Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Agreed, it seems like the best options are:

1. Wait
2. Sell existing F-150 and buy a new F-150 on the lot that has the factory software update. Usually prohibitively expensive, but given high used truck prices only stupid expensive.
3. Order a new Super Cruise enabled Sierra or Silverado that probably delivers next spring*.

*Anyone taking bets on if Fords over-the-air update bluecruise update actually materializes before or after spring 22?

Still waiting for Ford to surprise existing owners with the ability to bring to the dealer now for Bluecruise software update. Also waiting for actual communication from Ford telling me my BC software is not ready yet, why it isn't ready, and when I can expect to receive it. That would be easier than parsing information through investor calls, Twitter feeds and enthusiast forums. I'm quite happy with my F-150 hardware, just pushing Ford to be better with software and communication.
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum

1. Wait
2. Sell existing F-150 and buy a new F-150 on the lot that has the factory software update. Usually prohibitively expensive, but given high used truck prices only stupid expensive.
3. Order a new Super Cruise enabled Sierra or Silverado that probably delivers next spring*.

*Anyone taking bets on if Fords over-the-air update bluecruise update actually materializes before or after spring 22?

Still waiting for Ford to surprise existing owners with the ability to bring to the dealer now for Bluecruise software update. Also waiting for actual communication from Ford telling me my BC software is not ready yet, why it isn't ready, and when I can expect to receive it. That would be easier than parsing information through investor calls, Twitter feeds and enthusiast forums. I'm quite happy with my F-150 hardware, just pushing Ford to be better with software and communication.
Most likely we will just end up waiting. While I can't speak for most people I can say that for me it just seems like FMCO has been jerking me around for close to a year now. It started when my order was delayed then built and stuck in a field somewhere while they continued to roll completed trucks off the line.
Now the same disreguard is happening again with the bluecruise rollout. Trucks leaving the factory have it enabled and the earlier customers are left out, once again.

Being my first Ford truck, I was already apprehensive jumping brands, and while I still love the truck I am finding myself less and less satisfied with the customer support as obviously this type of business practice isn't a "one off" occurance for them. Don't even get me started on their customer communications, which so far has been nothing for me.

so most likely most of us will wait, but I would bet that Ford is losing customers already and once more options become available, I anticipate them losing a lot more.

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
The only thing a class action suit would do is make the lawyers rich. And the update won't come any faster.
Yes, and yes. However, it will give Ford a reason to reconsider ripping off their early adopters and loyal customers in the future, or at the very least give them bad press and hurt their wallet somewhat, as they've hurt ours too, considering we paid just as much money as someone who buys today, but we don't have what we were told we'd be getting.

I'd be fine waiting until Q1 2022 *IF* it hadn't been made available to anyone yet. That is not the case. Big error in judgement from Ford's part.

My (uneducated) guess is that this has nothing to do with an OTA issue (they already sent several successful updates so far), but rather it's a problem with early generation driver-facing camera and/or IR illuminators. They probably corrected a hardware issue mid-production cycle and the newer gen hardware functions adequately, as the 'older' gen does not, at least for now. My 0.02$

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Yes, and yes. However, it will give Ford a reason to reconsider ripping off their early adopters and loyal customers in the future, or at the very least give them bad press and hurt their wallet somewhat, as they've hurt ours too, considering we paid just as much money as someone who buys today, but we don't have what we were told we'd be getting.

I'd be fine waiting until Q1 2022 *IF* it hadn't been made available to anyone yet. That is not the case. Big error in judgement from Ford's part.

My (uneducated) guess is that this has nothing to do with an OTA issue (they already sent several successful updates so far), but rather it's a problem with early generation driver-facing camera and/or IR illuminators. They probably corrected a hardware issue mid-production cycle and the newer gen hardware functions adequately, as the 'older' gen does not, at least for now. My 0.02$
Not saying Ford is in the right, but there is an additional $600.00 cost for the Service itself, they people buying today are paying that additional cost.

