• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do I need to worry about dealer pushing price over MSRP?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I know how cars can sometimes go for over MSRP. I have a reservation with a commercial ford truck dealer in NJ - Causeway Ford. Wondering what the odds might be they will try and beat me up for extra dealer markup.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I know how cars can sometimes go for over MSRP. I have a reservation with a commercial ford truck dealer in NJ - Causeway Ford. Wondering what the odds might be they will try and beat me up for extra dealer markup.
Odds are good. See what you can get about pricing now (in writing if you can) and be prepared to move your reservation.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Just ask them and have it in writing.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I understand the Ford hasn't confirmed pricing to dealers so some dealers are unwilling to commit to MSRP, no ADM. However, dealers know what they can make on typical MSRP, and several have already committed to MSRP and a few to lower. If you get a wishy washy answer from your dealer, shop around for another dealer.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
There are some data points on this ongoing thread here:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ont-apply-adm-additional-dealer-markups.5954/

After asking around 8 different Ford dealers, I found one in a different county 45 minutes away and they are the most responsive.

Ken Grody Ford - Buena Park:
  • No dealer markups / no added dealer accessories for an order vehicle = MSRP
  • X Plan honored for an order car
  • $1500 CA Clean Fuel Reward discount at time of sale (POS)

Dealer did say that both no markup and X Plan terms are void for an on lot, inventoried vehicle that they order for their inventory.

So it pays to find a dealer that you are happy with even if it means passing up nearby dealers...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
As you can see, the answer is yes. Orders are opening soon so I recommend calling around now.

AB852

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
There are some data points on this ongoing thread here:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ont-apply-adm-additional-dealer-markups.5954/

After asking around 8 different Ford dealers, I found one in a different county 45 minutes away and they are the most responsive.

Ken Grody Ford - Buena Park:
  • No dealer markups / no added dealer accessories for an order vehicle = MSRP
  • X Plan honored for an order car
  • $1500 CA Clean Fuel Reward discount at time of sale (POS)

Dealer did say that both no markup and X Plan terms are void for an on lot, inventoried vehicle that they order for their inventory.

So it pays to find a dealer that you are happy with even if it means passing up nearby dealers...
Hey Meteoshot,
Do you have a contact over at Ken Grody? I’m thinking about switching my reservation over to them.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Hey Meteoshot,
Do you have a contact over at Ken Grody? I’m thinking about switching my reservation over to them.
How does one go about switching a reservation to a different dealer?

AB852

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
How does one go about switching a reservation to a different dealer?
See below -

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
I want to share my experience when changing dealers through the Ford line. The first call had unintelligible dropouts in signal clarity and the person on the receiving end had no idea what they were talking about. When the line finally became impossible to understand I hung up and recalled the same line and got a very understanding gentleman who quickly changed my order after verifying my information. The previous deposit was returned and I asked my new dealer if they wanted the $100 deposit again and they did not require it

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
As people have mentioned, get the offer in writing. My dealer offered me the discounted price in a purchase order.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Hey Meteoshot,
Sent you a PM.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I want to share my experience when changing dealers through the Ford line. The first call had unintelligible dropouts in signal clarity and the person on the receiving end had no idea what they were talking about. When the line finally became impossible to understand I hung up and recalled the same line and got a very understanding gentleman who quickly changed my order after verifying my information. The previous deposit was returned and I asked my new dealer if they wanted the $100 deposit again and they did not require it
The refund and re-charge is a bit scary. but I guess as long as you keep same reservation number that is okay

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
The refund and re-charge is a bit scary. but I guess as long as you keep same reservation number that is okay
My reservation number did not change still within the first 20k. But I am worried about this dealer allocation thing that's happening over in the Bronco forums.
Sponsored