'm slightly more than 10 days out from the build week). Just nervous I guess to get another date slip call, so looking for another data point (or points) for comparison.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Zach - Thank you again for sharing info like this. When you post such info, it sets you apart from others and hopefully leads to more business for your company. (That and the positive experience postings Granger has gotten on here.)

Do you see any issues with delivery of your Platinums with VINs and scheduled dates? Mine has slipped to 12/13 from 11/29 and the Ford tracker is down and no window sticker as yet through Mach E (I do know I'm slightly more than 10 days out from the build week). Just nervous I guess to get another date slip call, so looking for another data point (or points) for comparison.
I'm happy to help. I wouldn't think a platinum with a vin should be changed. My understanding is when Ford schedules a vehicle they believe they will have the commodities to build that vehicle at the scheduled to week. Now issues certainly pop up, but that is what they anticipate when they schedule a vehicle.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm happy to help. I wouldn't think a platinum with a vin should be changed. My understanding is when Ford schedules a vehicle they believe they will have the commodities to build that vehicle at the scheduled to week. Now issues certainly pop up, but that is what they anticipate when they schedule a vehicle.
Thanks for confirming that Zach. Much appreciated. Hope we can do business some day.

First Name
Frank Bartella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I thought I would share this as some insight into what is getting scheduled and what is causing delays for the 2022 F-150s. This is based upon our retail orders and our total order count exceeds 100 units. So this is a good sample size of orders and should indicate what the delays are nationally.

Pros

Tremors
Total Production - Overall 2022 has gone much smoother than 2021. I think this is a reflection of Ford having a better handle on the chip shortage and a realistic idea on flow of chips for production. While it isn't what anyone would like it to be, i believe manufacturers have a better grasp on what is going on.

Cons

Platinum
- These F-150s are our highest demand trim, this combined with the high chip demand has caused this to be our slowest scheduling F-150 with only 12.5% of our overall Platinum demand receiving VINs as of this morning. I would encourage you to step up to a Limited as there seems to be less demand if you'd like to get a nicely equiipped truck more quickly. The other option would be to step down to a 502A F-150 without the Black apperance package.
XLT & Lariat Black Appearance Package - This is on material hold currently. I don't have an ETA for when this will get scheduled, but this is not available ASAP.

XL - 100% Scheduled
Tremor - 100% Scheduled
Limited - 100% Scheduled

As a reminder, we are placing new F-150 orders at 3% Under invoice with a $180 doc fee.

Pros

Tremors

Cons

Platinum

XL - 100% Scheduled
Tremor - 100% Scheduled
Limited - 100% Scheduled

Sponsored

First Name
Frank Bartella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I ordered mine 2022 F150 in Space White on Oct. 29 2021. I haven't got anything from the dealer yet. Will build start soon or next build cycle?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I ordered mine 2022 F150 in Space White on Oct. 29 2021. I haven't got anything from the dealer yet. Will build start soon or next build cycle?
January 6th is the next chance to get a VIN.

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Because I ordered space white, would that color delay the build even more?
Space white trucks are exclusive to the KC plant. I don’t think the color would delay the build, I ordered a space white Lariat 502a on 10/08, recieved a VIN on 11/19, scheduled for a build week of 1/24. The dealer may not contact you when you get scheduled, did you check with them?

First Name
Frank Bartella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Space white trucks are exclusive to the KC plant. I don’t think the color would delay the build, I ordered a space white Lariat 502a on 10/08, recieved a VIN on 11/19, scheduled for a build week of 1/24. The dealer may not contact you when you get scheduled, did you check with them?
I called on Friday, but the dealer had just closed when he called me back. I asked him for the dealership number and order number, I'm going to call again on Tuesday to start getting things moving. I ordered the truck on 10/29 and still haven't heard anything. I have a potential buyer for my truck now and I don't want anything major to happen to it before I sell it.

Sponsored

First Name
Frank Bartella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I called on Friday, but the dealer had just closed when he called me back. I asked him for the dealership number and order number, I'm going to call again on Tuesday to start getting things moving. I ordered the truck on 10/29 and still haven't heard anything. I have a potential buyer for my truck now and I don't want anything major to happen to it before I sell it.
I just want some kind of status update so I have an idea.

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
January 6th is the next chance to get a VIN.
What dates do they assign vins. I check back the forums and my emails every single day waiting for my VIN. If you could give me a list of dates in which they assign VINS, I would only check during those dates. Thanks!

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What dates do they assign vins. I check back the forums and my emails every single day waiting for my VIN. If you could give me a list of dates in which they assign VINS, I would only check during those dates. Thanks!
Trucks are scheduled for build weeks/days on Thursdays, except when they are not working, or the schedule is full. So generally build movement, including VINS, occur Thursday/Friday. I've usually checked on Saturdays.

This thread will give you scheduling notes for the NY region, which may or may not be indicative of all regions:
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=5
(note the page number of the thread - it will change as time goes on - so skip to the bottom and work up).

The next day for scheduling of F150 builds is set for 1/6 (unless there's a note excluding it).

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
Trucks are scheduled for build weeks/days on Thursdays, except when they are not working, or the schedule is full. So generally build movement, including VINS, occur Thursday/Friday. I've usually checked on Saturdays.

This thread will give you scheduling notes for the NY region, which may or may not be indicative of all regions:
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=5
(note the page number of the thread - it will change as time goes on - so skip to the bottom and work up).

The next day for scheduling of F150 builds is set for 1/6 (unless there's a note excluding it).
This is good to know, I guess Ford has been shut down for the holidays but hopefully I get a VIN this Thursday
Sponsored