Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Is yours on the stiffer side as well?
No not at all. Mine rides so much better than stock. But my tires have a little something to do with that. I went a little more tame on this truck. They aren't overly aggressive but still preform very well in the sand when I need them to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
No not at all. Mine rides so much better than stock. But my tires have a little something to do with that. I went a little more tame on this truck. They aren't overly aggressive but still preform very well in the sand when I need them to.
Nice! What is the reason you’re dropping down to a lower height setting then?

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Nice! What is the reason you’re dropping down to a lower height setting then?
My truck only went up about 1.25" after settling. I want to be closer to the 2.5" mark. Each notch on the Bilstein's is about 0.25." So if I go down to the 2nd notch and add a 2" spacer lift that should get me there. Anything over 2.5" gets a bit sketchy without adding in longer upper control arms.

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
My truck only went up about 1.25" after settling. I want to be closer to the 2.5" mark. Each notch on the Bilstein's is about 0.25." So if I go down to the 2nd notch and add a 2" spacer lift that should get me there. Anything over 2.5" gets a bit sketchy without adding in longer upper control arms.
That's strange, I set mine at the 2.1 setting and it looks like its an exact level or maybe even a tad bit nose high as you can see on the first pic on post#25. It might just be my camera angle though.

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Also if you're going that route I have a ready lift 2.25 spacer I can ship to you if you don't mind dropping down to the first setting.

Sponsored

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Also if you're going that route I have a ready lift 2.25 spacer I can ship to you if you don't mind dropping down to the first setting.
I might take you up on that offer. I was thinking that maybe mine wasn't as high because I bought it for a 2020 and they still haven't released it for a 2021 yet.
How much are you looking to get for your 2.25? and where are you located at?

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I might take you up on that offer. I was thinking that maybe mine wasn't as high because I bought it for a 2020 and they still haven't released it for a 2021 yet.
How much are you looking to get for your 2.25? and where are you located at?
I’m located in Los Angeles, California and I can do $100 plus shipping cost (y)

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I’m located in Los Angeles, California and I can do $100 plus shipping cost (y)
I will have to pass. But thanks for letting me know.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Guys, what do you think about going with ready-lift 3.5 sst lift kit while also adding in bill-stein 6112 on their lowest setting. That would give 3.5 inch lift with solid high performing front end shocks. No one i’ve seen has done that, but i am wondering if there is any prohibitive reason to get it done. The kit is designed for stock shocks and springs but i wonder what could be wrong replacing it with billsteins 6112.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Hey guys just to give an update on my feedback, I recently swapped out my stock 18inch wheels and 295/70/18 nitto ridge grappler tires to some raptor 17 inch take offs with BF Goodrich KO2s 315/70/17 and this new set up is perfect! Having the Bilsteins at the highest 2.1 setting meant the springs were at the most aggressive preload and made the suspension feel very firm. Not harsh at all but very firm, especially with the stiff E rated tires. Now that I swapped to softer C rated tires and the tires have some flex to them the ride feels so much better! It absorbs small bumps smoother now and feels very plush and comfortable. Both sets were at 38 psi for reference. Also at the highest 2.1 setting my truck looks perfectly level with almost no rake at all, I will try to get exact measurements soon. My suggestion/advice would be to run the 1.75 setting to leave some rake and slightly more comfortable ride as well as choosing a C, D, or E rated tire depending on how firm you like your ride with C being the softest and E the firmest. Hope this helps! For the money this suspension is awesome and I am extremely happy with the ride.