Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I decided to stick it out and wait for the BAP Platinum. I really prefer the interior of the Plat over the Lariat Sport and also don't want to deal with removing all of the chrome (especially the tailgate badge). I've been waiting to buy a new truck for 5 years so what's another 6-9 months right. :)
I said something similar a couple weeks ago and reversed pretty quick ;)

Good on you if you can wait, it’ll be a good looking truck!
Sponsored

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
A number of us changed our orders about a week ago to remove the black appearance package and got scheduled today. So especially with priority 2, I’d expect yours to get scheduled pretty quick!
I am really hesitant to cancel the BAP. I am hoping once the Kansas plant is open. Thoughts??

targas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 F250
I put an order in last weekend for a plat with BAP, I knew it delayed the build but I didn’t realize by how long, but I’m going to wait it out…..

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Thoughts??
I am a ‘21 KCAP owner so maybe I haven’t heard the latest, but I think the plant ( in Kansas City Missouri BTW) is up and running but still building ‘21s for a few more weeks. Also last I heard if you want a ‘22 BAP it will be a summer ‘22 ride. If you need your truck before that, ditch the BAP from your order.

Not Sure

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Print
I am really hesitant to cancel the BAP. I am hoping once the Kansas plant is open. Thoughts??
Mine is scheduled to be built in KC the week of 12/20, after recently removing the BAP.

If you want the BAP, it’ll be worth the wait.

Sponsored

Mitch42

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 ram 1500 21 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
auto repair
I wish we could get a little more info on how long it will be before BAP will be available

Not Sure

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Print
I wish we could get a little more info on how long it will be before BAP will be available
To summarize everything in this thread:

Ford told dealers it'll become available late Q2 (May-June), so my dealer said to expect those trucks to arrive in mid-summer.

Assuming it doesn't become available sooner, or get pushed back, you're looking at a 6-9 month wait.

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I am jealous guys. I called me dealer and asked them to remove the BAP.

BuddyT

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 BAP PB
I said something similar a couple weeks ago and reversed pretty quick ;)

Good on you if you can wait, it’ll be a good looking truck!
I haven't had a "car" payment for while so I'm ok with saving the $1K/mo for another 9 months to add to that down payment...orrrrr maybe buy a boat too? ?

I'm sure my wife would totally support that idea...right? :sneaky:

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I haven't had a "car" payment for while so I'm ok with saving the $1K/mo for another 9 months to add to that down payment...orrrrr maybe buy a boat too? ?

I'm sure my wife would totally support that idea...right? :sneaky:
My wife actually tried applying that logic to justify waiting for delivery with the black appearance package. 5-7 months of no payments and reduced insurance going down to one vehicle. I'm clearly just too impatient and want this thing right away! :LOL:

Sponsored

Not Sure

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Print
My dealer just sent me a text that said “Ford has locked in a build day, 12/21”. I asked if that date ever moved, and he said when you have a scheduled week, it can get pushed forward or back, but once the DAY is locked it, he’s never seen it move.

I’m glad I deleted the BAP. Honestly, after seeing the pictures, I no longer care. The sport pkg gets rid of the chrome (most important to me), and I’m not a huge fan of leather in the summer either. Especially black. Leather is nice and all, but I’m not willing to wait 6-9 months just for that.

Not a fan of body-side decals either.

Anyway, I hope we all get our trucks on time. ?

dhall

First Name
Drue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Ordered a 22 Platinum fully loaded Powerboost with the BAP, like the first day orders could be submitted. Dealership called me and my order is a priority 2 now (was a 19). No idea on build date, but they say around February build date now.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I talked with my dealer who told me my Platinum with BAP was delayed not from the BAP but from the spray in liner and the wheel well liners.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I talked with my dealer who told me my Platinum with BAP was delayed not from the BAP but from the spray in liner and the wheel well liners.
If you take a look at some of the build week threads, there are a lot going through right now with spray-in bed liners and wheel well liners. I don't have any information other than what we've seen in these forums to back up my skepticism, but I'm not sure your dealer is correct on this.