I could still see it being an OTA issue, but who knows. I just think of something like a phone. There are small incremental updates, which are usually pretty non-intrusive. Then you have the major OS version updates. These are huge, and touch a lot of things. Perhaps the Blue Cruise OTA update is one of those and they had some issues with it.

Sponsored

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
it’s pretty cool. The sensor did catch me not paying attention for too long and scolded me lol
7624DE48-9595-4A45-8CC3-82A2FA8228E9.jpeg
agreed it was pretty neat when it turned on for me. Long road trips definitely easier now and it’s only to get better with updates.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

1. Wait

Honestly 3 is looking good. That new Sierra Denali is kinda calling my name. Ford has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. Supercruise has more roads I travel anyway. Like OTAs aren't rocket science. There's plenty of companies pulling them off. Ford is just full of sh** and they have been since the beginning of the pandemic. It's just annoying. We shall see what happens.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Honestly 3 is looking good. That new Sierra Denali is kinda calling my name. Ford has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. Supercruise has more roads I travel anyway. Like OTAs aren't rocket science. There's plenty of companies pulling them off. Ford is just full of sh** and they have been since the beginning of the pandemic. It's just annoying. We shall see what happens.
I tried to build and price a Denali this weekend, and Super Cruise is not an available option to add. reading through the GMC website it looks like they are saying Q3/Q4 2022 for Super Cruise on the Sierra. If someone has better information, please share.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I tried to build and price a Denali this weekend, and Super Cruise is not an available option to add. reading through the GMC website it looks like they are saying Q3/Q4 2022 for Super Cruise on the Sierra. If someone has better information, please share.
I don't think the build configurator is up yet for the 2022 model that has Super Cruise.

Sponsored

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
That's correct. Won't be available at the beginning due to chip shortage, unfortunately.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
If driver assistance tech is the most important thing for you I think GM is a good bet. They have been in the game a while and SuperCruise has been the driver assistance king for a number of years. No matter how good Ford is with BlueCruise my guess is they are going to lag GM for a number of years just because GM has a) been doing this longer, and b) has a much closer working relationship with an AV company than anyone else on the market due to their relationship with Cruise.

I’m still happy I bought an F-150 because it was a newly designed vehicle when I was buying one, but I probably would lean GM with a redesign and Cruise enabled. I just think credit where credit is due with GM. I think Barra has quietly been one of the best auto execs of the last 5 years. They have been out in front with long game on EV and in AV with their Cruise investment and implementation. While every other automaker (especially non-legacy) has been trying to rush into and disrupt this space GM has quietly just been building technology and platforms. We will see how it plays out but I suspect they are going to have a surprisingly good next few years of products.

Also I will reiterate; I’m very happy with my F-150 and I think Ford is progressing rapidly on the technology front. I just want to credit GM for taking the time to do a lot of this stuff right (recognizing the Bolt battery issues though my understanding is that is more of an LG problem) from an engineering and development standpoint in an environment where the brashest automakers are trying to “move fast and break things” in a space where breaking things is often not a good idea. I also think Ford’s slow rollout of some of their features is reflective of them trying to do good engineering and create safe products. They are just a few years later to the game so it’s a bit of catch-up.

My 2 cents.

djdj1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Have been playing with Bluecruise for the last couple of days, and it still needs work. Drifts to the centerline, corrects quickly (making me worried that other drivers would think I’m intoxicated) and cannot handle turning lanes. It also requires some form of steering input every 5-10 seconds or you get an alert

it maybe the newest thing, but it isn’t there yet

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Have been playing with Bluecruise for the last couple of days, and it still needs work. Drifts to the centerline, corrects quickly (making me worried that other drivers would think I’m intoxicated) and cannot handle turning lanes. It also requires some form of steering input every 5-10 seconds or you get an alert

Are you sure you're using Bluecruise? Does your dash say "Hands free" when you're using it? I used it quite a bit on i-80 and definitely don't get an alert every 5-10 seconds.

dew.man

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lots

Ditto. Although my alerts are quite a bit more infrequent. More accurately should be called ”drunk driver mode” and not ready for general rollout
Sponsored