First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150
Occupation
Engineer
I have never ordered a new vehicle direct from the manufacturer. I have heard many stories about dealers selling vehicles out from under a customer. Any thoughts on this? Also, does Ford provide a way to track the build progress? Thanks
Sponsored

The905Raptor

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
When I ordered my Raptor, they gave me the VIN (after I asked); Ford Performance gave a website to have the build tracked. It was cool to see it through every process. It also tracked the shipment to the dealer. Not sure if there is a similar offering for non-performance vehicles.

On my older Fords, I trusted the dealer to let me know where in production/shipping it was, and they seemed to be very accurate.

Maybe this is my Canadian trust in our dealers, but no bad news here.

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 150 Platinum. 2022 Platinum 3.5 6 1/2
Occupation
Retired Foreman utility company
I have never ordered a new vehicle direct from the manufacturer. I have heard many stories about dealers selling vehicles out from under a customer. Any thoughts on this? Also, does Ford provide a way to track the build progress? Thanks
when I ordered my 2016 I put down a deposit. so no they wont sell it if no deposit its ordered but can be for the store

mel063

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150, 79 Jeep CJ-5
Occupation
Sr. Director
when I ordered my 2016 I put down a deposit. so no they wont sell it if no deposit its ordered but can be for the store
How long did it take from order to delivery? I am trying to figure everything thing out. Need to sell my 18.

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 150 Platinum. 2022 Platinum 3.5 6 1/2
Occupation
Retired Foreman utility company
How long did it take from order to delivery? I am trying to figure everything thing out. Need to sell my 18.
Yes usually eight weeks if you get time it out right we are to be delivered around one of the holidays when they have their sales you’ll be able to get that rebate that they’re offering

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
If may have slipped through the "cracks"

A customer factory order has a green windows sticker (SVT excluded) so that when it arrives from the truck you have a visual indicator that it is a sold vehicle to be delivered to a customer on file..

Ford does watch that and if a dealer is "special ordering" vehicles that are not delivered to the ordering person they may be limited as to what they can order in the future...many years ago known as padding the lot.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
This should help

Get the VIN may have keep on the dealership but when you have it

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
I have a 2020 F150 Raptor that's supposed to be delivered to my local Dealer tomorrow. I've been able to get updates on it's production and delivery status from both Ford Performance and the dealership, but Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking link has never even recognized my VIN. Even today it reports "We are unable to find the VIN you entered. Either the VIN is invalid or no information is available. Please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle." Utterly useless link, unless for some reason it's not supposed to work with Ford Performance related vehicles, then, even more useless in my opinion.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
It is suppose to work with all plant productions vehicles...

The only time I did not see it working well, was when we sent the Shelbys to Las Vega to be "upfitted" prior to us receiving them.

Raptor should be a same plant separate line build item so do not understand that at all..

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
[
I have a 2020 F150 Raptor that's supposed to be delivered to my local Dealer tomorrow. I've been able to get updates on it's production and delivery status from both Ford Performance and the dealership, but Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking link has never even recognized my VIN. Even today it reports "We are unable to find the VIN you entered. Either the VIN is invalid or no information is available. Please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle." Utterly useless link, unless for some reason it's not supposed to work with Ford Performance related vehicles, then, even more useless in my opinion.
need the order number too. Have to put vin and order in

Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I am on month 4 with no eta in sight.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Also when using the trackers be sure there is no space especially at the beginning of your VIN in the VIN field. The number was too long for me to memorize and instead of typing each number I always did copy and paste. Almost every single time this caused an empty space at the beginning of the VIN and sometimes that would even cause the last number of the VIN to not be inputed and when I'd get the error I was like, D'OH and realize all numbers weren't there or there was an extra space . So be sure all numbers of the VIN are shown and no spaces because if there is any missing numbers or letters you'll get an error.
Sponsored