First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
That is SWEEEET! I started with a star white platinum order before switching to KR and I gotta say that is a beauty! We're definitely headed for about 4 days of rain though so it will get washed for sure.

Curious as to the excitement for heated steering wheel. How many days a year do you need that in Sac? You must park it outside? I don't think I've ever thought that the wheel was cold (though I have never had that feature).

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
That is SWEEEET! I started with a star white platinum order before switching to KR and I gotta say that is a beauty! We're definitely headed for about 4 days of rain though so it will get washed for sure.

Curious as to the excitement for heated steering wheel. How many days a year do you need that in Sac? You must park it outside? I don't think I've ever thought that the wheel was cold (though I have never had that feature).
It is a sweet truck!
The steering wheel is nice for me when I finish snow boarding more than anything. Same goes for the heated and massaging seats!!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
It is a sweet truck!
The steering wheel is nice for me when I finish snow boarding more than anything. Same goes for the heated and massaging seats!!
Ah yes, snow! That's why they say sacramento is perfect - we're less than 2 hours from anything good!

I took another look while at the dealer and the 2 inverters under the backseat. Those interior plugs are both rated 20A, and so is the bed. So WHY IS THERE STILL A 400W INVERTER UNDER THE 40% SEAT???

The only wild thing I can think of is the 2kW is for GENERATOR mode (engine running) but the 400W is able to run on 12V DC? That would mean the plugs have to have both routed and have some kind of relay to not backpower the other one, which seems to add a lot of unnecessary complexity.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on your thread, loved the walkthrough!

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agree on the ont touch down on the window, I drive a 2014 Fusion I got for $9k and it has that so its an oof... no biggie.

I completely agree on the infotainment being much faster in real life than in camera. I havent had gotten my truck yet, but on a Lariat I got to play with, it felt quite good. I hold my tech standards very very high, but I will say that Sync 4 is... "good" not great but I doubt I will notice after 2 months.

I hated the steering wheel at first glance but after playing with the Lariat as mentioned above it quickly grew on me.... MAN I WANT MY TRUCK SO BAD

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ah yes, snow! That's why they say sacramento is perfect - we're less than 2 hours from anything good!

I took another look while at the dealer and the 2 inverters under the backseat. Those interior plugs are both rated 20A, and so is the bed. So WHY IS THERE STILL A 400W INVERTER UNDER THE 40% SEAT???

The only wild thing I can think of is the 2kW is for GENERATOR mode (engine running) but the 400W is able to run on 12V DC? That would mean the plugs have to have both routed and have some kind of relay to not backpower the other one, which seems to add a lot of unnecessary complexity.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on your thread, loved the walkthrough!
How many plugs are in the bed? If there is only one I don’t think that is pro power on board. There should be two outlets in the back at minimum.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I agree on the ont touch down on the window, I drive a 2014 Fusion I got for $9k and it has that so its an oof... no biggie.

I completely agree on the infotainment being much faster in real life than in camera. I havent had gotten my truck yet, but on a Lariat I got to play with, it felt quite good. I hold my tech standards very very high, but I will say that Sync 4 is... "good" not great but I doubt I will notice after 2 months.

I hated the steering wheel at first glance but after playing with the Lariat as mentioned above it quickly grew on me.... MAN I WANT MY TRUCK SO BAD
The windows are baffling to me. But so far I’m loving sync 4. It’s definitely beat my expectations, even though they were a little low coming from sync three. Wireless CarPlay works amazing. In the steering wheel probably is my favorite part of the interior updates. The adaptive steering is taking some getting used to. I think I can say with certainty that the turning radius for this truck isn’t as good as the outgoing model.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
How many plugs are in the bed? If there is only one I don’t think that is pro power on board. There should be two outlets in the back at minimum.
I'm talking about ones like yours - Ecoboost with 2kW propower. All the plugs (front dash, rear console, 2 in bed) are labeled as 20A, making them technically 2.4kW each (even though the propower is rated 2kW). I also find it far fetched that they put the 2kW in parallel with the 400W and phase-aligned them to achieve 20A.

Anyway, someone will figure it out!

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
T
I'm talking about ones like yours - Ecoboost with 2kW propower. All the plugs (front dash, rear console, 2 in bed) are labeled as 20A, making them technically 2.4kW each (even though the propower is rated 2kW). I also find it far fetched that they put the 2kW in parallel with the 400W and phase-aligned them to achieve 20A.

Anyway, someone will figure it out!
That’s interesting. I didn’t notice that. Maybe they are! I’ll have to try it out.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

Video is still processing for 4K so check back later if anything!
Congrats on your new F150.

Have you considered having the chrome parts that you mentioned wrapped in a matching satin vinyl?

Also, the tow hooks are an easy swap for the OEM black ones.

Just thought I’d suggest those two option.

I hope your new F150 gives you many trouble free miles of service.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Congrats on your new F150.

Have you considered having the chrome parts that you mentioned wrapped in a matching satin vinyl?

Also, the tow hooks are an easy swap for the OEM black ones.

Just thought I’d suggest those two option.

I hope your new F150 gives you many trouble free miles of service.
Thank you for the suggestion! Any idea where I can have that done?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Thanks for sharing the video.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Ask the Tesla owners clubs on Facebook in your area thats how we found all the good shops. Probably plenty of good installers in your area.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Just about any shop that does XPEL paint protection film on vehicles should be able to do it.

Are you familiar with XPEL?
Sponsored