OP
OP
Orlando150

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Bought my truck August 4th, have no received a single update, nor am I able to see what version I am on. Even Oasis has nothing. Just says this:
1637267547679.png

What gives? Everyone on here is talking about what version they're on, and I'm just over here hoping to see something, anything...
Is it because I've used Forscan to change a couple things?
There doesn't seem to be a way to check which "PowerUp" version you have currently because PowerUp is a just a collection of updates to multiple systems. And each of those systems could have different version numbers. The only way to tell is when you do get an update it will say in the app and on Sync and then you just remember. Or you can check if specific new features have been added. For example "SecuiAlert" which I think was 1.4 or "Apple Maps Nav in dash" for 1.7.1.

Depending on your build date you may have already received previous updates at the factory so there would not be an OTA history. You could just be in the queue for 1.7.1 to be pushed to you.
Sponsored

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
There doesn't seem to be a way to check which "PowerUp" version you have currently because PowerUp is a just a collection of updates to multiple systems. And each of those systems could have different version numbers. The only way to tell is when you do get an update it will say in the app and on Sync and then you just remember. Or you can check if specific new features have been added. For example "SecuiAlert" which I think was 1.4 or "Apple Maps Nav in dash" for 1.7.1.

Depending on your build date you may have already received previous updates at the factory so there would not be an OTA history. You could just be in the queue for 1.7.1 to be pushed to you.
Oh cool, I don't have SecuriAlert either, so learning about yet another update feature that I don't have on my 70k truck. Getting fed up with this supposed over the air support.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I got 1.7.1 finally a few days ago. Then today just got the notification that I can install 2.1.0!

By the way it still tells me which OTA version I have last updated to in the Software Updates section (2nd photo).

I have automatic updates switched off, so I can be notified.

Ford F-150 Power-up 1.7.1 OTA Installed 1637292222413

Ford F-150 Power-up 1.7.1 OTA Installed 1637292243051

OP
OP
Orlando150

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I got 1.7.1 finally a few days ago. Then today just got the notification that I can install 2.1.0!

By the way it still tells me which OTA version I have last updated to in the Software Updates section (2nd photo).

I have automatic updates switched off, so I can be notified.

1637292222413.jpeg

1637292243051.jpeg
It won't say if you haven't received any updates like the poster above. Also updates can be out of order (I got 1.6 about 2 weeks before 1.4) and it will only show the last one.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
My truck updated to 2.1 today. Unfortunately, with that update, my access to certain modules in Forscan have been removed. Like, the IPC module disappeared entirely.

Sponsored

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
1.7.1 is strictly an APIM (Sync4) update it will have no effect on the driving dynamics.
Each power-up seems to only target a specific module for the time being.
I still think we can enable the cameras with so as-built mods after receiving this update.
I can't confirm until I actually receive it
I got 2.1.0 today and still can’t view cameras over 5 mph.

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Are you guys getting these updates setting a schedule for automatic updates? I have yet to get a single update.

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are you guys getting these updates setting a schedule for automatic updates? I have yet to get a single update.
I have a schedule set.. but these last two updates I got were installed completely on a different day then what I have it set for.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Picked up my truck in March. I still have not received a single OTA update that I am aware of.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I did get the 1.7 update version on my EB Lariat (Purch Feb). Finally. After reading everyone here talking about updates - was beginning to wonder. All I notice so far is that I no longer see album covers on the radio screen when playing off USB like I used to (and liked). Instead some generic icon. Way to go ford, nice improvement. One would think it would be great PR for Ford to release a comprehensive list of what an update actually updated, so we can see how "hard they work to continually improve our vehicle". Like letting us decide to keep the generator off as a default so those fans aren't always on under the back seat, or tweaking the camera(s) to be used more effectively like we really want.

Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
So I got the update yesterday. Went smooth and CarPlay in center stack is a nice add thanks Ford. But, Ford I do have one question? You can send this update but you can’t send the Blue Cruise update? As I have said previously my guess is they won’t ever send the BC update. The truck will be well over a year old many will have sold or traded the truck (me) and Ford won’t give 2 shits I will never buy a Ford again.
Shakes head as a poor that can't get any update and has buggy radio that will not connect to Iphone 1/2 the time...

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Finally got 1.7.1 today. Aside from the directions in the instrument cluster and the "navigation suggestions" which were already there, has anybody noticed any differences? Are people typically getting 2.1.0 shortly after 1.7.1? From what I've been reading, that's kind of how it sounds.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I finally got the notification in FordPass that 1.7.1 was ready to be downloaded to my truck. Go out to my truck, nothing. Leave it outside where it has both cell and wifi connection overnight. Next day, nothing. No indication that it has updated, but the message is now gone from FordPass and there is no mention of it in the message center.

Also as an added bonus, the option for Automatic Updates has turned itself off, and will not turn back on again. When pressed, it clicks but does nothing. So not only did it not update, it now appears to have broken the option to auto update!

Yay Ford Power-up updates! I have an appointment on the 13th.
Sponsored