Sponsored

Will the bed camera stay on while driving?

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I've had my Lariat 501A a little over two months now. This past weekend I was on a job and saw a good friend who had just bought a new Silverado High Country. He loves his truck. He rode in mine this weekend and was commenting on how nice it was. I told him I wanted to see his new truck. I opened the door and actually lied to him when I said "man this is a beautiful truck". It looked very cheap in my opinion. Doesn't even come close to the interior (or exterior) to the Fords. It did have leather, but the dash was cheap and blah looking. It looked like a 7 or 8 inch infotainment screen.
I think he was honestly a little jealous after seeing how nice my interior was.

So I always thought chevy had nice trimmings but its really on their higher trim levels. But that quality defiantly has gone down. Ford has come along way but remember that no garage door opener until 501a package (Really ? ) chevy does have things like the mirror cameras and Led lighting. I have Lt trim level are they are pretty nice does ford do a better job yes but they have dropped the ball in many areas. I look at the back up camera issue and look at Tesla say hey they can access them at any point . This is nothing more than a software issue. If a competitor has a good feature then improve and make it your own.
Sponsored

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
I'm not at all surprised that the bed camera is disabled above a certain low speed. This approach falls in-line with most navigation systems that don't allow changes or involved user-interaction while the vehicle is in motion. File it under "driver distraction"... and there's a whole lot to be distracted by with today's hi-tech dash!
At least with the navigation, it asks if you are the driver or a passenger and the if you answer the passenger then the passenger can adjust.

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
At least with the navigation, it asks if you are the driver or a passenger and the if you answer the passenger then the passenger can adjust.

I cant speak to that since I don't have my truck yet but I can say on my chevy the voice recognition sucks so I can say even if there is a passenger in the seat you still can't access the nav except through voice which makes it useless.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
So I always thought chevy had nice trimmings but its really on their higher trim levels. But that quality defiantly has gone down. Ford has come along way but remember that no garage door opener until 501a package (Really ? ) chevy does have things like the mirror cameras and Led lighting. I have Lt trim level are they are pretty nice does ford do a better job yes but they have dropped the ball in many areas. I look at the back up camera issue and look at Tesla say hey they can access them at any point . This is nothing more than a software issue. If a competitor has a good feature then improve and make it your own.
To be honest....my truck has the garage door openers and I don't even use them. I have my door fobs from my openers clipped to my visor as I always did before, as they have a far better range than the one on the visor in the truck.

Grempel

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
IT
Any Luck with this? I did a test drive in a 21 powerboost and this feature worked great. I had the bed Camera on for 15 min while we drove around. I ended up buying a different color Truck, and was disappointed to see the Camera quickly turn off. Both were 21’s.

Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
yesterday i hit my camera button while driving about 40 mph... it came on showing the bed, and it did give me the option to view the hitch ball as well.
Activating the camera while stopped and then accelerating, it will shut off before 10 mph.
However... if you hit the camera button once you're moving, it will typically come on and with all the view options, at least mine does, until i hit a certain speed.

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The bed camera may turn off when you first start driving but you can turn it back on and it will stay on.

I was using it to see how good blue cruise was keeping me centered in the lanes.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
yesterday i hit my camera button while driving about 40 mph... it came on showing the bed, and it did give me the option to view the hitch ball as well.
Activating the camera while stopped and then accelerating, it will shut off before 10 mph.
However... if you hit the camera button once you're moving, it will typically come on and with all the view options, at least mine does, until i hit a certain speed.
What software update are you on?

Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
My bed camera (mounted on the third brake light) stays on at all speeds. I took some gas cans into town to fill and turned the bed cam on to watch if they moved around at all. Stayed on the entire trip. Maybe I have an odd truck? The forward camera on the front of the truck will turn off shortly after accelerating. 302a w/360 camera package.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I own a lariat 501a since last week and it lets me access no camera views at above parking lot speeds. Lame. What else is a bed camera good for if not while you’re on the highway?
Try tapping the camera button on your dash once you're at cruising speed. It works on my truck. 21 XLT w/360 camera package.

Ford F-150 Will the bed camera stay on while driving? C337C462-0D8B-4FF9-B28F-F2EA3E9BCE4B

Ford F-150 Will the bed camera stay on while driving? E52F700F-DC26-40E0-8C70-BD4FAAB9A46A

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
What software update are you on?
Hmmm... i don't know, but i know when i looked the other day, in settings, it said "software up to date" .. or something to that effect.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Hmmm... i don't know, but i know when i looked the other day, in settings, it said "software up to date" .. or something to that effect.
Mine says that too but I’m at least 2 updates behind other guys. ?
Sponsored