• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
"all borrowed on the backs of future generations"? I'm guessing he doesn't care too much about future generations.

Ted
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
As of tonight, the draft reconciliation bill will be partially funded by taxing unrealized gains of assets owned by billionaires and those that make over $100 million/year.

I'm not sure how those taxes would be assessed and collected, but I think it's funny that Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos could end up having the privilege of contributing their tax money to EV incentives that benefit Tesla and Rivian sales.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
As of tonight, the draft reconciliation bill will be partially funded by taxing unrealized gains of assets owned by billionaires and those that make over $100 million/year.

I'm not sure how those taxes would be assessed and collected, but I think it's funny that Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos could end up having the privilege of contributing their tax money to EV incentives that benefit Tesla and Rivian sales.
Except Elon has already accounted for this.....which is why the prices of Tesla Cars keep going up every week...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Except Elon has already accounted for this.....which is why the prices of Tesla Cars keep going up every week...
Yes..but lets keep arguing for direct sales so a single guy can jack your price up $5000 because he got his feelings hurt on social media...

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Yes..but lets keep arguing for direct sales so a single guy can jack your price up $5000 because he got his feelings hurt on social media...
If you think every automaker is like Tesla, I want what you're smoking. If they all went direct sales, I doubt they'd be as volatile as Tesla.

Sponsored

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Do you all think there will definitely be an income cutoff to qualify for the EV tax credits?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Do you all think there will definitely be an income cutoff to qualify for the EV tax credits?
I suspect there will be one, but I also suspect it will be rather high. The house version of the bill had limits of $400k/yr. individual and $800k/yr. joint to support Biden's promise of no tax increases if you make under $400k.

I am also more encouraged now about them staying in the bill because Manchin killed the other major piece of climate legislation in the bill (Shame - it was a great carrot and stick plan to decarbonize our electrical generation infrastructure). Democrats are scrambling to find something or somethings to replace it with to hit the same CO2 targets. I doubt any more climate initiatives will come out.

But then, this is D.C. and who knows.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you think every automaker is like Tesla, I want what you're smoking. If they all went direct sales, I doubt they'd be as volatile as Tesla.
Very true. Elon is a special breed. No way I'd ever buy a vehicle from that twit.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I suspect there will be one, but I also suspect it will be rather high. The house version of the bill had limits of $400k/yr. individual and $800k/yr. joint to support Biden's promise of no tax increases if you make under $400k.

I am also more encouraged now about them staying in the bill because Manchin killed the other major piece of climate legislation in the bill (Shame - it was a great carrot and stick plan to decarbonize our electrical generation infrastructure). Democrats are scrambling to find something or somethings to replace it with to hit the same CO2 targets. I doubt any more climate initiatives will come out.

But then, this is D.C. and who knows.
I was thinking the same thing. I read an article that surmised the same thing. Since the other climate initiatives came out(i.e. paying utilities to go green, penalizing those who don't)... they will be looking for something else climate related to fill that void. EVs and/or chargers enjoy fairly widespread approval, less controversial. Thinking there is a greater chance they stay in and/or expanded.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This is wholesale conjecture, but I think a MSRP cutoff is much more likely than an income cutoff. It's even more likely if they switch to a point-of-sale credit because it will be nearly impossible to regulate and enforce income limits with that model.

In my opinion, it's best to target higher-volume, lower-cost EVs with a revamped credit.

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
In my opinion, it's best to target higher-volume, lower-cost EVs with a revamped credit.
That's the philosophy CT took with the state rebate. Unfortunately, they set the MSRP so low (originally 40k, temporarily at 43k) that most of the popular models are excluded :(

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's the philosophy CT took with the state rebate. Unfortunately, they set the MSRP so low (originally 40k, temporarily at 43k) that most of the popular models are excluded :(
The problem is when you make that so low no one can use it. I'd LOVE to pay $40k for an EV. But thats not reality. Problem is the $40k EVs just won't work for my needs. Heck, you can't even get many gas SUVs for under $40k these days. Its unrealistic and if enough people can't use it(mass adoption of EVs) then whats the point?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The problem is when you make that so low no one can use it. I'd LOVE to pay $40k for an EV. But thats not reality. Problem is the $40k EVs just won't work for my needs. Heck, you can't even get many gas SUVs for under $40k these days. Its unrealistic and if enough people can't use it(mass adoption of EVs) then whats the point?
The point is to make EV's look bad (See no one buys them even if we offer an incentive). That way ICE vehicles and gas keep being sold and pockets keep being lined.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
It gets even better (worse)... they held a commission meeting to complain that not enough people were using the credit and they had to give money back to the state! When the local EV club tried to point out the VERY relevant facts around their MSRP cap the chairman dismissed them and said they wouldn't change it. On this commission are... you guessed it... a lot of the local bigwig dealers who have a vested interest in making it hard for us to buy EVs like Tesla and Rivian (CT has direct sales restrictions). We had to go down to NY to buy ours.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
And Virginia has an annual surtax on EVs and fuel efficient vehicles. The excuse is that they need to offset the lost revenue from the gas tax.
Sponsored