Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
You absolutely can check your current version as long as there is no new update pending.

Settings - System Updates - Update Details

That will show you your current version number and release notes.

I'm Lariat Powerboost 502A and still on 1.4.0
Not on my Platinum. I only see this non-informative message.

Ford F-150 Power-up 1.7.1 OTA Installed 6CAE0995-C79B-4AC3-A857-F4835C19CB5E

From my recollection, the last message I saw in Ford Pass was the update to 1.4.0. I guess I should not delete the last update message so I can track the version.
Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Not on my Platinum. I only see this non-informative message.

6CAE0995-C79B-4AC3-A857-F4835C19CB5E.jpeg

From my recollection, the last message I saw in Ford Pass was the update to 1.4.0. I guess I should not delete the last update message so I can track the version.
That's the same unhelpful information I get as well. If others are seeing actual information here, listing the current SW Ver may be part of the "other features" included in the update.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
CF6BDADB-8AF0-4B88-BCEF-B361CDCD04E5.jpeg

This is how my truck works as I drove it off the lot. I believe it’s a late build, so maybe that’s the issue.
I was using Apple Maps with CarPlay connected wirelessly for directions. I believe my truck has the factory navigation, but I wasn’t using it.
I hope we see all features / benefits the latest trucks are rolling with soon. If they are available in any version of the firmware all trucks should get it. I think if Apple held back today's feature set from an owner who bought 2 months ago it would likely not be received well. As other frustrated owners have voiced we should not have to chase this stuff. I would happily park the truck and not drive for a day if that meant I could get an update when available rather than waiting weekly for the potential of one to reach my truck.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I got update 2.1.0 this weekend. No major changes listed, which is odd given a new version release.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I hope we see all features / benefits the latest trucks are rolling with soon. If they are available in any version of the firmware all trucks should get it. I think if Apple held back today's feature set from an owner who bought 2 months ago it would likely not be received well. As other frustrated owners have voiced we should not have to chase this stuff. I would happily park the truck and not drive for a day if that meant I could get an update when available rather than waiting weekly for the potential of one to reach my truck.
Coming from the Tesla world, this is definitely NOT how it happens. Different configurations get different updates at very different times. There are two Tesla firmware tracker sites I know of that allow users to enter their firmware updates so you can see where you are with respect to other cares. Here is one of them. Maybe we should set up one for the F-150.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming from the Tesla world, this is definitely NOT how it happens. Different configurations get different updates at very different times. There are two Tesla firmware tracker sites I know of that allow users to enter their firmware updates so you can see where you are with respect to other cares. Here is one of them. Maybe we should set up one for the F-150.
That is a great idea. Since this is year one for OTA update availability on trucks that will be around (and hopefully updated) for years to come it seems like a perfect time to start it up but I have no idea how to do that.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Mine is exactly the same.
I got that a couple weeks ago as well, and it doesn't seem to have even attempted the update again since. I tried changing the auto-update date to force it to update the next morning to no avail.

As best as I can tell, that entire "Updates" screen in the Sync system is completely and utterly useless, and the truck will update on its own good time when and if it feels like it.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I got update 2.1.0 this weekend. No major changes listed, which is odd given a new version release.
Huh?
Take a picture or it didn't happen... only up to 1.7.1 as far as I know.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
You got to be the first. Wish it would tell ya more than the bare canned response....
Yeah no idea how this warrant going to a version 2. Hopefully it’s systemic changes under the hood that are driving it and it means OTA deliveries are going to approve, though not super optimistic.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
There isn't a way to check your current Power-Up version. Many mistakenly look in their Sync screen version, but that is entirely separate from the Power-Up stuff, as in your Sync version will usually not change as you get Power-Up updates. You can see the update history in OASIS, which dealers/Ford uses to check vehicle service history and that. I checked about a dozen VINs on the other site, and only two people had 1.7.1. I still don't have it yet nor is it pending. But most everyone had received 1.4 and 1.6 (except those with vehicle built after July since they would have those features off the lot).
Just curious....do you know if there is a way to have your Sync version changed? Is that something only a dealer can do once they physically have your truck? I ask because my neighbor bought a 2021 F-150 XLT 302A that's optioned almost exactly the same as mine that I bought in February, and there are a bunch of differences between his 12" screen layout and mine. The radio layout is different for example. Most importantly though, he has the option to view his bed camera at all times, even while moving, on the right hand 1/3rd of the screen, where you can rotate through different options. On my truck, it doesn't even exist as an option there, and when I push the physical camera button it says it can't show any cameras because the vehicle is in motion. Our Sync versions are different, so I am thinking that might be why he has this option but I don't.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious....do you know if there is a way to have your Sync version changed? Is that something only a dealer can do once they physically have your truck? I ask because my neighbor bought a 2021 F-150 XLT 302A that's optioned almost exactly the same as mine that I bought in February, and there are a bunch of differences between his 12" screen layout and mine. The radio layout is different for example. Most importantly though, he has the option to view his bed camera at all times, even while moving, on the right hand 1/3rd of the screen, where you can rotate through different options. On my truck, it doesn't even exist as an option there, and when I push the physical camera button it says it can't show any cameras because the vehicle is in motion. Our Sync versions are different, so I am thinking that might be why he has this option but I don't.
Are you able to advise what software versions you and your neighbour's trucks have installed.
Sponsored